Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1121670 Posts in 46903 Topics- by 38372 Members - Latest Member: UBDev

May 25, 2015, 05:21:32 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1068
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 1588498 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13980 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:35 pm »

I'm not sure if this is served outside Denmark, but anyone who knows what it is will be my brother from another mother.
Shocked That looks great.

Anyone ever had this? My Oma always used to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tompouce

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
Andy Wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13981 on: January 08, 2013, 09:30:34 pm »

cooldude, my family has rice pudding with raspberries every christmas and we are in the US, but we have Danish ancestors. We put chopped almonds in the pudding and one whole almond, and the person who gets the bowl with the whole almond wins the marzipan pigs. it's a fun tradition.

Dr. Cooldude
Level 10

lelebæcülo

View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »

cooldude, my family has rice pudding with raspberries every christmas and we are in the US, but we have Danish ancestors. We put chopped almonds in the pudding and one whole almond, and the person who gets the bowl with the whole almond wins the marzipan pigs. it's a fun tradition.
Haha, nice! Yeah, lovely tradition Smiley

Shocked That looks great.

It's called Risalamande, and it's delicious!

Anyone ever had this? My Oma always used to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tompouce

Oh wow, looks delicious Smiley
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13983 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »

I have had rice pudding before, but never like that. I need to look up a recipe

Dr. Cooldude
Level 10

lelebæcülo

View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:29 pm »

I have had rice pudding before, but never like that. I need to look up a recipe
Rice pudding is actually pretty good, especially with a bit of butter and cinnamon.
Fifth
Level 10

yoster_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13985 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »

My family does the same thing for Christmas, right down the the marzipan pig.  In my case it comes from Norwegian ancestry.  I've always known the dish as grøt.

But yes, it's rice porridge/pudding.  It can be served as a meal, or further sweetened as a dessert.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13986 on: January 08, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »

My ancestors are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch of really fucked up stories about the Nazi occupation (my Oma and her family were in the resistance, and both my Oma and Opa lived through the Hongerwinter). I wouldn't trade it for the world  Smiley

@Dr. Cooldude: I think I need to try rice pudding like that. Also, if you ever have a chance to try tompouce take it, it is absolutely delicious.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:40:53 am by s_l_m » Logged

Dr. Cooldude
Level 10

lelebæcülo

View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »

@Dr. Cooldude: I think I need to try rice pudding like that. Also, if you ever have a chance to try tompouce take it, it is absolutely delicious.
I might find a danish recipe and then translate it here, but that'll be later, because I have to go right in a moment.
And I definitely need to try tompouce Smiley
Dr. Cooldude
Level 10

lelebæcülo

View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: January 09, 2013, 12:16:30 am »

Original recipe by Arla Foods.
This translation is not perfect, but it would most likely not fuck anything up.

Risalamande

Ingredients:
3 decilitre (dl) water
180 g white rice (approx. 2.5 dl)
1 litre milk

100 g blanched almonds
2 vanilla beans (with seeds)
4 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 litre cream 35% (the one that's best for whipping, dunno what it's called in English)

Cherries jubilee

Bring water and rice in boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
Cook the rice in medium heat while stirring in about 2 minutes.
Insert the milk and cool the rice pudding in low heat, while still stirring, In about 10 minutes.
Put on the lid and cook in about half an hour - stir occasionally.
Put the rice pudding, covered, in the fridge until it's cold (for best quality: until next day).

Take an almond off, and chop the rest. Stir the rice pudding, vanilla seeds, sugar and the chopped almonds together.
Whip the cream to a soft foam and put it carefully into the rice pudding with the single whole almond.

youer rready!!§

Don't forget to top it with cherries jubilee!

*I'm not responsible for any damages caused by this recipe or angry llama mobs
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:10:57 am by Dr. Cooldude » Logged
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13989 on: January 09, 2013, 02:30:47 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mzN6tvAZs

There's no way this hasn't been posted, but just in case.
Blink

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13990 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:19 am »

I sure wouldn't want to be crammed in a small capsule deep below the waves next to that thing!

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #13991 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:07 am »

...are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch...
best give your grandparents a nice bloembollen-meal then.
better not perhaps.

But in the netherlands there isn't any tradition (apart from the memorial on the 5th of may) that goes with WWII.
well that and grandparent's reminiscing.

My grandmother was over a few days ago and I gave her a (very)strong  belgian beer, after a few moments she was talking (without her teeth) about mortar grenade whizzinz and how they managed to survive nicely by doing the washing for the germans whilst hiding people under the house.   

I personally don't really believe all the old people that say they were in the 'resistance', As far as I know the cooperation with the oppressor went very smooth, a very big percentage went the 'wrong' side very quickly. Deporting of jews was very easy and organized. And after the war many of them went to canada/us/australia/argentina. And nowadays everybody (that still lives) was in the resistance.  Well, hello there!

not saying that's the case with your grandparents offcourse.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13992 on: January 09, 2013, 04:17:27 am »

...are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch...
best give your grandparents a nice bloembollen-meal then.
better not perhaps.

But in the netherlands there isn't any tradition (apart from the memorial on the 5th of may) that goes with WWII.
well that and grandparent's reminiscing.

My grandmother was over a few days ago and I gave her a (very)strong  belgian beer, after a few moments she was talking (without her teeth) about mortar grenade whizzinz and how they managed to survive nicely by doing the washing for the germans whilst hiding people under the house.  

I personally don't really believe all the old people that say they were in the 'resistance', As far as I know the cooperation with the oppressor went very smooth, a very big percentage went the 'wrong' side very quickly. Deporting of jews was very easy and organized. And after the war many of them went to canada/us/australia/argentina. And nowadays everybody (that still lives) was in the resistance.  Well, hello there!

not saying that's the case with your grandparents offcourse.

By "traditions" I guess I mostly mean stories I guess, maybe I worded it badly  Smiley, Unless extreme food hoarding is a tradition, cause they do that too.
That is a very interesting story about your grandma too.
As for the resistance thing. The only reason I am inclined to believe them is because there stories are so specific and only about a few people (My Opa and all of his family, for example, was not in the resistance, and my Oma really only helped in transporting messages because her Dad was more active in it). It is possible they are lying I guess, but at this point it would be more than a small white lie, so on some level I have to believe her. That, and the fact that they tend to be pretty honest about things, like they don't give me the "we didn't know what was happening" crap you hear so often in relation to the Jews
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:25:26 am by s_l_m » Logged

nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #13993 on: January 09, 2013, 05:53:49 am »

yeah, but I really idn't mean to imply they were lying, I don't know you nor your grandparents.

It merely is funny to me that almost everybody nowadays was in resistance where in reality this was like 5%, offcourse many more poeple weren't fond of the germans and where  a littl naughty now and then, but the big majority just went on and tried to live as normal as possible.

And what I also didn't mean to imply was that 'everybody' who left was a nazi, there was just a better life/more means outside of europe after the war.

but anyway, I am happy for you that you still have your grandparents telling you tales of long gone.

and again: I didn't mean to imply your garndparents where lying.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #13994 on: January 09, 2013, 06:04:43 am »

yeah, but I really idn't mean to imply they were lying, I don't know you nor your grandparents.

It merely is funny to me that almost everybody nowadays was in resistance where in reality this was like 5%, offcourse many more poeple weren't fond of the germans and where  a littl naughty now and then, but the big majority just went on and tried to live as normal as possible.

And what I also didn't mean to imply was that 'everybody' who left was a nazi, there was just a better life/more means outside of europe after the war.

but anyway, I am happy for you that you still have your grandparents telling you tales of long gone.

and again: I didn't mean to imply your garndparents where lying.

It's fine, I know you weren't implying that Smiley
Also, it's definitely true that many if not most people who left were just looking for a better life. Leaving the over populated Hague and coming to The almost problematically underpopulated Saskatchewan (a pretty shitty place culturally, but we have room to breath) constitutes an improvement in my books. Not to disrespect, and I am proud of my heritage, but I am really glad they left

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13995 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:09 am »

Blink

it's blocked  Sad
mysteriosum
Level 1

I just lost the game ;(

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13996 on: January 09, 2013, 01:13:43 pm »

Hello everything!

I've written a blog post on Fabulam's devlog (Fabulog Devlam). This be the link:
http://fabulamgames.tumblr.com/post/40104692704/asteroids-has-been-abandoned

It's about Asteroids and Star Control 2, and why we don't use that style controls anymore, most of the time.

Check it out if you like  Kiss

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: January 09, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

Blink

it's blocked  Sad

It is (was) the Giant Squid video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/giant-squid-captured-video-ocean-depths-18167772
Evan McClane
Level 10

sleepy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13998 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qTHbOEiDY

lol

feminazi
« Reply #13999 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w

Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1068
Print