Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:51:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327387 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #17940 on: April 27, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »

How this Venezuelan stuff is evolving? How keops is doing? Is he fine?

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: April 27, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »

yup, you get anti-semitism from both the right and the left. i also feel like the left is getting worse about it now that the holocaust is (falsely) considered "ancient history" in some places.
I absolutely agree.

Also: That video is messed up, I feel for them and I sincerely hope that Venezuela emerges a more free place.

Also, again: how do you guys stay on track when making a game? I have some time now and want to design and make a little project over the next week and a half but I always have trouble staying focused. Do any of you use Pomodoro? Is there any computer program that you could recommend? Any tips?

Think happy thoughts.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: April 27, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »

pomodoro works well for me. i just use my phone's timer function tho. i wrote it off as pointless self help bs for the longest time, but it actually helps me concentrate, at least until i get into the "flow" of working, at which point i don't really need it anymore.

EDIT: i also found that it helps if you plan some kind of activity for your breaks, otherwise you'll often just end up moping around not knowing what to do. light exercise (like a few pushups or w/e) is great if your work involves a lot of sitting. i also play casual ios games and shit like that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:56:40 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: April 27, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »

Giving Pomodoro a try then.
Also, it is snowing. April 27th and it is snowing.  WTF

Think happy thoughts.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: April 28, 2014, 07:07:20 AM »

poe
« Reply #17945 on: April 28, 2014, 07:37:15 AM »

I hate like 70% of the indie games community, whys everyone a social activist tard, it's just video games you artsy nerds
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: April 28, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »

Because most of them are from harsh social background? They carve their way just like anyone else really, and that mean defending their actions and existance, early video games has to do the same, early indie game have to do the same, it's just the normal way, welcome to the real world. Now go back to watching these tv series that mock anything video game related.

poe
« Reply #17947 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:41 AM »

That slightly makes sense but why do they push shit so aggressively, I don't care one way or another about what they're pushing, it just seems like they could be more successful in selling their ideas somewhere else because video games don't really line up with gay rights or pro abortion or whatever the fuck it is.

Kinda expecting eva to come in here with a somewhat reasonable answer (probably wrapped in slurs and insults as well but w/e)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17948 on: April 28, 2014, 07:46:05 AM »

Because most of them are from harsh social background?
lol

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: April 28, 2014, 07:59:13 AM »

i uh... think most indie devs are still middle class white men actually
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17950 on: April 28, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »

That slightly makes sense but why do they push shit so aggressively, I don't care one way or another about what they're pushing, it just seems like they could be more successful in selling their ideas somewhere else because video games don't really line up with gay rights or pro abortion or whatever the fuck it is.
Yo if you're genuinely wanting to know and it's not just a cowardly potshot wrapped to look like you are, here's a collection of resources http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38714.0

edit: haha oh you deleted your account
check back in 500 posts I guess

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: April 28, 2014, 08:11:19 AM »

I don't care one way or another about what they're pushing, it just seems like they could be more successful in selling their ideas somewhere else because video games don't really line up with gay rights or pro abortion or whatever the fuck it is.

thats pretty egotistical bro
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17952 on: April 28, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »

I saw the beginning of the video but my internet is slowdown

What the point of the video please ?

I saw some dude playing ping pong with a girl and doing some weird stuff afterwards...

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:46 AM »

I think that a lot of people (regardless of race or having a penisness) who are involved in the indie scene have experience with things like bullying and violence which would make them more sympathetic to other peoples struggles. At least that is why I think so many are vocal about causes. Even people like me have come around a lot when it comes to feminism in the games industry. I mean, we are all losers to the world, we don't want a class system within even this community.

Think happy thoughts.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: April 28, 2014, 09:12:30 AM »

I saw the beginning of the video but my internet is slowdown

I can only appreciate the irony

@CA
"Most" of those pushing social agenda ARE not the white men.

It's like the art stuff all other again, it's like someone made a game and suddenly all the gazibazillion traditional game are threaten by that one game that is addressing a niche and should not exist while another niche (say roguelike) "when it wasn't a thing" was totally okay when they push for recognition (and eventually break big and swallowing everything in it, like say roguelike).

@poe
Also most social justice where just caught offguard, they made a game naively thinking they were part of this big gameing culture, get backlash for "existing in the first place" and get to defend themselves and then get to know people that are like them. ALL of them start has a celebration of gaming then get picked up for being different, then have to come to defend their passion (making game) after a moment of denial, disbelieve and shocked.

Nerd and geek used to have an history of being bullied, you would thought they will be receptive and empathize with other "misfit", but they were the first to jump on the bully bandwagon when given the opportunity. There is a minority about social justice, it's just a minority, 70% of game out there don't even consider that on their radar, but the odd one that do attract all the worst of attention, it's a false perception that it's all about social justice nowaday.

I don't know if existing is pushing agenda, don't push yours on them first Wink

poe
« Reply #17955 on: April 28, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »

My agenda = this is games so let's just make games and not deal with other shit unless we want to.

I've seldom seen people get attacked as much as people make it out to be (not denying it happens, not denying it's wrong)

And no this isn't just a cheap potshot, I don't know why you would even think it is.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17956 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »

dude it's like you're only watching the start of the video, all you see is the dude playing ping pong but you can't see the message behind all this because you don't watch the whole video.

And no, this is not "just games", this is oculus rift

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
poe
« Reply #17957 on: April 28, 2014, 09:25:11 AM »

I don't care one way or another about what they're pushing, it just seems like they could be more successful in selling their ideas somewhere else because video games don't really line up with gay rights or pro abortion or whatever the fuck it is.

thats pretty egotistical bro

How so? I just think their attention would be better suited elsewhere than a place where everyone mostly agrees with them.

Also why is it such a sensitive topic to talk about people who care about sensitive topics, that seems silly. (Maybe I'm just pre defensive and getting the wrong vibe, though)

Also quick note: at least the extremist feminists are blatantly more tolerable than the extremist men's right bullshit people from reddit.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »

Their agenda was to make game until people like you say they where pushing agenda just because it's not about saving the princess, of courtse after a while they will speak up! I mean have you seen Sophie Houlden? she just make game, and christine love? she just make game, and anna anthropy, she just make game and maybe more than most of people here. Idem for reviewer, mattie brice? leigh alexander? carolyn petit? all start has just review game with their own opionion and them things blew up to 9000+ just because they think game is part of their culture.

And why you don't just have a real jobs like everybody? that's the same things!

poe
« Reply #17959 on: April 28, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »

Their agenda was to make game until people like you say they where pushing agenda just because it's not about saving the princess, of courtse after a while they will speak up! I mean have you seen Sophie Houlden? she just make game, and christine love? she just make game, and anna anthropy, she just make game and maybe more than most of people here. Idem for reviewer, mattie brice? leigh alexander? carolyn petit? all start has just review game with their own opionion and them things blew up to 9000+ just because they think game is part of their culture.

And why you don't just have a real jobs like everybody? that's the same things!

That's not what I said at all actually. I'm not talking about their games. I'm talking about how they act as people within the community.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic