Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:20:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326476 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #22380 on: August 04, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »

that's the point, it's nothing like okami, no more artsy Sad

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22381 on: August 04, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »

okami is on sale for under $5 on NA psn right now and if you have the means to buy and play it y'all should

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: August 04, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

Chanterelle is usually considered mid tier but that's solely because of their relative abundance

Hah, Wikipedia, the canonical source for all information proves you wrong!

The golden chanterelle is perhaps the most sought-after and flavorful chanterelle, and many chefs consider it on the same short list of gourmet fungi as truffles and morels. It therefore tends to command a high price in both restaurants and specialty stores.

Also, is it really that easy to find large volumes of chanterelles compared to king bolete? I'm not an experienced mushroom hunter but I've kept my eyes open for golden chanterelles since I was a kid. This is the first time I've ever seen such quantities of golden chanterelle, we probably found 5 times more in a day than I've ever picked.

i still cant get over the fact that what i call "egg mushrooms" are called "chantrelle" in english. it just sounds so WRONG

Egg? Why egg? How does that make any sense?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:19:58 AM by Dacke » Logged

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22383 on: August 04, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »

Egg? Why egg? How does that make any sense?

yellow color like an egg yolk i s'pose

also this is the austrian term, germans call them "pfifferlinge" which u cant really translate
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22384 on: August 04, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »

ask google Shocked
I mean not a site, just define "chanterelle" and he gives you etymology and usage across age down with pronunciation Shocked
Also give you nutritional facts ...

chan·te·relle
ˌSHantəˈrel,ˌSHän-/Valider
noun
noun: chanterelle; plural noun: chanterelles
an edible woodland mushroom with a yellow funnel-shaped cap and a faint smell of apricots, found in both Eurasia and North America.
Origin
late 18th century: from French, from modern Latin cantharellus, diminutive of cantharus, from Greek kantharos, denoting a kind of drinking container.

Nutrition Facts
Chanterelle mushroom
Amount Per 1 cup (54 g)
Calories 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g   0%
Sodium 5 mg   0%
Potassium 273 mg   7%
Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g   1%
Dietary fiber 2.1 g   8%
Sugar 0.6 g   
Protein 0.8 g   1%
Calcium   0%   Iron   10%
Vitamin D   28%   Vitamin B-6   0%
Magnesium   1%      

How did I miss that upgrade Shocked

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22385 on: August 04, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »

does not work for the german word "pfifferlinge" Lips Sealed way to drop the balls google

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22386 on: August 04, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »

Can someone tries to use the word "define + keywrod" in german?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22387 on: August 04, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

don't work in french apparently HEGEMONY Huh? Hand Shake Right

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22388 on: August 04, 2015, 04:40:54 PM »

pfifferlinge is plural. the singular is pfifferling without the e.

google says the word pfifferling comes from pfeffer (german for pepper) because of their apparently slightly pepper like test (never noticed that lol).

so i guess the real translation would be "pepperling". wat a heck
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22389 on: August 04, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »

Man, what a turn-off. I don't like Scalebound's character one bit Sad

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22390 on: August 04, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »

xbro console confirmed

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22391 on: August 04, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »

serious question: why are protagonists in these "character action" games or watever theyre called almost always douchebags? they seem to run the gamut from "slightly unlikeable" (bayonetta, dante) to "basically a villain" (kratos).
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22392 on: August 04, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

Why else would they be murdering everything that moves?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #22393 on: August 04, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »

your parents know when you started masturbating and probably told their friends about it

how do you cope with that

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22394 on: August 04, 2015, 11:24:36 PM »

your parents know when you started masturbating and probably told their friends about it

how do you cope with that

i don't care...?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:36:02 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22395 on: August 04, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »

would you care about being likable after you murdered twenty people for money reward?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #22396 on: August 04, 2015, 11:37:27 PM »

serious question: why are protagonists in these "character action" games or watever theyre called almost always douchebags? they seem to run the gamut from "slightly unlikeable" (bayonetta, dante) to "basically a villain" (kratos).
As Dacke said, it's hard to justify the extreme amount of violence such a game requires without putting the player in the shoes of a villain or at the very least an anti-hero. If Booker DeWitt was a nicer person he would have never gone to the brutal lengths he did to save Elizabeth and destroy the racist haven of Columbia. His background as a Pinkerton agent is there to make his questionable behavior more believable.

Of course, there has been a recent surge of video games that allow you to choose to be a pacifist if you want: Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution are examples of this. But not every game needs to have a "pacifist mode" and not every developer has the resources to create such an option.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22397 on: August 04, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »

hmmm idk if i really buy that. there are other games that involve lots of "killing" (mario, zelda and final fantasy for instance) that don't necessarily feature douchey protagonists. ofc the way the killing is framed in these other games probably does require some sort of "anti hero" character.

i guess for "character action"/hack n slash/watever games it's more due to devil may cry's influence. douchebag protagonist just became part of the formula.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22398 on: August 04, 2015, 11:53:13 PM »

Of course, there has been a recent surge of video games that allow you to choose to be a pacifist if you want: Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored pacifism is questionable considering that {SPOILERS] non-violent mode includes kidnaping and condemning people to lifetime of slavery, in one instance you need to bring an unconcious female target to a stalker who would possibly take her away into his sex dungeon.
hmmm idk if i really buy that. there are other games that involve lots of "killing" (mario, zelda and final fantasy for instance) that don't necessarily feature douchey protagonists. ofc the way the killing is framed in these other games probably does require some sort of "anti hero" character.
glamourisation of killing is touchy subject. I mean wise gods of Hyrule wont let Link pass the dungeon without killing some Lizalfos who are clearly sapient beings.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #22399 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »

Dishonored pacifism is questionable considering that {SPOILERS] non-violent mode includes kidnaping and condemning people to lifetime of slavery, in one instance you need to bring an unconcious female target to a stalker who would possibly take her away into his sex dungeon.
That is true, and I find it a pretty interesting implementation because it's one of the few games where the pacifist solution is arguably worse than killing the target.

Still, that logic only extends to the primary target of the missions. For the rest of the game when you are exploring the levels and progressing towards your target, pacifism is nearly always shown to be more ethical than cutting a path through your opponents.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic