Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:13:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325548 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #14580 on: March 10, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

http://www.amilova.com/en/comics-manga/2820/waldo-papaye/chapter-1/page-1.html read waldo papaye in english NOW (I was the designer)
You can switch language on the page

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »

It looks really good, Gimmy!

Some of the text doesn't fit in the boxes, though. I think that you might need to review the pages and adjust the line breaks. Other than that, though, the translation looks really good.

I think I might read through this over the next few weeks. How long is it?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

I'm not in charge of translation (it's benevolent) nor site design (it's a web service, not my site, it's also made by fan for fan essentially) nor I was responsible for uploading the page (the drawer found and upload his works to this site).
Right now it's 3 chapiters (9 in french, second books has start) long but the story start slow (I designed the world and the drawer mixed my mythology and backstory to create it's own spin). A lot of "creole" things are left untranslate too (timale = is a creole slang for "boy", it's familiar/friendly/taunting level of language depending on the context).

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »

Tell me about Monster Hunter Tri, guys.

I've never played Monster Hunter before. I played the demo, and it looks like there's a lot of different equipment you can pick from, but watching some Youtube videos suggests that at some point in the game you have to start gearing up specifically for certain bosses and applying WoW-raid types of strategies. One video had a group with bows and sleep arrows and bombs, and the narrator cautioned that not bringing enough bombs dooms to the group, but then again the boss was some giant fire dragon and so maybe that's just one of the very last bosses.

It seems like the bosses are endurance missions, where you just keep piling on damage for ten minutes until you win. It also seems like there's no life meter, so you just have to keep guessing at how close you're getting to winning.

What's not clear to me is how much of the game is single player, and how much is multiplayer. Will I need to get a dedicated group of friends to play the game effectively? Is multiplayer optional until the endgame? Is it structured so you can do pick up groups effectively?
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

Monster Hunter Tri has both a singleplayer and multiplayer mode of about equal length. Both modes can stand alone, but a mixture of both is perhaps the best. Pretty great game any way you play it.

WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: March 11, 2013, 01:34:23 AM »

Why do mods here never reply to my PMs?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:55 AM »

Why do mods here never reply to my PMs?

because i've never received a PM from you? Shrug
Uykered
« Reply #14587 on: March 11, 2013, 04:24:19 AM »

You never PM'd me either?
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: March 11, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »

Well, more like admins. Should've been more specific with the person. xD
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: March 11, 2013, 09:22:33 AM »

Most of the stuff that you usually need can be done by mods, so there's no point to contact admins, except some serious trouble.

Ashkin
« Reply #14590 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »

Derek's usually pretty busy, and I'm pretty sure progrium never visits anymore.
What did you PM them about?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

if you wanna contact mods, it's either me or dragonmaw. inanimate isn't very active anymore i think, and guert even less so. for admins, it's derek, though he may take a while to respond.

but yeah, like leonelc said, there's no real need to contact admins for anything, unless it's about, like, creating a new subforum or sth.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: March 11, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »

he is "gathering input" for his nadia sculpt  Who, Me?
best time to summon the derek Hand Shake Left Shrug Hand Shake Right

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: March 11, 2013, 02:29:57 PM »

I'm really excited about the most recent papal election. The church is showing their marketing savvy with this one, I think, by retiring the old pope instead of waiting for him to die. If the new pope turns out to be better than the old one, they just go on like nothing was out of the ordinary. But if the new pope is unpopular, they can retire him and bring back the old pope, but charge a premium for him by rebranding him as Pope Classic.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: March 11, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »

Hand Clap
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14595 on: March 11, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »

if you wanna contact mods, it's either me or dragonmaw. inanimate isn't very active anymore i think, and guert even less so. for admins, it's derek, though he may take a while to respond.

but yeah, like leonelc said, there's no real need to contact admins for anything, unless it's about, like, creating a new subforum or sth.

I thought I PMed you but it wasn't in my outbox and you didn't reply.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: March 11, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »

I'm really excited about the most recent papal election. The church is showing their marketing savvy with this one, I think, by retiring the old pope instead of waiting for him to die. If the new pope turns out to be better than the old one, they just go on like nothing was out of the ordinary. But if the new pope is unpopular, they can retire him and bring back the old pope, but charge a premium for him by rebranding him as Pope Classic.

Amazing.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: March 11, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »

church is run by EA don't expect too much from them

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: March 11, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »

I thought I PMed you but it wasn't in my outbox and you didn't reply.
like i said i never got any PMs from you. just send me another one.  Shrug
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: March 11, 2013, 10:59:36 PM »

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/zynga-debate-over-originality-is-vastly-overblown-6405101
"What I actually said was that all games are derived from other games, that this has been happening long before Zynga, and that the debate about originality in games is vastly overblown and misses the mark,"

Part of it were true, i mean, look at NES & Atari era, bunch of space shooter there, but it's hard to say "you were right, Zynga" consider that the word is come from them, and they wan us to excuse them for cloning others. Such shameless company.

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic