Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 07:58:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325244 times)
ClayB
« Reply #14080 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

or weirdness in general. everyone wants their art to be edgy, and their games/music to be "experimental"
Ashkin
« Reply #14081 on: January 22, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »

or weirdness in general. everyone wants their art to be edgy, and their games/music to be "experimental"
Not to mention the whole 'lol im so random banana lazerz lol' thing.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14082 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »

Borderlands 2 is a perfect example of this. They took an AAA game and marketed it with 87 bazillion guns.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: January 22, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »

i think that's a fair point, i feel like 'weird' is much more commodified now
you mean as in the whole "nerd chic" thing for instance?

I think "nerd" (I hate that word, but that's a different discussion) is just the new culture that everyone semi-adopts so they can feel like they are special. There is a long standing history of this, and I am sure they will move on at some point, just a matter of time.

Ever seen the "crab people" episode of southpark?  Smiley

Think happy thoughts.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: January 22, 2013, 11:30:19 PM »

for some reason a lot of formerly weird/nerd trends are becoming more mainstream

jumpsuits
art people writing in all lowercase letters
stories about hobbits and dwarves
zombies
dota

it's cool to be a nerd these days. even politicians/billionaires are writing in sms txt
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14085 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:42 AM »

Viva la revolution.  Cool

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Ant
« Reply #14086 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:44 AM »

http://www.edge-online.com/features/edge-developer-awards-2013-the-top-50-studios-working-today/

Comic book artist, website editor, developer: Derek Yu, AKA Mossmouth, is the US indie scene’s Renaissance man.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14087 on: January 23, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »

pf. that stuffy ol bro hasn't even made a pc game in the past twenty hours.

renaissance man? more like run-the-sauce man.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14088 on: January 23, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14089 on: January 23, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »

It's sad how much of that I laughed at

Think happy thoughts.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14090 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »

you mean as in the whole "nerd chic" thing for instance?

I think "nerd" (I hate that word, but that's a different discussion) is just the new culture that everyone semi-adopts so they can feel like they are special. There is a long standing history of this, and I am sure they will move on at some point, just a matter of time.
yeah i agree lol. i was just trying to find out if that's what rob was talking about.

subcultures have always existed and have been commercially exploited for as long as the concept of commerce exists. the difference today is probably that the commercialization/commodification happens faster and is more pervasive thanks to 21st century global capitalism. OR SOMETHING
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #14091 on: January 23, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »

yeah pretty much that, and bc of globalization and the lack of geographical barriers new subcultures are formed more quickly and can be much larger. a genre like "chillwave" or w/e can be christened and then be relatively very popular and then fade away in the span of like a year.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14092 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

yeah pretty much that, and bc of globalization and the lack of geographical barriers new subcultures are formed more quickly and can be much larger. a genre like "chillwave" or w/e can be christened and then be relatively very popular and then fade away in the span of like a year.

Haha, fucking chillwave. That was my 2010, witch house too. I cant come up with any other genres that lasted only one year.

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14093 on: January 23, 2013, 07:12:45 PM »

Being "hip" is a subculture as well. Hipsters don't do what society tells them to, but since most of society would call themselves hipsters, hipsters can not be classified as hipsters.

Note: I hope that made sense. My ramblings confuse people sometimes.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14094 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

Oh my god! I have never expected this Death Battle:

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #14095 on: January 24, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »

Cool series, never seen it before. I like the Link vs Cloud one a lot.

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14096 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

I'm starting to think that fashion and trends is simply doing the opposite of things that were cool a few years back or doing it to even more extreme levels.

I like looking at how 'hardcore' rock kept outdoing each other. First beatles, then elvis, then 'hard rock', then 'metal', then 'heavy metal'. Or the evolution from hip hop to whatever the hell this obscene rap has become.

I like how mainstream was jocks and cheerleaders a couple of decades back, and now mainstream is superheroes, medieval fantasy. Seinfeld/Friends, 'realistic' sitcoms was cool 10 years back.. and a few years back, it was Glee and other 'fake' sitcoms. Today, fake retro like Instagram is cool.

I'm predicting 80s stuff like killer robots or disco or killer disco robots will make a comeback by 2020.

Or we can just go more extreme and do zombie superheroes or gorier zombies.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14097 on: January 25, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

HEY GUYS
Did you know electromagnetic radiation is everything you ever hoped it would be? it is the sex to your potatoes. the bacon to your steering column. the man to your fiber glass helmet wrapped in newspaper.
yes sir! if you ever feel alone at night, pray to your electromagnetic radiation.
and bask in the glory of ultraviolet light pouring through your window from the crypts of the cosmos!
crystals!
caves!
castles!
carnivorous plants!
Boy Digitty!

(this is the opening narration to DESHORI PART III: THE UNEVEN REALM)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14098 on: January 25, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »

First beatles, then elvis
uhm
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14099 on: January 25, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »

I hate that the first reaction I get to "I have a game on the app store" is
"is it free?", almost every time.
I know they don't intend to be rude, they are trying to show a willingness to download the game, but only if it's free, so it sounds to me like they are saying "i would never pay money for a game, your craft is worthless"

I think i'll be glad when I release a free-to-play game, so I can simply answer "yes"

Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic