Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:00:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325645 times)
JWK5
« Reply #21460 on: June 01, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »

I'm not even joking but one time I think I accidentally sent a dick pic to the NSA.
The NSA is a dick pic.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21461 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »

I'm not even joking but one time I think I accidentally sent a dick pic to the NSA.
The NSA is a dick pic.

JWK5
« Reply #21462 on: June 01, 2015, 04:21:14 PM »

What really bothers me about that picture is that the character looks like it is on the verge of a breakdown and it is just trying to smile to mask the emotional pain... Sad

Poor DickPic...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21463 on: June 01, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »

if i was a blue trashcan given sentience and weirdly muscular arms through a secret government experiment, i'd be depressed too. Sad

(btw this literally is the real official NSA earth day mascot)
JWK5
« Reply #21464 on: June 01, 2015, 04:53:58 PM »

With a Recycle symbol over his crotch...

Dick pic.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21465 on: June 01, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »

What really bothers me about that picture is that the character looks like it is on the verge of a breakdown and it is just trying to smile to mask the emotional pain... Sad

Poor DickPic...

That actually kind of made me sad Sad

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21466 on: June 01, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

You didn't have to send it ... it's the nsa, they already have it

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21467 on: June 01, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055078

The Nikkei put up an editorial earlier today about Nintendo's partnership with DeNA. It's a pretty long article (and you need an account to read most of it, so unless you sign up that link is kinda useless), but most of it is about historical connections and basically an overview on the relationship.

The interesting part is that the article starts by discussing Nintendo's next platform - the one Iwata codenamed NX. They have an insider source who claims that the OS for the platform will be Android based, and that it is a paradigm shift for Nintendo business-wise. The source goes on to say that when third parties abandoned Nintendo's WiiU one by one, it caused turning point in the company. So while they have had a philosophy of developing their own software and hardware concepts internally for all these years, they are now prepared to embrace a more open platform with Android, to allow developers more flexibility in making content that can also be on smartphones and tablets.

---

Edit: Please do not assume that the NX is an Ouya or a Smartphone. None of those things are implied. This is merely about the software architecture of the operating system.

That was already the case with them embracing UNITY3D both externally and internally, in fact some render of their game do look like some unity stuff (zelda wiiu's cell shader is a copy down to default of unity chan's shader https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18705 )...

Also relevant
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16503

Operating system-oriented website OSNews reports about an open-source operating system from Nintendo, titled ES. The website for the OS reveals that it was made public on August 30, 2006, though it only hit version 0.1 on October 11 of this year.

According to OSNews, the first English-language site to pick up on the system, ES "runs natively on x86 (and qemu of course), kernel is written in C++, uses an ECMAScript interpreter for all of the userland, uses Cairo for graphics, and even has a port of [programming language] Squeak."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:50:38 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #21468 on: June 01, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

Can I just say, all of the rampant transphobia over Caitlyn Jenner's transformation is really unpsetting but terribly unsurprising
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21469 on: June 02, 2015, 01:15:17 AM »

Yeah it's pretty sad that i'm not even surprised by it but the more important thing is that she can be herself and I think it's great that someone who is in the public eye a bit can come out as trans, definitely helping open people's eyes.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21470 on: June 02, 2015, 03:11:56 AM »

Welp. I'd only seen a few positive things about it when it was fresh news. I did notice in the Twitter sidebar (or was it the footer?) today that her name is trending, tho, so I guess there's something going on right now?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21471 on: June 02, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

zelda wiiu
cell shader

Are you talking about WWHD or something else? I wouldn't call WW Zelda Wii U in that case, I'd call whatever new stationary Zelda game that, so are you talking about some other game? I'm not keeping up with Wii U at all since I don't have one and I haven't had enough interest to watch E3 or Nintendo Direct for years.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21472 on: June 02, 2015, 07:03:35 AM »

zelda wiiu
cell shader

Are you talking about WWHD or something else? I wouldn't call WW Zelda Wii U in that case, I'd call whatever new stationary Zelda game that, so are you talking about some other game? I'm not keeping up with Wii U at all since I don't have one and I haven't had enough interest to watch E3 or Nintendo Direct for years.

trailer:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21473 on: June 02, 2015, 07:09:02 AM »

u think zelda is being developed in unity?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21474 on: June 02, 2015, 07:17:56 AM »

I don't think, I think prototype where done with unity to reduce iteration cycle and team size. They might stole one concept of two from stuff there. But they publicized they use unity so why not? I don't know nor, for once the truth might lay in a middle.

Yeah, how to describe it...? We actually try to think of it in two ways, two parts. One is that we're pretty proud of working with Nintendo in this way and working closely with them. And the first part is that Nintendo will take Unity to formidable lengths and entrench and empress it for developers, for their internal first party, and second party and third party. And make sure that anyone within that ecosystem can benefit from Unity and get their hands on it and support for it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Interview-Why-Unity-Engine-Good-Fit-Wii-U-47173.html

It's also likely than nintendo have a license to heavily customized the engine when they see fit, it's possible they end up adapting the engine specifically to each game need on a case by case basis after a while.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #21475 on: June 02, 2015, 07:26:39 AM »

its mainly interesting because nintendo (to my knowledge) never used middleware engines before. to be clear i wasn't really doubting you. it's gonna be interesting what happens when unity enters the AAA sphere (as it probably will).
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21476 on: June 02, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »

If it goes there it will be through rising middle dev that start on it, because starting middle dev goes to unreal (for the easy shine). Unity has issue especially for frame perfect control heavy game (and garbage collection). But anything that don't need 33ms of reaction or lower is go (might be able to go around that with C++ plug in though.

I wasn't thinking you were doubting me, just that I nerdily emphasize data Who, Me?

Nintendo make interesting move, they appear conservative and stubborn on the outside but always move to bold new stuff in a whim, so I don't know where people get the conservative idea (except to mean: nintendo Y no U don't do what I want?)

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21477 on: June 02, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »

Nintendo tends to focus on quality most of the time I find, which is why they might seem more conservative. In reality they just avoid technology that could easily backfire or cause issues.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21478 on: June 02, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »

No voice chat: who want trolls and slurs?
no internet multiplayer: damn crappy lag in my sub 33ms controls
no OS: ram hog
no middleware: slave to someone's spec
Cart: no fucking loading u mad?
no power: it's about the game dummy
no beefy GPU: mario kart is prettier BTW and so is mario galaxy on fucking wii

/nintendo talks to U, please understand

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21479 on: June 02, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »

Is it just me or does the ace commander from MH4 look like the witcher?

Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic