Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:04:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327025 times)
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20320 on: March 28, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »

I can substitute banana with a pear, pineapple, orange, kaki, cherries etc. The statement remains the same. Who says you need to eat all variations of raw foods, even those which you don't like?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pfotegeist
« Reply #20321 on: March 28, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »

Ok, how about this for common sense? Most animals maintain asynchronous roles in parenthood.  Only now we've decided both parents need to work while the kids are cared for by strangers then we can all eat fast dinner!
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20322 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »

You can't fight biology like that.

Also it is often easy to detect false science by yourself, once you actually start reasoning. For example it is often claimed that our brains could only develop after the invention of cooking. Just look at any pre-cooking ancestor or simply a gorilla, he obviously grows a brain until it's grown up. So he obviously has the nutrients to grow a brain and even grow itself. He can grow while the nutrients remain the same. So what stops the growth process? Simply the genetic code, but not the lack of nutrients.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20323 on: March 28, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »

WHAT? you just cross the intelligent design threshold, fact has never been so twisted ... we never said cook was necessary to develop the brain, only it helpt it develop FURTHER by freeing time for applying cognition and making digestion more effective, saving energy for more stuff to do instead of spending it breaking down complex food down. It has nothing to do with nutrients actually! It's all about efficiency, most animal spend days digesting food when we do it on our sleep time.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20324 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »

Eating meat is not efficient, speaking of complex food it makes you full and sleepy.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20325 on: March 28, 2015, 09:17:40 PM »

meat is efficient as heck. it takes way less energy to turn meat into meat than grass into meat.

that's why lions eat every other day while wilderbeast chew on grass 24/7 and also why being a predator is a viable strategy in the first place.

~common sense~

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20326 on: March 28, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »

i almost complained to mods to split this thread, but it truly isn't worth a new thread so i guess this is where it goes.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20327 on: March 28, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »

yeah it really have jumped the shark at gorilla, or dare I say jumped the snake Wizard

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #20328 on: March 28, 2015, 09:45:54 PM »

bah bah black sheep have you any black sheep, yes sir yes sir oh no i left out the punctuation

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20329 on: March 29, 2015, 02:48:02 AM »

meat is efficient as heck. it takes way less energy to turn meat into meat than grass into meat.

that's why lions eat every other day while wilderbeast chew on grass 24/7 and also why being a predator is a viable strategy in the first place.

~common sense~
You are not a lion, and you also don't eat just pure grass like a cow. You can also argue that inuits mostly eat meat, but also have to drink blood. The body can endure a lot but it's just an emergency plan and by far not optimal. They also live a short life. Eating flesh is not a simple process where you just turn related proteins of the meat to your own. Just eat a large fruit salad and a large roast beef and you will see what's efficient, and most importantly better balanced.

You can also eat a lot junk food every day. But that doesn't make it efficient. It's efficient in accumulating toxic and calories you don't really need.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #20330 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:01 AM »

There are practices that developed over time which made prepared food more efficient to digest than just heating it up.

meat was aged, rotted for preparation (which we'd find pretty gross sounding, I wouldn't try it)
grains and beans were soaked and/or sprouted (huh?)

I think beans usually still soaked, but grains aren't.  This could be the real culprit behind why carbs have such a bad reputation recently.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20331 on: March 29, 2015, 04:46:10 AM »

ya gorgin on fresh muscles and intestines is a lot more appealing

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #20332 on: March 29, 2015, 05:46:11 AM »

PUPPY MILLS ARE TERRIBLE.

BURR MILLS GET A MUCH EVENER GRIND.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20333 on: March 29, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »

The 2015 raw food fight, we all remember that dire time where gut and bloood where shared among us

BTW Massai goes raw with blood and milk exclusively

But I'm no lacto intolerant too, please check your macro biomes compatibility else upgrade to the latest biomeware by ingesting fresh poop relative to your dna profile and environment and behavior pattern, check our free mc affee bioscan to analyse your guts, get a free trial to our antivirus serum to protectyourself to malbiomes.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #20334 on: March 29, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »

I know I've read this somewhere, "humans are opportunist eaters."  We now have more food available than we know what to do with, and the healthier foods are becoming harder to reach.  Some food we eat is so devoid of nutrition it makes us hungrier.

Also the same for bunnies, they eat what's in front of them, usually, if they feel a bit peckish.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20335 on: March 29, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »

opportunist omnivores like us just eat what they find and can digest but obv we'll go for higher quality food (proteins and compact calories) when available.

don't look to bunnies for diet advice they eat their own poop

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20336 on: March 29, 2015, 02:53:27 PM »

i thought gimmy enlightened you on the power of poop

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20337 on: March 29, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »

welp theres some new agey health thing based around drinking your own piss mixed with fruit juice (srs)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20338 on: March 29, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »

They could get Kevin Costner to endorse it. The "Waterworld Diet".
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20339 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:41 AM »

Yes, I think I've heard of this too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenkem

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic