Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:33:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326765 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20920 on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:27 AM »

I know but you never know how the algorythm can improve, you can have specific cases, they said they are just starting (it work through amplification of visual frequences, lower quality video have lower resolution, but the data is distributed across the entire space, their might be way to filter and amplify, see how they make higher resolution still from lower resolution image). But yeah we kinda use to do it with laser too, but that's specific equipment not random video, and they mention it at some point in the video too!

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20921 on: May 06, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »

The gist is that you can get surface elasticity from a 2d video
You can get many things from a 2D video by heuristically predicting propagation. What you think is all that different is in reality the same principles applied to different aspects you want to extract from a video. If you want to understand it better I recommend you to gain some knowledge about signal processing and statistics.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
pottering
« Reply #20922 on: May 06, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »

The tedtalk dude mentions regular cameras and even his cellphone as devices they already were able to use for that tech (after 13:30).

And it is software, pretty sure it will be in the hands of regular people, so we can spy them too.
Not reassuring for people who care a lot about their privacy, though.

Ironically it may make the people in power want to curb cameras everywhere. 
People filming police already get problems.

obs: googled the guy's webpage, it has his papers and it actually says they are "working to release our videos, results and code".
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20923 on: May 06, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

@jsnake
I know it's the same principle ... although photogrammetry is not about frequency filtering per se(it might use it to infer shape or remove noise but isn't about it).

But the big deal is what @pottering mentioned ("working to release our videos, results and code")
It's about the accessibility that will resulted.

When I was trying to decipher the photogramettry paper, people with more skill where busy making cheap or free solution, so I can just think about use instead of reinventing the wheel. Same with facial recognition of emotion and expression, it's out there so you don't have to learn those eigenvector.

Even though the principle behind it is simple (spatial frequency amplification), the big difference is that they are actually DOING and RELEASING it. Given infinite time you can do anything, I don't have infinite time, I can't afford to chase everything at once.

For example you could learn to be a better artist and make amazing at for trap them, you choose to spend your time making absolute float free physics ... it's a matter of priorities and use.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20924 on: May 06, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »

http://www.globalpost.com/article/6537732/2015/05/04/moldova-protest-stolen-1-billion

Moldova got completely and utterly fucked.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20925 on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:58 AM »

Even though the principle behind it is simple (spatial frequency amplification), the big difference is that they are actually DOING and RELEASING it. Given infinite time you can do anything, I don't have infinite time, I can't afford to chase everything at once.

For example you could learn to be a better artist and make amazing at for trap them, you choose to spend your time making absolute float free physics ... it's a matter of priorities and use.
That's correct. And it is not so simple. By that I mean the basics for it are learned in university, not at school. I too find it pretty cool, I am just not surprised by that. One has only to keep in mind that unless you capture vids at high framerates you won't get much information out of it.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20926 on: May 07, 2015, 05:13:40 AM »

the place where I was born

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: May 07, 2015, 05:20:43 AM »

Everything gonna be fine unless russians show up. And they will.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20928 on: May 07, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »

Everything gonna be fine unless russians show up. And they will.
Don't reply if you have no idea what's really going on.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: May 07, 2015, 05:48:58 AM »

Welp, im in Kyiv, Ukraine. Have you ever heard of Transnistria?
Pfotegeist
« Reply #20930 on: May 07, 2015, 07:28:35 AM »

Bunnies don't learn from being punished, it's a fact, they respond to body language very strongly. Consider prison education, now forget about it because it's the worst in some countries.

The bunny's back is turned, and he looks over his shoulder. That would cause a very specific emotional reaction from other bunnies. I'll accept bunnies don't visit the internet so often.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20931 on: May 07, 2015, 08:41:50 AM »

Welp, im in Kyiv, Ukraine. Have you ever heard of Transnistria?
Ok, tell me what's happening from your perspective.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20932 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »

Ok, tell me what's happening from your perspective.
Same as in Ukraine. Overhelming corruption lead to popular protests which led to the fall of goverment that resulted in destabilisation that allowed for all sorts of takeover activities in russia-sympatetic regions.
Same goverment overthrow  can happen here and Russia gonna do its best to foil attemps of another country to drift to EU. I dont know about populace sympaties, they appear to be pro-eu, but if there is any working oppositional pro-russian party, they will start to stir shit up. They also may start to gather more force in Transnistria, but it is chock-full already considering the ongoing conflict. There wont probably be invasion, but tension going to rise.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20933 on: May 07, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »

Do you think Urkraine deserves to join EU?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20934 on: May 07, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »

Nope. But people want to go there really bad cause Poland being the most succesful post-soviet country.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: May 07, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »

I know you like programming, how about that

Shocked

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: May 07, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »

I am posting this with a controller. Welcome to the future!

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: May 07, 2015, 04:34:59 PM »

Ya'll, I'm leaving Tigs for a while.
Gentleman

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20938 on: May 07, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »