Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:09:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327076 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19420 on: December 02, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »

glad2hear sweden treats refugees like shit too
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19421 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »

dunno about that but at least there's a party in parliament with the sole mission of treating them worse so there's that

Actually apparently it's been pretty bad sometimes particularly in cases of unaccompanied minors

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: December 02, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »

Looking forward to damaged economy and further international embarrassment.
all because you're scared of syrian refugees good job guys good job
neither side is budging on immigration policy at least so haha fuck you racists
And this sentiment is at the heart of why the Sweden Democrats have become so popular, and are likely to further increase in size if another election is called.

I disagree with SD on just about every topic, but I still think this rhetoric is quite counterproductive. We've been calling SD voters dirty words for years now, the newspapers attack them at every opportunity, and no politician wants to cooperate with them. How well did that work out for us? Do you think the freshly recruited SD members will return to their respective parties if you just call them racists a few more times?

Personally, I think all the parties involved have handled this situation poorly. If they really wanted to minimize SD's influence then they would cooperate across block boundaries, but the left and right seem incapable of that as well. They're just pointing fingers at each other.

I don't really feel represented by any party right now except for the Pirate Party, and at this point I'm beginning to doubt that PP will ever be able to get any seats in the riksdag. The pirate ship appears to have sailed...

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »

There is a thing I noticed: Art games have also paved the way for TOY game like "where is my hammer", god this game is relaxing. Toy game have always existed but there is a new found acceptance and trend with them now (see goat simulator), less about challenge and more about "play" and silly fun.

You didn't link the game, Gimmy.

http://tocogames.itch.io/where-is-my-hammer-destroy-everything

I'm not sure acceptance of toy games is really that recent - as far back as 2004 JayisGames would feature similar games as "Webtoys", and that's only because Jayisgames started that far back. What I think we're seeing is that as technology advances and it becomes easier to create these sorts of games for fun with high production values and thus people are able to experiment more easily.

Art games are just benefiting from that same technological advance that makes it easier to produce and distribute them. One isn't causing the other, they're just coming up alongside each other for the same reasons.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: December 02, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »

but there is a new found acceptance and trend with them now

which is hella cool but tbh it probably has more to do with the popularity of "sandbox" games like gta, elder scrolls and especially minecraft than "art games".

"art games" did pave the way for many of the narrative experiments happening in the AAA industry right now tho i think.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #19425 on: December 02, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

Joke/toy games like Goat Simulator, Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread receive a lot of free press from youtubers and other personalities due to their ridiculous premise and gameplay. I think that's a key aspect of why they tend to do well financially. On closer scrutiny Goat Simulator has many issues, but a game that spreads so quickly through word of mouth is likely to be a success.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #19426 on: December 02, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »

That's why I said it has always existed, but I still think success of game like QWOP did encourage more of the mind set, to not just laugh at how game are broken (like bethesda game or sonic 2k6) but as valid design choice. So I don't think I'm being contradict here Smiley just complemented. I'm not talking about a clear break from the norm but a self reinforcing loop that led to this kind of game. And now clear design pattern emerged between pure failure and successful one, there is clear way to break a game to find a certain audience (which not might be you or me). It seems goat simulator nailed it, I don't like the game, but I "get it"! Also the lol random culture of internet help a lot!

Also I have seen a resurgence of masocore subgenre rebranded as "unfair X":

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19427 on: December 02, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »

You couldn't prove a particular cause anyway, so everyone here is just speculating.

You've also forgotten to consider that 'toy' games are extremely accessible and can do well because they're appropriate for all skill levels.

The biggest "Unfair" thing in the last few years was that official New Super Mario 2 level pack of "Impossible" levels. You might be onto something with that. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/19/new-super-mario-bros-2-gets-impossible-dlc-pack
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19428 on: December 02, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »

true

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19429 on: December 02, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »

Holy shit!
In the crew by ubisoft, OPEN WORLD racing game
You unlock piece of map by going to RADIO TOWER
CREATIVITY, every ubi soft will be the same

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19430 on: December 02, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

Assassin's Kart
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19431 on: December 03, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »

I wish Ubi could repurpose their gameplay the same way nintendo did, there is no twist, ubi can't twist.

Also you think unfair game and toy game where strange? what about idle game?

EDIT
http://www.kongregate.com/games/tukkun/anti-idle-the-game
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:55:43 AM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19432 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »

progress quest was actually a "clone"/"variant"/"spiritual successor" to a similar MMO parody game where you had to press a button for the game to continue iirc Wizard

unfortunately i can't remember what the name of the "original" was and wikipedia doesn't mention it
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19433 on: December 04, 2014, 01:58:25 AM »

http://www.4alltravelers.com/top-15-castles-around-the-world/?utm_campaign=TRV-P196-T14-wintercastle-topcastles&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dailymail-row

Dat why i love people of north countries
They are able to make crazy architecture in the cold and make it pretty
Total respect again for the north people

seriously

They can be proud

German crazy shit , love those colors

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19434 on: December 04, 2014, 03:22:40 AM »

That's some impressive architecture for sure.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19435 on: December 04, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

Do PS1 and PSP games can be downloaded and played from a PS3? I remember vaguely that you can download PSP games from the PS3, but I can't recall if they are playable from it. (I'm asking because I'm undecided on buying a PS TV)

(Also, is a PS TV worth it?)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19436 on: December 04, 2014, 12:52:47 PM »

ps1: downloadable and playable
psp: downloadable but not playable
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:59:20 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19437 on: December 04, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »

I see, thanks.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19438 on: December 04, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

anyway the pstv is a vita not a ps3 afaik, which means that both ps1 and psp games are PROBABLY playable on it.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19439 on: December 04, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »

and select psvita games (not all) as it does not have touch and rear screen (also stream ps4 output)

Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic