Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:08:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311919 times)
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15020 on: April 23, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »

I think he means their games generally get a score of 7/10?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:07 PM »

ok

A friend of mine at ubi use to tell, it's a 7score machine, never more never less. I think the score are now higher but that's because expectation are now lower.
ubi tries to make games that get 7s in reviews, which i guess means games that are competent and polished but not much else

But they still has one of the most interesting big AAA IMHO franchise with assassin's creed even with all the lack or miss it might have.
however, assassin's creed is one of the most interesting AAA franchises despite its faults.

"desilet" is this guy: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_D%C3%A9silets
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: April 23, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »

That's a neat story. Assassin's Creed was originally meant to be a Prince of Persia title? Or the developer was told to make it more like PoP mechanically?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: April 23, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »

welp the mechanical similarities (combat, platforming) between asscreed and sands of time are kinda obvious
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:12 PM »

On the other hand Prince of Persia is all about performing pre-determined sequences of actions to cross terrain like a platformer, whereas Assassin's Creed handles most of the platforming for you and you're more concerned with avoiding/killing enemies while charting out a path to an objective and then escaping again.

I'm just curious whether Disilet was inspired to change the mechanics, or the IP, or both when he "disobeyed and made assassin".
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15025 on: April 23, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »

Maybe "disilet" is gilbertish transliteration for "disney" ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: April 23, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »

on 7 score
They don't try to make game that are seven, their process only allow them to reach this score (at least in the past). Ubi has been championing rational game design, everything is measured (how many pixel it takes on screen) and competent people are actually hired for well covered task (UI, ergonomy, architect, etc...). The result is a polished but soulless game that generally lead very quickly to franchise fatigue (prince of persia or splinter cell notably). Their game are generally reaction to a trend where they offer a unique take on another game (prince of persia button mapping mirror zelda and expend on some concept of this game) which lead to an initial success. However they failed to keep iterating on that success (until ass creed) and the brand tank while the inspiration continue to thrive (metal gear).

I thought what happen in asscredd was well known Tongue but the game was an empty sandbox with almost no gameplay until very late in the project, a lot of wild but failed idea about social stealth, a very smart animation system for the time and a novel navigation system. Desilet is more in line with immersive things like dear easter and was actively trying to combat traditional "silly" convention, he push really hard for integrated and diegetic interface that make sens (the animus is an excuse for gameplay limitation, the button are mapped according to a puppeteer metaphore of head, hand, feet). They were left to their own device, certain to do something sensational but failed to find the structured fun. When the head of ubi learned about what they are doing it was too late to plug the cord and failure to provide a working game led to tension. Ultimately they send someone who push the final mission structure in 3 month before gold (hence the repetition). The game was really well receive and has a distinct personality with truly competent art direction. Desilet was pushed on the sideway until he left at the end of ass 2.

That's more or less the story

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: April 23, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »

On the other hand Prince of Persia is all about performing pre-determined sequences of actions to cross terrain like a platformer, whereas Assassin's Creed handles most of the platforming for you and you're more concerned with avoiding/killing enemies while charting out a path to an objective and then escaping again.
yes but the basic interactions are very similar. same mechanics, different context.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »

One thing I miss about old games is that you can just pop the game into your stereo/CD player and you have the OST right there. Shame that doesn't happen these days. Coincidentally, I think I found my old Rayman disc judging from the music. I'm going to nostalgia the crap out of it.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #15029 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »

One thing I miss about old games is that you can just pop the game into your stereo/CD player and you have the OST right there. Shame that doesn't happen these days. Coincidentally, I think I found my old Rayman disc judging from the music. I'm going to nostalgia the crap out of it.
haha, yeah I remember doing the same with many old games, especially Rayman.
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15030 on: April 24, 2013, 03:13:38 AM »

I remember trying that with c64 tapes.

Hand Shake Left No No NO Hand Shake Right
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15031 on: April 24, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »

My snes carts don't fit there. Neither do my nes or atari ones. What are you talking about?

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: April 24, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

Yeh, I totally did that with my Rayman disc.

also:

oh man what if a new Okami game is announced...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:23:27 PM by Mono » Logged

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15033 on: April 24, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Conker534
« Reply #15034 on: April 24, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »

Sometimes I regret the decisions I've made.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: April 24, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »

There's an app for that
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mixology-drink-cocktail-recipes/id320926534?mt=8

Think happy thoughts.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15036 on: April 24, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »

There's nothing we can do about it than to keep going forward...

...Or creating a time machine and be our own counselor.

Conker534
« Reply #15037 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »

I could use that
Ashkin
« Reply #15038 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »

Sometimes I intake oxygen through my mouth and into my lungs
Conker534
« Reply #15039 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »

Thats deep
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic