Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:53:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325518 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20700 on: April 24, 2015, 05:34:55 AM »

Do "funny" steam reviews count towards the overall rating?

Somebody on reddit a few days ago said it didn't which confused me since I'm not sure how they'd work out the threshold.

To post a steam review you have to designate it either a thumbs up or thumbs down, the rating (percentage) is just thumbs up reviews divided by total reviews

Garrent
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20701 on: April 24, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »

Yeah I'm talking about the "Funny" button you can click on somebody's review which then says "1 person found this review funny". Since a lot of people write one-line joke reviews I thought that button was supposed to remove these non-reviews from impacting the game's overall rating.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20702 on: April 24, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »

Yeah I'm talking about the "Funny" button you can click on somebody's review which then says "1 person found this review funny". Since a lot of people write one-line joke reviews I thought that button was supposed to remove these non-reviews from impacting the game's overall rating.

Oh, I haven't even seen that button.
Yeah, steam might be using that as a clever trick to filter troll/joke reviews

Conker
« Reply #20703 on: April 24, 2015, 06:46:24 AM »

You sound like a really good parent
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: April 24, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »

Rambling about nintendo

I was wondering where nintendo could go in the future with mario kart without staling the formula ... outside of going smash bros like (pan franchise), dlc told us what ... it will predate all the concept of the other nintendo racing game and fuse them inside it, f zero was killed for good with 200cc and excite bike race is implemented as a track ...

Most nintendo franchise loose their veneer with strong competition from other games that scratch similar hitch, mario kart is one of the few franchise absolutely uncontested. Their IP power is great, their quality is strong, but the appeal fade and they are losing the "must own" quality which left them with only fan to cater to as other default to other options, failing to create competitive new franchise and new uncatered genre. There is no more universal wow factor.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #20705 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:41 AM »

Can you actually run out of concepts/ideas for video games?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20706 on: April 24, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »

Can you actually run out of concepts/ideas for video games?
Haven't most AAA devs?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #20707 on: April 24, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »

Then how the heck does Ludum Dare even fathom to exist?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20708 on: April 24, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »

LD is for pretentious indies. We haven't run out of ideas. Wink

I meant the actual games sold as AAA games, tho, not someone who has a day job at an AAA studio doing LD one weekend, of course.

All these rehashes of IP's, FIFA every year, shooters, shooters, shooters, killing, killing. I'm just repeating what has been said to death.

and no, #notallaaadevs

but most

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20709 on: April 24, 2015, 11:18:15 AM »

Oh, I haven't even seen that button.
Yeah, steam might be using that as a clever trick to filter troll/joke reviews

the funny button is a godsend. i haven't seen any "something that happened in the game 10/10" reviews in ages.
JWK5
« Reply #20710 on: April 24, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »

Heh, interesting you should mention that in the same post as LD, as bullying was the theme of my LD game.

Watched a documentary and looked up some depressing statistics while doing so, and of course I have my own memories of this kind of stuff, so it's always saddening to hear about.
They need more games covering the topic, it is pretty sad thing and often one bully becomes another person's bully and so on, so it creates a vicious circle.

Can't say I'm sure what the best actions would be, but spending some quality time trying to teach him about stuff in this immersive way is an interesting idea. Just make sure your hero isn't Batman who beats the shit out of everyone anyway, because then I think the lesson is going to pass him right by. Wink
Batman is his favorite, and was actually one of the examples used. We discussed that obviously you don't go around brawling with everyone, that is fantasy, in reality you tell the bullies to stop or go get an adult, fighting is a last resort. What my son does recognize, though, is that batman (and other heroes) often have a code of ethics. For example, Batman fights but he doesn't kill (at least in the cartoons and better written comics). So we explored why that is and what would drive batman to protect people and the city.

Just don't get so caught up in it you forget your daughter, I guess.
When I spend time with my son my wife spends time with my daughter and vice versa, so it is all good.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20711 on: April 24, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »

Maybe I should specify: don't use Nolan's Batman as an example (he actually even kills, doesn't he, or am I misremembering the movies?). Wink Heck, Bale himself is scary enough.

Cartoony Batman is probably goofy enough tho.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20712 on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »

WTFFFFF

YouTube suggested this let's play or review or whatever it is and I clicked it:

SCREAMING in this stupid voice. Just like PewDiePie. Who would want to watch that? Why does it have so many views and so few thumbs down? It's probably supposed to be funny but it's not. It's just annoying. What's the point?

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20713 on: April 25, 2015, 12:46:37 AM »

DON'T QUESTIONS LET'S PLAYERS

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YELLING AT STUPID SHIT YOU PURPOSEFULLY DO IN THE GAME IS H I L A R I O U S

I DON'T KNOW WHY THESE GUYS ARE THE MAINSTREAM LET'S PLAYERS

JWK5
« Reply #20714 on: April 25, 2015, 03:00:40 AM »

Much of what is put on Youtube has me deeply worried for the future of humanity...
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #20715 on: April 25, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »

WTFFFFF

YouTube suggested this let's play or review or whatever it is and I clicked it:

SCREAMING in this stupid voice. Just like PewDiePie. Who would want to watch that? Why does it have so many views and so few thumbs down? It's probably supposed to be funny but it's not. It's just annoying. What's the point?

This is indie games in 2015 folks.

Can we go home now?

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20716 on: April 25, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »

I guess it is because little kids have unrestricted access to internet nowadays.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
JWK5
« Reply #20717 on: April 25, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »

I guess it is because little kids teenagers and adults have unrestricted access to internet nowadays.
Fixed.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20718 on: April 25, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »

You shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:09 PM »

DON'T QUESTIONS LET'S PLAYERS

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YELLING AT STUPID SHIT YOU PURPOSEFULLY DO IN THE GAME IS H I L A R I O U S

I DON'T KNOW WHY THESE GUYS ARE THE MAINSTREAM LET'S PLAYERS

my fave let's play is the one where some nerd plays some first person horror game and pretends to be scared and screams into his headset mic all the time. so epicly awesome bacon funny XDDDDDDDDD
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic