Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:15:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2308799 times)
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14460 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »

I love how bold Ghibli were with the violence in Princess Mononoke. Dismembering a guys arm with bow and arrow is quite the feat.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #14461 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »

tbh, im wondering whether the announcements forum should even exist. right now it's kinda a spam section for people to copypasta their press releases into. otoh it probably helps reducing that sort of shit in the feedback and devlog forums.

if it wasn't for the announcement forum freeindiegam.es wouldn't have saw my game. if freeindiegam.es didn't see it then indiegames.com wouldn't have seen it either. if indiegames.com didn't see it then rockpapershotgun.com wouldn't have seen my game either.

perhaps there needs to be a minimum amount of posts before you're allowed to post a game in Announcements. or make the forum enforce a system where mods have to approve every post (I would volunteer for that job).
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: February 28, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »

I'd be willing to go over posts as well if you want. I'm on the forums enough as it is.

I don't know that the forum software allows something like that, though.
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »

I wonder if the character limit in signatures could be raised, if just by 100 or so. Kinda hate having to use bit.ly to link to threads in these very forums.
Uykered
« Reply #14464 on: February 28, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

if it wasn't for the announcement forum freeindiegam.es wouldn't have saw my game. if freeindiegam.es didn't see it then indiegames.com wouldn't have seen it either. if indiegames.com didn't see it then rockpapershotgun.com wouldn't have seen my game either

I only checked the announcement forum after seeing it on RPS, lols.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »

point is it's an easy way for outside journo people to check for new games etc

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Ant
« Reply #14466 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:09 AM »

Yeah I don't have any problems people posting game announcements in there, the problem is people post announcements for stuff like their new games site or marketing services willy nilly in other parts. Maybe you could have it so all announcements go in there and there's two icons, one for games and another for everything else. People can just look for games if they want and it serves as a dump for the other stuff.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: March 01, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »

should just add a post requirement for making new threads. it'd solve most spam related issues, even if it was just like a five post requirement. altho there'd have to be an exception for the mancrib i guess?

it's not that hard to just pass over non game posts, though.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Uykered
« Reply #14468 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »

Yeah the other forums have topic icons, Announcements needs them too! Make it easier to see what things are (or for) at a glance.
Ant
« Reply #14469 on: March 01, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »

i guess you could just use the post icons from the feedback forum, so if it doesn't have a platform icon then you know it's not a game announcement
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: March 01, 2013, 01:47:19 AM »

and you think other announcements wouldnt just use the pc icon? haha

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: March 01, 2013, 04:12:34 AM »

I'm concerned a small post requirement will just encourage five spammy posts followed by an announcement.

Maybe once a week somebody could compile the most interesting announcements into a single front page post? JayIsGames does a link dump once a week that works the same way. The effort would be relatively minimal, and you could further reduce the effort by encouraging announcements to fit some requested format in hopes they'll get in the front page summary.

I like announcements as they stand now. They're out of the way, and it keeps announcements from cluttering the other forums.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: March 01, 2013, 04:41:57 AM »

y'know back in the *olden days* we used to drome threads that were just ppl signing up to copypaste a press release. me and dragonmaw were definitely still doing it after we became mods, but then it kinda stopped for w/e reason (probably just laziness :p). at the moment the only thing that results in a droming and ban is ppl trying to post "viral marketing" bs in the middle of unrelated threads.
Ant
« Reply #14473 on: March 01, 2013, 06:08:54 AM »

Guess so but it seems like extra work for you mods. Sometimes you get more marginal stuff like this dude who seems to be pimping some new console in the games section. Kinda spammy but I dunno what affiliation he has and he's a long time poster, would this get dromed? If you've got one announcements forum then you can just say dump all that crap in here, no faffing.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14474 on: March 01, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »

Sometimes you get more marginal stuff like this dude who seems to be pimping some new console in the games section. Kinda spammy but I dunno what affiliation he has and he's a long time poster, would this get dromed?

The linked site is a subdomain of his own site and 4 of the 5 announced "first party games" are his... Roll Eyes

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14475 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:53 AM »

if the post requirement was 25/50/100, nobody would bother spamming up that many posts just to viral their minecraft ios clone
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14476 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »

if the post requirement was 25/50/100, nobody would bother spamming up that many posts just to viral their minecraft ios clone

And if they did, it'd be bannable anyway.
feminazi
« Reply #14477 on: March 01, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »

im bord
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »

Maybe once a week somebody could compile the most interesting announcements into a single front page post? JayIsGames does a link dump once a week that works the same way. The effort would be relatively minimal, and you could further reduce the effort by encouraging announcements to fit some requested format in hopes they'll get in the front page summary.

let's be realistic here, that's not gonna happen. it's taken rinkuhero like 3 months (and counting) to post the results of the top games poll he held, and that's just a list w/ some links / youtube videos. most of the posts now are one youtube video and half a paragraph. anything more than that isn't happening, and even if it does happen, it will probably die in a week or two. i think journos already trawl the announcements forum, it's already a relatively easy place to get news from.

feminazi
« Reply #14479 on: March 02, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517674

what's the point in game criticism when gamers are this stupid. donkeykongshame.gif
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic