Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:17:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327121 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23920 on: November 25, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »

treat yourself to some "type 2 diabetes"

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23921 on: November 26, 2015, 12:07:28 AM »

it's never late to try out nutella

altho oreos and nutella sounds a pretty gross combination

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23922 on: November 26, 2015, 01:04:39 AM »

it's never late to try out nutella

altho oreos and nutella sounds a pretty gross combination

Yeah, please don't mix those two things
I feel like I was almost raised on a nutella diet, had a nutella sandwich for lunch almost every day, since becoming an adult I'm not sure I've had any though, which is strange because I still believe the stuff tastes great, I just dont want to let myself eat that much sugar.
Food becomes pretty boring when you want to stop eating sugar, it's in pretty much everything I enjoyed eating the most

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23923 on: November 26, 2015, 01:27:46 AM »

I've actually found that it doesn't take my body that long to adapt to different dietary styles. If I eat less or more of sugar/salt/fat/cacao for a while, my preferences change accordingly. At the moment even most cereal tastes disgustingly sweet to me and I can't stand anything but the darkest chocolate.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23924 on: November 26, 2015, 02:11:45 AM »

yeah i don't like sugar that much anymore either. when i look back at some of the candy i ate as a kid i can't believe how i ever thought it tasted good haha

my parents are former hippies who didnt buy nutella because "too unhealthy". not that we didnt have lots of other unhealthy candy around the house lol

i will probably buy a glass of nutella to try it at some point. i don't expect to actually like it tho, it sounds gross from every description ive heard.
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #23925 on: November 26, 2015, 04:02:20 AM »

@Ottereisen: ever had one of those?

Nutella is that creamy stuff inside it...

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23926 on: November 26, 2015, 04:13:52 AM »

really, it's the exact same? then yeah, i've had it lol.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:36:42 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23927 on: November 26, 2015, 05:34:58 AM »

I honestly think chocolate spread on bread is gross, especially compared to hagelslag.
Oreos are vastly superior to nutella for that reason.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23928 on: November 26, 2015, 05:37:56 AM »

bread + cheap chocolate bar + butter --> microwave 10~20 sec ---> happiness
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23929 on: November 26, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »

obesity still on the rise in the developed world: a great mystery

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #23930 on: November 26, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »

poor version from my granma = chocolate powder + butter on bread
I still do it

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23931 on: November 26, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »

Well this is way better that it looks, just like that sonic game with the camera mechanics. I'm not sure people can tell why I say that, but it's worth a watch.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23932 on: November 27, 2015, 04:21:57 AM »

Well this is way better that it looks, just like that sonic game with the camera mechanics. I'm not sure people can tell why I say that, but it's worth a watch.

It seems like the sparkle trail leads you to all the interactive bits. When you play the actual game, are there more things to see than just the mandatory plot advancing bits?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23933 on: November 27, 2015, 07:32:37 AM »

so is the steam controller worth the hype or should i wait until the next iteration of the hardware to get one?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23934 on: November 27, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »

Base on report, it's worth the hype:
- if you learn to git gud with it because the feel is different
- not a replacement for hardcore level of KbM, fine for casual fun
- don't mind rebinding everytime because no game was design with it in mind, although the option are very broad and flexible.

Also some game don't allow you to mix Kbm and joy input because they were design for exclusively one or the other, that threw up control (they can constantly permute) no analog with KbM input for you.

It has a gyro, so splatoon style aim correction is possible. I don't know if you can bind for "push button to gyro" or bind sector of touchpad though (should be possible, I think you can emulate button on touch)

My conclusion is that, they need more tactile feedback on the Rtouchpad to detect center (small bump for example as in the kind of indication we have on phone to indicate the 5 key to blind), this can be done software though through haptic feedback, but game have to be made for it.
- most improvement can be fix by soft anyway. It's not a hw problem.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23935 on: November 27, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

-not a replacement for hardcore level of KbM, fine for casual fun

yeh thats what im looking for. i don't play any competitive fps, rts or mobas anyway. mainly interested in it because im a laptop user and it sucks that i have to sit down at a desk to play some of the games i own. so im looking for something that will increase the mobility of my laptop setup.

my main concern is if it's better as a controller than the dualshock 4 for controller-centric games because i don't want to have to use 2 separate controllers with my laptop.

edit: lol i just found out it won't come to europe until early 2016. plenty of time to decide until then haha.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23936 on: November 27, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »

It seems like the sparkle trail leads you to all the interactive bits. When you play the actual game, are there more things to see than just the mandatory plot advancing bits?
It's a walking sims, you would have to see the whole thing to understand my point. Even then I'm not sure lol.

- I think this is one the first game (with gynophobia) I see, which are made by people completely absorbing the rules of pure narrative of game instead of "thinking" about how to do it (like dear ester, gone home, etc ...).

It's entirely made of asset flip from the unity asset store and there is little technical expertise in the execution, so I assume the author is a total beginner with little experience.

The narration is actually complex and use many different technique, maybe influence by some movie (some people drop Donnie Darko, I haven't seen it but the plot don't seem to match). There is a clear leading to the end. The beginning is confusing but the structure get better and more clear toward the end.

The interaction are not well design and are simplistic, they could do better but there purpose works well in what they tried to achieve past those flaws, it would be easy to fix.

You see when you are a craftman and you learn to use a hammer, everything is a nail. Sometimes you need a reset to consider how to use the hammer, it all started with passage, then there was FEZ, the path, dear ester, amnesia, stanley parable, vanishing of ethan carter and gone home. Mostly made by veteran who still thinks about nails with hammer.

This game was made by someone who take narration in game as granted, not as something on top of gameplay. It does have problem, interaction are simplistic, direction could be better, but it does use anticipation in a great way. It start sloppy but the structure and execution become more coherent.

The big win is how he use structurally the emotion of the character as truly first person, you are not you, it use a subjective first person instead of the typical objective one. Emotion is also a gating and scene flows by following not a chronological order but the escalation of emotion.

Which lead to another innovation, the constant use of vignette as scene to control the progression instead of the typical continuous map as in the hammer and nail design of veteran. It's not obvious key and locks (although he do use locks and key) but setup and conclusion, which can be nested, it's already more sophisticated than any of the veteran's works.

You can call it shit, I call it fertilizer, this and gynophobia are games that told me something is happening. And just like we use to look down on fan game until they gave us great games (freedom planet, undertale) this will lead to a new generation of designer who are just native of expressive game instead of trying to figure it out like I do and many veteran struggle.

@silber
It's an all purpose pad, that would only be top if the touch have screen. It allow you to play KbM game, but not hi level Dota/RTS/FPS. Also only for steam. Couch Europa universalis or Crusader king seems to be fine though.
However if it's just for gamepad centric game, a gamepad will be better because design with it in mind and you are already trained to it, so it's fine to baby duck on this one.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23937 on: November 27, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »

You can call it shit, I call it fertilizer
this is probably my favorite quote you ever made now

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23938 on: November 27, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »

There is a lot of flak about "steam shit" which are mostly bunch of kids experimenting with the medium in their own way, and I do see them growing up in unexpectedly way. They have my attention. They use naive story and execution and that's normal.

Fun facts:
I think this game is the closest to a legitimate citizen kane as in using the medium specificity to tell a story. Quality isn't there though lol.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23939 on: November 27, 2015, 02:57:41 PM »

@silber
It's an all purpose pad, that would only be top if the touch have screen. It allow you to play KbM game, but not hi level Dota/RTS/FPS. Also only for steam. Couch Europa universalis or Crusader king seems to be fine though.
However if it's just for gamepad centric game, a gamepad will be better because design with it in mind and you are already trained to it, so it's fine to baby duck on this one.

it wouldn't be just for controller centric games obviously but i would want to use for those games in addition to kb/m centric ones. you can basically read my question as "can i play dark souls with this thing" lol. also i already use the ds4 with my pc (thanks to xbox 360 controller emulation).

also ck2 and eu4 aren't the problem, those are pausable games so they're easy to play with a laptop touchpad
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic