Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:42:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311811 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: April 30, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »

Also forgot:

This is quite interesting, it's a report from squareenix's survey of ff15 demo. It is broke down between North america, Europe and Japan. Highlight the difference between all of those markets, also help understand some choice in design in general and the different sensibilities.

nice, bookmarking this for later viewing
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20801 on: April 30, 2015, 04:36:35 PM »

I found some

of Yooka-Laylee...
This disgusts me

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: April 30, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »

also wat heck is up with this character design trainwreck? yooka-laylee?? are u kidding me???
Are you kidding me?

The title is a great joke of a homage to a series that was never serious anyway.

As for the characters, I like them. They have a blocky style similar to Nuts & Bolts which I actually loved despite the game itself being everything except a Banjo & Kazooie game beyond the characters.

I like what I'm seeing in mks's video too.

YES, IT'S PRETTY PLASTIC AND BLOCKY. But I like it. WATCHA GUNNA DO Well, hello there!

see the problem is that the characters completely lack personality. they look like generic 90s animal with a tude plataforma heroes. u know the kind that would be rightfully forgotten today. the game itself (i mean this is early alpha i guess so not gonna be too harsh) also looks meh.

ohhhh wait the characters names are a pun on ukulele. i feel dum now

ps i liked nuts n bolts too Smiley
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:04:59 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: April 30, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »

Yooka-Laylee actually looks pretty neat. I like that they've picked species way outside anything my buddy and I guessed.

I think they'd look better if they had some accessories, like at least one piece of clothing each. Without it they're just ordinary anthropomorphic animals with witty grins. Maybe once they add some voice acting and dialogue there will be some more charm - Banjo and Kazooie's banter with NPCs and each other was a really big part of the game. Hopefully they come up with a new pair of personalities, and don't make Laylee just be a Kazooie clone with a different skin.

What bugs me about the video is the really plain looking forest setting. The most important thing for an N64 era platformer/collectathon is a wide variety of interesting levels. Hopefully there's a lot of really different places to explore once they start building up the game in earnest.

I think I might donate to this kickstarter.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:11:17 AM by SirNiko » Logged
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:42 PM »

Today is my son's 1 year birthday.  It's been the hardest fucking year of my life (see the Need Hugs thread from ~6 months and ~9 months ago), but it's so much better now.  This is a post that should probably be in the Hugs thread, except I don't need hugs.  I just needed to a place to talk about how much better things are now. 
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20805 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »

see the problem is that the characters completely lack personality. they look like generic 90s animal with a tude plataforma heroes. u know the kind that would be rightfully forgotten today. the game itself (i mean this is early alpha i guess so not gonna be too harsh) also looks meh.
There's not much personality in Banjo & Kazooie themselves from a picture either. The personality comes from the game and I think we can trust these people to fill it up to the brim with that. I will remain optimistic.

ohhhh wait the characters names are a pun on ukulele. i feel dum now
pls

ps i liked nuts n bolts too Smiley
I never had it, so I don't know really. The premise is cool to me and I think I'd like it. I just mean that it's not what people wanted for a Banjo & Kazooie game, even tho it's probably a good game in itself.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20806 on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:32 AM »

I actually love the look of this spiritual successor. They certainly didn't fuck it up like Rare Studios did with Conker.

I honestly don't see what you're complaining about. We have no idea what their characters are like yet since we've only seen those demos. I know that it's an easy route to take, but captain you're probably a bit nostalgic.

JWK5
« Reply #20807 on: May 01, 2015, 03:49:32 AM »

After much debating, I have purchased Way of the Samurai 4, going to give it a try... pray for me.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: May 01, 2015, 08:28:59 AM »

I never had it, so I don't know really. The premise is cool to me and I think I'd like it. I just mean that it's not what people wanted for a Banjo & Kazooie game, even tho it's probably a good game in itself.

the game is nice but has 1 fatal design flaw: they made the core part of it (vehicle building) optional and made it possible to easily get through the game with just the pre-built vehicles. as a result most people (including reviewers) didnt even try it, which is a shame because the game is really about strategizing and building the right vehicle for each mission. the game is a big puzzle with a multitude of solutions and a fun sandbox on top of it. you just have to force yourself to ignore the blueprints basically.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: May 01, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival
whatever it's been backed in 38 mn in a 60 days longs kickstart campaign

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #20810 on: May 01, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

I think it looks good. its just weird realizing how valued cartoony platformers have become. like ten years ago, this game would've been lost in the shuffle of rachet and clanks and spyro reboots but now it is the holy grail to 90's kids.

look at what you've done, grimdark sepia tone shooters.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:53 AM »

No talk about hololens? what do you freak think of it? They revealed the "reality" version now, supported by autodesk and unity, limited FOV, more expensive than a console. AS always I should mention reality have very bad level design, that's the main limit of freelooking AR for games, however location based (even with a simple physical board) stuff is great, AR is HUD heaven, it's a visual UI for reality.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20812 on: May 01, 2015, 10:27:06 AM »

i don't care about hololens/oculus rift/whatever because i won't be able to justify the expense for at least ten years thanks to student loans. also i have glasses and can't wear contacts.

JWK5
« Reply #20813 on: May 01, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »

look at what you've done, grimdark sepia tone shooters.
Give it 20 years and grimdark sepia tone shooters will be the holy grail of nostalgia.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: May 01, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »

its bizarre to think about now, but i could totally imagine the original infinity ward team kickstarting a brown military shooter with regen health LIKE IN THE OLDEN DAYS after call of duty is rebooted as a cartoony minecraft roguelike with permadeath.

also downloading 128kbps mp3s from napster will be the next retro fad

otoh we've only just made it to the cassette revival so maybe CDs will be next

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: May 01, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: May 01, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »

btw the reason im hating on yooka-laylee now is so i can be be pleasantly surprised when it comes out. works everytime

hype is dum what you need is ANTI-HYPE
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: May 01, 2015, 02:04:43 PM »

anti-hype cannot exist without hype  Wink

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: May 01, 2015, 02:06:11 PM »

I'm not hyped, just liking it to an extent.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20819 on: May 01, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »

hype  Wink
omg

I have zero nostalgia for blurry janky 1st gen 3D platformers but I can't wait for this game to be out so there's a soundtrack

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic