Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:36:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325478 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20440 on: April 04, 2015, 06:11:16 AM »

I like the concept of this i guess, but isn't what they are asking kinda plagiarism? or like unauthorized use of licensed material?
I feel like it would be better as a crowd-sourcing campaign for female link fan art maybe even a petition

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: April 04, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023052
hardcore is deader

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: April 04, 2015, 08:13:02 AM »

NINTENDO SPECULATION TIME agains

After the direct I think we might have seen the future of nintendo ... instead of mario kart 9 you will have continuous update of mario kart ad finitum, dlc to the end. OKAY this generation of game might not be that, but I totally see them developping toward that trends as the new normal on the next generation of game ... it works with the incremental unified hardwares strategy they hinted on ... and it make sense with physical amiibo like business plan and reduce the cost of player acquisitions. I'm sure you will have one game and maybe some update won't be available for older hardware, which mean that game might be backward compatible with older hardware too.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20443 on: April 04, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »

KAY I BIT THE BAIT!!

black woman link

see how it goes

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20444 on: April 04, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »

And she's missing an arm too!
How inclusive.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20445 on: April 04, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »

I like the concept of this i guess, but isn't what they are asking kinda plagiarism? or like unauthorized use of licensed material?
I feel like it would be better as a crowd-sourcing campaign for female link fan art maybe even a petition
holy shit who cares unless you're nintendo's legal division and even then. nobody's gonna go to jail for making fangames

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20446 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »

And she's missing an arm too!
How inclusive.

Gentleman

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20447 on: April 04, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »

Gimmy delivered just like I knew he would.

Making games is a lot more effective than just a petition or an art contest, because it can demonstrate that the audience is there. Signing a petition takes no time and effort. Downloading, playing and sharing games takes more effort and is accordingly stronger, plus lasts beyond the end of the petition period.

This is definitely the way to do it.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20448 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »

Quote from the bottom of the Female Link Jam page:

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20449 on: April 04, 2015, 06:48:57 PM »

holy shit who cares unless you're nintendo's legal division and even then. nobody's gonna go to jail for making fangames

Well, with a game jam, it's usually an excuse to practice rapid prototyping, idea generation etc. And you still retain the IP of anything you make in a jam, meaning you might even continue work on it and sell it one day.
This female link game jam takes away all of those incentives.
If there are people who were looking for an excuse to spend a month making a clone then they can fill their boots, I just have a hard time believing many developers would want to get involved in a game jam that imposes such rigid limits

It's still pretty important to feel safe from nintendo's lawyers in this game jam, given what they have done to youtubers before.
Adhering to the criteria, the only thing a dev has left to gain from participating in this is publicity, so if Nintendo insisted on snuffing out your fangame after you've made it then you wouldn't even get that

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20450 on: April 04, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »

Game jam are to explore idea and have a challenge based on constrain

3D  head model placeholder texture

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20451 on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »

i like it
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20452 on: April 05, 2015, 01:43:23 AM »

yay blender

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20453 on: April 05, 2015, 02:02:49 AM »

It's still pretty important to feel safe from nintendo's lawyers in this game jam, given what they have done to youtubers before.
Adhering to the criteria, the only thing a dev has left to gain from participating in this is publicity, so if Nintendo insisted on snuffing out your fangame after you've made it then you wouldn't even get that

has nintendo ever cracked down on fangames tho (that weren't enhanced remakes of existing games)?

i was a member of a zelda fangame forum for several years and i dont recall any copyright complaints at all. i think the situation with youtubers is a little diff bc many of them make money off of their content.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:13:05 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20454 on: April 05, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »

The fact that Zelda Classic continues to be a thing is evidence enough that this jam will be perfectly safe.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20455 on: April 05, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »

I would like to enter a girl Link artwork or 3D model. I ceebs cloning one of the zelda games just to showcase it.

The character is really the only thing the jam organisers care about right?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20456 on: April 05, 2015, 07:23:47 AM »

a game with her

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20457 on: April 05, 2015, 07:37:11 AM »

srsly what is this misspelled sentence i see several different people tweeting over and over again (only that frank guy up until like yesterday where i started seeing others posting it too)

they're not retweets or anything, but written as tho they're original tweets by these people, but several people post them and they post them several times every day

is it sum dum twittr spam virus thing u get from clicking da link or wut

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20458 on: April 05, 2015, 07:39:03 AM »

The fact that Zelda Classic continues to be a thing is evidence enough that this jam will be perfectly safe.

on the other hand, companies are sometimes more trigger happy with fan projects that gain some kind of wider publicity, cf the mario 64 remake demo that just got taken down.

hope the female link jam goes well regardless
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20459 on: April 05, 2015, 07:54:42 AM »

the sm64 one was
1. a direct clone that infringe on their orginal work
2. publicity for another work
The c&d make more sense

It's like the street of rage remake, was going fine until they charge money through donation (also rumor was that they had to make the c&d to protect the license right but waited the game to be finish to pull it out)

Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic