Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1065803 Posts in 43489 Topics- by 35508 Members - Latest Member: M-e-f

November 23, 2014, 06:32:41 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 971
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 1411980 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #13900 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:59 AM »

Making fun of girls is wrong,

Period.

Hand Metal Left Corny Laugh Hand Metal Right

not every girl is a helpless flower waiting to be saved
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13901 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:33 AM »

Yeah, some are lesbian.

Do I need a signature?
Friend
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13902 on: January 06, 2013, 04:05:13 AM »

Lips Sealed

The cake is a pie!!!
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:58 AM »

so many people to ban. scumbags just crawling out of the woodwork around here

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13904 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:11 AM »

I'm sorry. That was in bad taste.

Do I need a signature?
C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13905 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:45 AM »

and there i was thinking the 26 page sexism thread we had a while back would help reduce bs like the the last couple pages of this thread.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13906 on: January 06, 2013, 07:08:15 AM »

I don't know where Trystin ever implied that girls are helpless...

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
The most recent game I made was: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634128
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: January 06, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »

Absolutely nothing is at stake here, I want to talk about dumb culture stuff instead.

Duck Dynasty is a pretty good show.

---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: January 06, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »

my parents like that show a lot. i think it's ok
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: January 06, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »

Looking at the last few pages I realized that it's nice to see people acting in ways that would make sigvatr seem mature
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13910 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »

Making fun of girls is wrong,

Period.

Hand Metal Left Corny Laugh Hand Metal Right

not every girl is a helpless flower waiting to be saved

I know. I shouldn't of engaged in retarded conversation. I like to argue. All apologies.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13911 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »

and there i was thinking the 26 page sexism thread we had a while back would help reduce bs like the the last couple pages of this thread.
Is it still around? Wink

The cake is a pie!!!
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: January 06, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »

beetles > feminism thread

http://i.imgur.com/GZ1F4.jpg
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile Email
« Reply #13913 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »

Absolutely nothing is at stake here, I want to talk about dumb culture stuff instead.

Duck Dynasty is a pretty good show.
Seriously? I can't stand that show. I hate all of those type of shows too. I would group it in the same category as keeping up with the kardashians.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13914 on: January 06, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING! Did you take this picture? Awesome creatures, dem bugs.

The cake is a pie!!!
:)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13915 on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »

MUSINGS

I've always thought that most of the bans I've witnessed were completely unnecessary.
But that's only before I realize that a tigs account isn't that big a deal. Life goes on. It's really nothing more than a slap on the hand depending on your perspective.
I mean... I get it, allowing free speech and all that is nice, but there's no need for words that would hurt anyone's feelings. I understand the need to protect the safety of the many or whatever you'd call it.
which is why it bugs me that some mods are jerkholes to people. why are banable people banning people? Why are they actually banning? If it's to protect someone from being hurt, then why are they arseholes? Is it simply the joy of using ones elected power?

I can't really judge sexists. I've thought incorrectly about a ton of subjects.
I think it's really a matter of lack of personal experience and trying protecting our comfort. If someone's not comfortable with the notion of girls being deeper than pieces of meat (because that means it would require more than a sex drive to have a good relationship or something), that's fine. I know the truth. I'll give em time to experience the reality of their ignorance. Eventually life smacks us all right in the denial.

I'm in a pretty zen state right now because I can smell coconut shrimp baking in the oven.

wat a hell

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: January 06, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

yeah i don't think anyone has been permanently banned for being a scumbag. most of the people who've been permabanned were super disruptive and spread their shit everywhere. (eg antymatter, and uh... idk. antymatter.) the only thing that comes close is people leaving over being offended after being called on their shit, eg jwk5

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13917 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »

I have run two separate forums over the years (both of them no longer exist). I think that just having the possibility of banning brought up does as much to stop people from being douche bags as actually making an example of somebody and banning them does. Because like you said, what does banning actually do? People will either make an alt account or just move on with their lives.

Also, how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
The most recent game I made was: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634128
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13918 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »

how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

Come up with a cool idea, then just DO IT.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13919 on: January 06, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »

how do you guys get inspiration for a project? I want to do something bigger than a prototype or a game jam but I have trouble deciding what I am going to commit a few months of my time to Sad

Come up with a cool idea, then just DO IT.

Couldn't have said it better. You just have to do it.

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 971
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic