Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:56:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325617 times)
JWK5
« Reply #20180 on: March 16, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »

Painkillers/muscle relaxers are such a double edged sword. On one hand not having the agony of the spinal surgery, fibromyalgia, costocondritis, etc. bearing down on me 24/7 makes it so much easier to get things done, but on the other hand the euphoria greatly diminishes the finesse I am able to apply to any give task and makes social interaction awkward at best.There seems to be no happy medium. It is hard not to fall into the "this sucks... life sucks..." depression cycle but thankfully my stubbornness drives me onward. The mystery of it all is why am I so hellbent on moving forward with making a game. As in, what is even the point? What are the stakes for me? Why do I want this so bad, why do I keep slamming against the wall? What is calling out to me?

I am high as shit (as is the case whe finally resorting to take my meds) so don't mind me, Im just ruminating here, but Still, in the midst of this mental haze I find myself less concerned with wanting to make something "good" and more concerned with making something that is just pleasant, for lack of better wording. For example, Dragon Warrior (NES) was pleasant for me, playing it brought me a sense of gentle momentum, a comfortable flowing. The pace was such that I almost felt a sort of inner peace while playing it.

Deep down, that is what I want to create. In these brief respites from pain and stress there is a clarity that reveals to me that really I don't want to impress, I want to share that feeling of flowing connection that has always had such an impact on me.

tl;dr: With just about anything I am finding that putting the desire for connection at the forefront rekindles the magic and curiosity that a systematic approach can often dull down.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: March 16, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »

Many years ago I had seen Stretch Panic in the used game store several times and almost got it because it was a Treasure game, but didn't. Then today, on a whim, I looked for a youtube video of it.

Now I'm pretty sure if I'd bought it back then playing it at home would be super awkward. Dodged a bullet there.

I think it's not a stretch to say you avoided a panic  Ninja

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: March 16, 2015, 08:23:40 PM »

BTW we got art game, now we have a revival of wtf game
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011784
they never disappeared (see above panic) but wtf!!

relevant
http://boingboing.net/2015/03/16/punk-games.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:30:14 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:57 AM »

nintendo announce new console for next year code name NX

Nintendo goes mobile with DenA

edit:
Nintendo goes PC with DenA

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:50:09 AM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20184 on: March 17, 2015, 07:59:41 AM »

i don't think the console was announced for next year. i think we're just going to get more info next year with a 2017 release most likely. that's how i read it anyway.

that stock graph blew my mind, though. crazy shit.

jiitype
« Reply #20185 on: March 17, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »

We'll get more details of the NX next year, not the console itself.

So you guys ready for Clash of Marios? Angry Luigis?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: March 17, 2015, 08:08:57 AM »

-"Mobile gaming is a hot, profitable space to get into. Games like "Clash of Clans," "Game of War," and "Candy Crush" practically mint money by offering in-app purchases for virtual items. Couple that model with Nintendo's library of classic franchises, and you probably have a formula for success."

Please no.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20187 on: March 17, 2015, 08:24:11 AM »

We'll get more details of the NX next year, not the console itself.

So you guys ready for Clash of Marios? Angry Luigis?

there's already the mario puzzle & dragons game. honestly it's about time they do this. Shrug
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: March 17, 2015, 08:26:18 AM »

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-shuffle/

TBH we had a fair warning.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/17/free-to-play-should-respect-gamers/
jiitype
« Reply #20190 on: March 17, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »

Actually a new Advance Wars on iPad would be pretty sweet
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20191 on: March 18, 2015, 03:35:36 AM »

yeh. btw there's already the pokemon tcg for ipad

idk i think this is a good move on nintendo's part. itll probably make them lots of cash (just look at the stock picture gimmy posted lol) and maybe some of the games will even be fun. lots of kneejerk mobile game hate in the reactions to this smh
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #20192 on: March 18, 2015, 03:43:37 AM »

I just want a proper sequel to the Gameboy Pokemon TCG to be released in the west. That game was the shit. It could have easily become a sideshow series next to the main Pokemon games, replacing traditional combat with card duels.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
jiitype
« Reply #20193 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:52 AM »

Interesting http://www.destructoid.com/dena-spent-5-years-trying-to-partner-with-nintendo-289191.phtml
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20194 on: March 18, 2015, 07:47:40 AM »

Can you sell your own mods (not altering game-engine)? For example, those that made their own items for The Sims 1 or those that make new level packs for Counter-Strike. Can you sell those? They aren't marketed as files independent of the original game engine (thus you still need the original game to use these mods) and the files don't include the entire game in it anyway.

JWK5
« Reply #20195 on: March 18, 2015, 09:06:38 AM »

We need more of this mindset in the game industry:

The Lost Valley is also the first Harvest Moon title with downloadable content. The great thing about it is that DLC allows us to take feedback on game development even after the main game was completed and launched. It lets us react to feedback in a way we didn’t have the opportunity to before; it’s a freedom we relish now that we’re the developers. We didn’t start developing the DLC until after the game was and released, because we wanted the DLC to be what fans were asking for once they experienced the game. DLC is a process and will continue to roll out as the content is developed and produced.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20196 on: March 18, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »

it sucks when developers do cool stuff like that for shit games.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20197 on: March 18, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »

Can you sell your own mods (not altering game-engine)? For example, those that made their own items for The Sims 1 or those that make new level packs for Counter-Strike. Can you sell those? They aren't marketed as files independent of the original game engine (thus you still need the original game to use these mods) and the files don't include the entire game in it anyway.

it seems to me there isa market already about sims items and mod, google it.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20198 on: March 18, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »

So who's going to buy a Steam controller?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20199 on: March 18, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »

hopefully enough people that supporting generic controllers will be a thing again and not have every damn developer big and small assume the only input device for pc someone could possibly have is a fucking Microsoft™ XBOX® ©360 controller

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic