Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:53:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325481 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: May 01, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »

Why is Japan's virtual console so good when ours is terrible? The Jap Wii u VC launched with two fire emblem games and mother 2 Sad
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:08:39 PM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: May 01, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »

Why is Japan's virtual console so good when ours is terrible? The Jap Wii u VC launched with two fire emblem games and mother 2 Sad

EarthBound's coming to North American Wii U Virtual Consoles if that'll make you happy.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: May 01, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »

EarthBound's coming to North American Wii U Virtual Consoles if that'll make you happy.

I know, but that's still several months off, I don't get why they don't just release it now

Think happy thoughts.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »

I know, but that's still several months off, I don't get why they don't just release it now

Probably because they're changing content since whatever license for the use of Beatles references expired. From that area before fighting Giygas sample from All You Need is Love), the pop quiz in Onett and XXXterday (answer is "Yes"), the yellow submarine, and other things such as the Johnny B. Goode intro to fighting the New Age Retro Hippie. Face it, out of all of Nintendo's games, it's probably the one with the most non-Nintendo references (excluding Super Smash Bros. with Namco-Bandai for SSB4, Sonic and Solid Snake for SSB:B).
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15164 on: May 01, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »

why can't you be a japanese, baka swainu ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #15165 on: May 01, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »

Probably because they're changing content since whatever license for the use of Beatles references expired. From that area before fighting Giygas sample from All You Need is Love), the pop quiz in Onett and XXXterday (answer is "Yes"), the yellow submarine, and other things such as the Johnny B. Goode intro to fighting the New Age Retro Hippie. Face it, out of all of Nintendo's games, it's probably the one with the most non-Nintendo references (excluding Super Smash Bros. with Namco-Bandai for SSB4, Sonic and Solid Snake for SSB:B).

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/20/earthbound-virtual-console-port-wasnt-held-back-by-music-issues

side note: I love the XXXterday thing, I laughed so hard the first time I saw it  Smiley

edit: also, I am going to go out on a limb here and say they never had a Beatles license to begin with...

Think happy thoughts.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15166 on: May 01, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »

Too busy drooling over all the true low res CRTs I don't own.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: May 01, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »

Oh don't be such a ⼈⼦.
It's supposed to be manchild, my Chinese is a little rusty.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:05:06 PM by Player Ʒ » Logged
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: May 01, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Oh don't be such a square.

ftfy

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15169 on: May 02, 2013, 03:23:15 PM »

Code:
 Maybe they can't afford to make a downloadable playable demo without getting some money from KS first
WTF?
I didn't know you need $150k to be able even start coding and making art on your free time.
Maybe they live in huts and need to buy a penthouse so they have a plesaent environment to work on their game.

Yes, I guess you want to censor me like they deleted my post in their indieDB page asking what they have more than that video?
Oh well, I am waiting eagerly when most of these kickstarter will start to reach their deadline, assuming they won't stretch it for years like wolfire did.
It will be such a beautiful and magnifisent fail when many of these projects won't be able to deliver even tenth of what they promise. They basically want to port their road rash game to like 20 platforms.
They even said that networking between platform is very hard, that's the most pathetic thing I have heard.

Master of all trades.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15170 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »

Code:
 Maybe they can't afford to make a downloadable playable demo without getting some money from KS first
WTF?
I didn't know you need $150k to be able even start coding and making art on your free time.
Maybe they live in huts and need to buy a penthouse so they have a plesaent environment to work on their game.

This is a team of 9 people! If you subtract the Kickstarter rewards, it comes out to something like 10k per person. Working for a year, that's like minimum wage. I fail to see how they could afford a shack, much less a penthouse.

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15171 on: May 03, 2013, 01:58:07 AM »

You don't. But people who just code and make art in their free time are unlikely to be able to develop a game like this very fast at all, and the longer they take over it, the less likely they ever are to release a game.

Plus, if these guys are games industry professionals they probably don't have any free time outside of work. If they want to make a game, they have to make it their job.

On average, each person has around 40 hours of productive work in them a week, and working longer hours than that for long decreases productivity and increases error. If they work in their spare time after a games industry job which already takes up 50-60 hours a week, that means they'll be producing a shittier game than if they work on it full-time. Plus potentially risking their jobs by being [even] less productive and more error-prone at work.

Have you heard the term 'vertical slice'? It's entirely possible that they implemented enough to be able to show the core game working over that short stretch of road in the demo, and nothing else works; releasing that as a playable demo would leave people with a worse impression than not releasing a demo at all.

Yes, I guess you want to censor me

...eh? I suspect you may actually be clinically insane.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »

if only ron paul mccartney was president, he'd show those pinkos what the real free market is and send em Back To The USSR
ClayB
« Reply #15173 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:05 AM »

if only ron paul mccartney was president, he'd show those pinkos what the real free market is and send em Back To The USSR

Hand Clap Tears of Joy
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15174 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »

the weird thing is i'm not sure why pompi supports ron paul (if he does?) when ron paul said that he doesn't support foreign aid to israel and believes that all of palestine should be returned to the arabs

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: May 03, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »

When was the last you were 100% in agreement with some political people?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15176 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

2012 (NDA)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15177 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »

the MEP I voted for basically has me covered regarding everything imaginable, it's almost magical

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ClayB
« Reply #15178 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15179 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic