Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:28:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311305 times)
feminazi
« Reply #14340 on: February 22, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »

mipe is dum
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: February 22, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »

I missed you too, bobo.

Though I'm not quite sure what you mean with other forums. I don't recall actively participating on more than three forums. Huh? I was only being a piece of shit on this forum because it was encouraged. A place to go wild, so to speak. Whenever I have the time and am in the mood, that is.

You must be thinking of someone else. I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how you guys were always quick to connect me to certain shitposters. Well, I could care less, however I am genuinely interested in which other forums were you referring to. Do enlighten me, please - I am quite interested in learning whether there are places with more arrogant and pretentious jerks than here.

Do tell and I shall extend you the courtesy of taking another extended leave. Things need to be done, after all, and the stress relief I have been looking for here is starting to backfire.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: February 22, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »

Ekans is snake backwards, and Muk is...
Actually nevermind

Think happy thoughts.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: February 22, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »

all I remember mipe for is

"Once transgenders gain such an ability from medicinal advances, I will be castrating myself. Mark me down as a mysoginist or something, that's how I feel."

reminds me of my backwater uncle who married his cousin
deathtotheweird
« Reply #14344 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »

thats fucking gross as hell why would you ever put that in a trailer

why would you put that in a game.

Gratuitous violence for the sake of gratuitous violence is not very interesting to me. Tomb Raider is supposed to be about raiding tombs, not seeing a rod get jammed through someone's skull.

It's a tiny bit more accepting in games like Dead Space and Manhunt where you are meant to feel disturbed. But in Tomb Raider?

edit: am I took late for the tomb raider talk? we're bashing mipe now? ok. fuck mipe.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: February 22, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »

I'm not back. I just got bored.

Entertain me.

Please.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: February 22, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »

Torture raider

Now with zoophilie too

seriously from frail to psychosociopath mass murderer with guilt complex (cry in each cinematics apparently), I didn't even get the arrow in the throat gif, what kind of sadistic dev is that?

More like dexter croft

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14347 on: February 22, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »

yeah, this game is not a tomb raider game.
way violent and takes itself too seriously.
there's this dissonance too between them presenting her as a "strong female character"
and her being a total psycho. She's a teenager in this game right? How could they possibly explain a girl with no history of violence suddenly killing a couple hundred/maybe thousand people.
A person with any sense would just grab the first vehicle she could and get the hell out of dodge.
I don't know many girls that would like this game or find this ver of lara to be a good role model or some the heck.
So bloody muddy psycho for teenage boys to jerk off to it is then.

EDIT: also this is a prequel, how in the heck does lara have a sense of humor and/or sense of womanly grace after this? because she does in other games. now she's just a psycho in all the other games too. unless they somehow manage to give her some major therapy at the end of the game or something.

tl;dr

vidyo gaems dont make any sense.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:52:59 PM by peanutbuttershoes » Logged
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: February 22, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »

tomb raider as directed by lucio fulci
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: February 22, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »

I have a feeling that there will be a huge dissonance between the tone that the writers wants to enforce and the actual gameplay, probably more so than most games.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: February 22, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »

publisher market reception fear
+ the team is surely a lot of insecure male about how to handle and upgrade such an female and game culture icons, also skyrim envy (look at the map)
Bow is really the new things to showcase in modern game or what? like zelda Oot did it almost 15 years ago ... way to go industry

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14351 on: February 22, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

ugh. if they had made this game as a straight up lara croft game I think it would have done better at market and been praised for it's ability to remain true to the series in the face of a crapton of grim bro FPS games.

ok. maybe it wouldn't have done better at market or received praise worthy of note. but i would have given it some major props yo.

Does anyone know of any article or anything that point to who has the most buying power in the games market?

Gamer that knows his/her stuff, appreciates the classics (age 25-45) vs. xxGamerBro1337xx, mom buys all his games (age 10-20)

I think I might not need an article to tell me that one though... Sad
Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »

all I remember mipe for is

"Once transgenders gain such an ability from medicinal advances, I will be castrating myself. Mark me down as a mysoginist or something, that's how I feel."

reminds me of my backwater uncle who married his cousin

Yes, and? I still stand behind those words. Don't like it? Too bad, I'm not the type to lie to make you feel better. I am simply a strongly cisgendered and cissexual male who finds anything but biological women repulsive. But you shouldn't concern yourself so much with thoughts and preferences of some jerk on the internet.

By the way, I have a thing for tomboys and strong willed women. Like, I would totally go for Lara Croft.

Talk about irony.

Except she seems like a psycho in these gameplay videos... Way to ruin the image of the kickass spelunker that shaped my childhood. Well, fuck that, I still have other idols that I will hang on to for dear life before the overzealous liberal writers set on ruining them.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14353 on: February 22, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

not exactly liberal writer here

Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »

Yeah, I know, just ranting in general. A little bitter after the whole Dragon Age and Mass Effect deal.
feminazi
« Reply #14355 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »

lolololloloollo
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14356 on: February 22, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »

tomb raider as directed by lucio fulci
i heard fulci was a pretty bad misogynist

who cares he only made 2 good movies anyway.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »

That was kind of my point, yeah.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »

oops im dum
ClayB
« Reply #14359 on: February 22, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »

WHOA, that's red dead redemption!

I hope her self-empoweredness doesn't come off as this homicidal. Then again, videogames.

This might be the first tomb raider I play, I heard somewhere the game was supposed to have an open world set on an island (but more restricted, like an Arkham Asylum). Is that even true? I hope so, that could be fun. I have a feeling this won't be the gripping character drama people want it to be, not because of bad writing, but because videogames.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic