Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:01:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2312030 times)
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18620 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:16 AM »

[img](but not sure where malaika the game is goin now haha)

That's normal, If you do something you have never done before or isn't a decorated carbon copy of something else. Because you really have two things to do, the game and the standard to which it must live one (instead of comparing to existing works). But that's what makes your game valuable. I hope you figure it out!

I'm sure you know that already Smiley

Oh and great animation, I had already seen it through my youtube subscription.

Hey
thanks for seeing this
I didnt knew you were on youtube (not sure )
Send me your name via PM please

Well thanks for the game , i honestly dont mind anymore about the final quality , i'll go through it as much i can , if it's bad , then it's bad
As you said , not much inspiration there (Colossus ps2 game , Valkyrie profile , for the most xd)
But i will show something soon , all i need is some days of 60H please. (24 is way too short )

C.A. Silbereisen
Thanks dude.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »

Got results back from the Autosomal DNA test I did. I'm mostly white although I have more Southern European (Spanish, Italian, etc) in me than I thought, probably from when the Netherlands was occupied by Spain. I am also Native American (which I knew about) and Middle Eastern (which I didn't and I am guessing comes from a bit of Jewish descent). It's pretty neat that I have a data file that contains information about part of my DNA, the modern world is amazing.

Think happy thoughts.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: August 02, 2014, 05:54:42 AM »

Be careful, never forget that each generation receive only half of the dna of their parents, which mean half is discarded per child, which mean some heritage can simply be lost.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: August 02, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »

Be careful, never forget that each generation receive only half of the dna of their parents, which mean half is discarded per child, which mean some heritage can simply be lost.

Yep, I actually just finished explaining this to my mom who was wondering why my "Native" percentage was so low.
I mean when it comes down to it we are all African right?

Think happy thoughts.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: August 02, 2014, 06:04:57 AM »

Yep but old primo human is likely to have a different dna pattern than modern african. Variation on this basis (aka loosely "ethnicity" but this concept don't make sense at the dna level) is how we track ancestry. So not sure how this count. You know all of this already, 'im just rambling Huh?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18625 on: August 02, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »

Do you think the preservation of genetic heritage is important? I wouldn't look at it as a heritage being "lost" so much as contributing to a pool in which (hopefully) the best traits from each are passed on.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: August 02, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »

I was talking at a technical level not at philosophical level.

It's just that the picture of ancestry is inaccurate, especially at just one individual level. It's technically a lottery with "survival and breeding" as a fitness selection mechanics.

What we think philosophically as little relevance, except if we plan to use those data. And since we are a civilization of data, preserving it start to matter. It matter because it represent opportunities potential in the future, even if we can't figure out what the potential is now (maybe curing, maybe filtering or maybe re programming life itself).

Until we became a fully data (reality) writing civilization when singularities happens Who, Me?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: August 05, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »

Okay, so I misunderstood you. I'm not entirely sure that we'll find a use for old genetic information (except perhaps as a historical reference) since it would seem to me that modern methods of altering genetic code to observe differences will continue to be more efficient for tracking down beneficial mutations than looking at old genetic code for hints. But yeah, holding onto that data is probably easy enough that it's worth archiving even if it never has any use.

I do think there could be an argument made for the philosophical side - for example, an individual who feels strongly about keeping their genetic line alive (which is basically the basis of all life on earth, when you think about it). I wasn't sure if you were trying to make that argument, but was curious to hear why you were making it if you were. Which you weren't.

Anyway, this is a few months old but I don't think anyone posted it yet:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/09/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-america-invades-denmark-minecraft/

Aside from the humor inherent in invading a virtual country I think it's kind of a neat way to address geography. Not particularly practical, given the limited scope of Minecraft for building detailed worlds, but I'd suspect Nordic pride at Minecraft being born locally figured into it if only a little bit.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

We need the old gene data until we crack the genetic code and program and compile directly in the native language

edit:

America didn't invade denmark, it is bringing democracy to denmark

Denmark has considerably large deposits of oil and natural gas in the North Sea and ranks as number 32 in the world among net exporters of crude oil[101] and was producing 259,980 barrels of crude oil a day in 2009
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:02:32 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:14 PM »

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/321439#ixzz2oXtkXLgT
This is the more funny dire news ever

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18630 on: August 06, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »

It's funnier if you read it while imagining a news anchor after inhaling helium.

I've read about this repeatedly over the last few years, and I'm a little surprised there is still no method of obtaining helium synthetically, or harvesting it from the atmosphere. I'm sure as prices spike and supply dwindles we'll see a surge of innovation as people develop alternative methods for operating helium-reliant machines, or methods of obtaining helium.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #18631 on: August 06, 2014, 05:25:48 PM »

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

It's happening.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #18632 on: August 07, 2014, 12:59:27 AM »

If VOD is what i think it is(is it mean video that's not streamed?), then consider all game related video muted.

I know(think) it's DMCA work to implement all this, but it just suck.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18633 on: August 07, 2014, 04:14:51 AM »

It's funnier if you read it while imagining a news anchor after inhaling helium.

I've read about this repeatedly over the last few years, and I'm a little surprised there is still no method of obtaining helium synthetically, or harvesting it from the atmosphere. I'm sure as prices spike and supply dwindles we'll see a surge of innovation as people develop alternative methods for operating helium-reliant machines, or methods of obtaining helium.

Problem with helium is that it is an element, therefore it can't really be created other than fusing hydrogen (which might happen as a side product of fusion plants) and because it isn't that reactive, it isn't part of molecules where it could be separated. When helium is free in atmosphere, it will eventually escape to the space. Because of that I'm not sure how much there is alternative obtaining methods :/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18634 on: August 07, 2014, 05:05:23 AM »

i think it's a good decision. i mean think about it: they're cannibalizing the large and booming market for videogame soundtrack CDs. people work their asses off putting these things together. u dont know how stressful it is to select a piece of game promo material to use as album artwork until you've done it yourself.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #18635 on: August 07, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »

i think it's a good decision. i mean think about it: they're cannibalizing the large and booming market for videogame soundtrack CDs. people work their asses off putting these things together. u dont know how stressful it is to select a piece of game promo material to use as album artwork until you've done it yourself.
It's true about it, and Twitch is doing it to protect the right of the composer. But then not everyone want to be (over) protected by thing like this. It's the same with game piracy. That's the reason Creative Common is created. They should've ask the composer to sign up if the composer want to protect their stuff.

But then the fun of Twitch i think is to watch live stream.

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18636 on: August 07, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

It's true about it, and Twitch is doing it to protect the right of the composer. But then not everyone want to be (over) protected by thing like this. It's the same with game piracy. That's the reason Creative Common is created. They should've ask the composer to sign up if the composer want to protect their stuff.
I think you do have to sign up if you want to have your work protected: It looks like you'd have to register with the company they partnered with, AudibleMagic, or be part of an organization that does that for you?

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18637 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »

Except that there's already an example of a developer having videos of their game muted on Twitch even though they never uploaded their music to Audible Magic (there's suspicion that AM is automatically grabbing music off SoundCloud).

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
pottering
« Reply #18638 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »

one of the things that bother me is that they automate this processes and yet don't have to deal with the consequences of that automation failing

shit, they even use it as an excuse, "oh sorry, it is automated, not our fault"

it is your fault, you put this system in place, godammit
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18639 on: August 07, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
I have pwn on adobe, time to change password all over the places

Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1393
Print
Jump to: