Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1066741 Posts in 43543 Topics- by 35593 Members - Latest Member: Seencent

November 26, 2014, 07:03:22 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 972
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 1414329 times)
feminazi
« Reply #14320 on: February 17, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

you werent harsh but u are piling on him after the fact. da dums hav settled. return to ur trucks
feminazi
« Reply #14321 on: February 17, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »

im radically trying to raise my post count... honestly
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: February 17, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »

i know how you feel
C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: February 17, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »

anyway radical honesty has its faults. like for exampel everyone being too dum to speak
the main fault is that it leads to people only talking about themselves and their feelings and not anything else that might be important. this whole clusterfuck just now is the perfect example. notice the ratio of posts about the amazon scandal vs posts about peanutbuttershoes.

i try to stay fairly civil in discussions i care about because im interested in actually talking about the topic at hand rather than telling ppl what i think of them.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: February 17, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »

That's a fair point, I suppose. It does seem like controversies around here tend to devolve into singular persons (i.e. Phil Fish representing the IGF's foibles).

Also,

You'll never match my 36 posts a day, madam. Sad, but true.
:)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14325 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »

i wasa dum

wat a hell

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14326 on: February 17, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »

were all dums.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14327 on: February 17, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »

Destiny. "It's like Journey with guns"

Good. That's... good.  No No NO It's no big surprise, it's the artsy retro platformer of AAA. Can't wait for change to come around, and fast.
Manuel Magalh„es
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14328 on: February 18, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »

Doom HD. http://gizmodo.com/5984947/crazy-guy-remasters-320x240-doom-screenshot-into-a-9600x7211+pixel-photoshop-image

ஒழுக்கின்மை
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

RinkuHero
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14329 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »

anyway radical honesty has its faults. like for exampel everyone being too dum to speak
the main fault is that it leads to people only talking about themselves and their feelings and not anything else that might be important. this whole clusterfuck just now is the perfect example. notice the ratio of posts about the amazon scandal vs posts about peanutbuttershoes.

i try to stay fairly civil in discussions i care about because im interested in actually talking about the topic at hand rather than telling ppl what i think of them.

i don't think that being dishonest is civil; i think it's more polite and kind to a person to tell them what you don't like about them (or their games or posts or ideas or whatever) than to pretend to agree or to hide your criticisms

also, i think radical honesty itself is insurance against everyone talking about themselves, because honest people would also be honest with egoists who talk only about themselves, saying 'stop talking about yourself and keep on the subject', or 'shut up you narcissist' for instance

i'm not sure that talking about people rather than abstract ideas is all that bad, though. it leads to more alienation and less intimacy if all your conversations revolve around disconnected or abstract issues distant from you. personal verbal altercations, though they may be temporarily unpleasant, lead to longer-lasting friendships and greater knowledge of and interconnections between friends. if nobody ever fought there would also be no sense of community (since a community is just a network of people, some of which like each other more than others), or at least only an artificial cult-like sense of community where everyone tries to fit in and is afraid of stating what they think so as to offend each other
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:11:59 AM by Paul Eres » Logged

Ant
« Reply #14330 on: February 18, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »

Destiny. "It's like Journey with guns"

lol wut who said this? Guns are the complete antithesis of Journey, it's like saying "It's like Super Hexagon with a compelling story".

I don't really get all the hype with Destiny either...
feminazi
« Reply #14331 on: February 18, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »

press is saying its like journey because of the streaming multiplayer thing
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14332 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »

Extreme nerd mode engage: Doom was originally 320x200.

Still pretty cool, though.

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #14333 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

updated blog for first time in forever. anyone looking for some additional speed in their game might find it interesting.

http://zalzane.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-wonderful-world-of-opencl.html
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: February 18, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »

It was designed as were many games of that resolution to be displayed stretched on a monitor of 4:3 hence working with a 320x240 screenshot is more accurate to the art as originally intended
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #14335 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

Just something that has been bothering me, I have tried to google it but all I find is a bunch of internet arguments that don't actually solve anything.

Anyway, I was wondering if, as currently resolutions are slowly moving past the limit of what humans can perceive at reasonable distances from the screen. If anti aliasing will someday become obsolete. It makes sense to me but I am kind of dumb  Cheesy

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
The most recent game I made was: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634128
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: February 18, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »

a lot of advertising stuff said that about 1080p, iirc

that's what the "retina" displays are supposed to be, too (even though it's an apple thing, you can sorta group other displays under that category, since it has set technical specifications)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Schoq
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14337 on: February 18, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

Just something that has been bothering me, I have tried to google it but all I find is a bunch of internet arguments that don't actually solve anything.

Anyway, I was wondering if, as currently resolutions are slowly moving past the limit of what humans can perceive at reasonable distances from the screen. If anti aliasing will someday become obsolete. It makes sense to me but I am kind of dumb  Cheesy
Well yeah, as resolution increases the need to fake higher resolution decreases.
Dithering becomes obsolete at 24 bits of colour.

Don't trust what people trying to sell you stuff say about what your eyes can perceive though. (24 bits is actually not higher colour depth than most eyes can perceive in all cases.)

make games, not money
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile Email
« Reply #14338 on: February 18, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »

That makes sense, it is what I kind of thought but it's always nice to read someone else confirm it. I am looking forward to the day when AA is not needed then  Beer!

I enjoy video games @JasonBrouwers
The most recent game I made was: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634128
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14339 on: February 19, 2013, 05:17:40 AM »

OK OK CLASSIC OK COME ON CLASSICS

BASED GAMER

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 972
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic