Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:29:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311840 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20420 on: April 02, 2015, 10:12:59 AM »

Also fuck April fool's.
Worst day of the year. I want to have a normal fucking day and read about credible stuff but it's impossible on an internet where everyone is acting like five-year-olds in this ~magical~ date. I had entirely forgotten this day was a thing, but as soon as I was reminded, I just went back to sleep for five hours and then didn't go online for most of the day, but opened up a book instead.

Happy it's over! Coffee

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20421 on: April 02, 2015, 10:31:39 AM »

nofunallowed.jpg
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20422 on: April 02, 2015, 10:35:38 AM »

They don't call me Ava Scrooge for nuthin'.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20423 on: April 02, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »

destiny kind of mix that dodge bullet spam from enemy and have the player "point and click".
I still wonder why there isn't actually more pnp fps, modern survival fps come close to that, walking sim almost are ... seems like a lost opportunity.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20424 on: April 02, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/coffee_dad

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20425 on: April 02, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »

Also fuck April fool's.
Worst day of the year. I want to have a normal fucking day and read about credible stuff but it's impossible on an internet where everyone is acting like five-year-olds in this ~magical~ date. I had entirely forgotten this day was a thing, but as soon as I was reminded, I just went back to sleep for five hours and then didn't go online for most of the day, but opened up a book instead.

Happy it's over! Coffee
First world problem 2015 is over. Let's celebrate.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20426 on: April 02, 2015, 11:44:12 AM »

no such thing as 2 much coffee

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20427 on: April 02, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »

Coffee, one of the most underestimated toxics. The energy pill for the weak.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: April 02, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »

Also fuck April fool's.

Happy it's over! Coffee
First world problem 2015 is over. Let's celebrate.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20429 on: April 02, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »

novelty twitter accounts are the literary avantgarde of the 21st century (only half joking)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20430 on: April 02, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »

novelty twitter accounts are the literary avantgarde of the 21st century (only half joking)
sometimes i wonder if eva runs half of them because they're so typically her (not this one, but like woman against feminism, birds rights activist and avocado rights activists)

those ones actually provide at least some percentage of entertaining satire tho

found another one https://twitter.com/SeinfeldToday
may be coupled with https://soundcloud.com/mcmangos/what-if-seinfeld-theme-song
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:14:55 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20431 on: April 02, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »

The consumption of literature and media have so radically change within so little time we are still judging them from the old establishment, even when we are young. Expectation are broken and educated appreciation is totally not in phase with the actual experience of them. Note that never before so many cultural artifacts was produced by such a vastly diverse sources across class and experiences. Before the educated was a single class and produce most of the works inside a strictly regulated set of values, this has been shattered. Uneducated people today have consume much more literacy than most of the educated people of the time, but the experience of the past are distorted because we mostly leverage the best of them at witness of the time.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20432 on: April 02, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »

I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender after hearing so much about it. It's ok. The animation is good and the action sequences are fantastic, as is the music. I think the concept of the show and some of its themes are quite novel and have the potential to be really interesting if explored properly (being frozen for 100 years only to realise all your friends are dead, reincarnation, having an immense responsibility while still being a kid, social/political issues that arise from bending, the industrial impact of bending, the effects of a 100 year war, etc) however I feel that the show only rarely explores these concepts and pays off on them. I guess what I really want is Avatar: The HBO series.

I also find that the humour falls flat, the voice acting is very mediocre and the show falls back into generic cartoon tropes fairly often. However the show does strike a good balance between filler/fun episodes and story/serialisation.

I'm still on the first season so I can't speak for the rest of the series. I've also been told The Legend of Korra is more mature, so I'm looking forward to watching that after Avatar.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20433 on: April 03, 2015, 02:11:39 AM »

first season worst season

korra is good at first, bad at middle, good at last

atla and korra are really good and i got super into them when i watched them but i don't have as much of a love for them as other stuff and sort of forget i like them unless i'm watching them at the moment, if that makes sense

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20434 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:59 AM »

Avatar definitely picks up and it's worth watching to the end, it goes some unexpected places with it's characters and backstory, and the threshold to forgive the "for kids" barrier or entry is less and less as you go on. Though it's important to remember that they are all kids. It's worth a watch.

Korra is bad. I've tried and tried to find anything redeemable about the first season or the characters in general and there's nothing. If anything it's way less mature.

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #20435 on: April 03, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »

Fight For the Glory of Rome!

Clickhole's first choose-your-own-adventure. Hopefully the first of many.

http://www.clickhole.com/clickventure/fight-glory-rome-2096#1,
ChocoKinesis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: April 03, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »

To claim Fight for the Glory of Rome as Clickhole's first CYOA is to discredit the likes of The Mysterious Shadows of Skullshadow Island, Death Attends the Matinee, and Sleepover at Brynna's. Educate yourself on these fine examples of interactive fiction, and feel shame.
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: April 04, 2015, 05:22:04 AM »

To claim Fight for the Glory of Rome as Clickhole's first CYOA is to discredit the likes of The Mysterious Shadows of Skullshadow Island, Death Attends the Matinee, and Sleepover at Brynna's. Educate yourself on these fine examples of interactive fiction, and feel shame.

-> Feel Shame
-> Use Whirlwind Attack on ChocoKinesis

Hmmmm.....
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: April 04, 2015, 05:54:19 AM »

http://jams.gamejolt.io/femalelinkjam

Here you go, Gimmy.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: April 04, 2015, 06:05:02 AM »

Onlive is closing, it never made sense for high spec game, but make all the sense for perfect emulation of old hardware as the bandwidth is there. Too bad they are so cheap you could just send the rom anyway and even run it on bowser, but that's not perfect emulation.

Ya I know already Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic