Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1034569 Posts in 41734 Topics- by 33332 Members - Latest Member: peteandwally

August 21, 2014, 08:01:12 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1253
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 1328460 times)
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14685 on: March 13, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project
I don't know if movie had their double fine moment, but if not it's happening right now. What the hell is veronica mars?

ILLOGICAL, random guy on internet, do not trust (lelebĉcülo dum borobürükiss)
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

hhh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14686 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

oh

oh my gah

veronica mars

my sister and i fucking loved that show

Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: March 13, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

This is the worst news I have heard in forever.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I preemptively made the switch to The Old Reader, as recommended by a few users on reddit. It's not the same, but I'll get used to it.
Came here to find a replacement, this seems pretty good. Thanks.
caiys
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14688 on: March 14, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

gamemaker now supports linux export

yoyo domination is at hand
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14689 on: March 14, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XZxXEidtxHk
market crash prediction

Leon Fook
Level 4

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14690 on: March 14, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »

tl;dw
Valve, Half-Life 3, and potentially Indie scene will dominate the world.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14691 on: March 14, 2013, 04:39:02 PM »

"We take an in-depth look at the current state of the gaming industry, which is showing some serious red flags of heading down the same path that caused the original crash of the gaming industry in 1983. "

Jesus buttfucking christ, not this shit again.  The game industry is MASSIVELY different from how it was in 1983.  Another "big crash" is not going to happen, ever.  The worst that could happen is certain sections of the gaming industry lagging for awhile.

No, I'm not going to listen to 30 minutes of this guy talk about how the sky is falling. :p

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: March 14, 2013, 05:02:02 PM »

"We take an in-depth look at the current state of the gaming industry, which is showing some serious red flags of heading down the same path that caused the original crash of the gaming industry in 1983. "

Jesus buttfucking christ, not this shit again.  The game industry is MASSIVELY different from how it was in 1983.  Another "big crash" is not going to happen, ever.  The worst that could happen is certain sections of the gaming industry lagging for awhile.

No, I'm not going to listen to 30 minutes of this guy talk about how the sky is falling. :p

something gimmy tilbert posted is utter fucking bullshit?

say it ain't so! he has such integrity how could this happen
Gimym JIMBERT
Level 10

Feminism is back!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14693 on: March 14, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »

lol I just wanted a discussion, I think it's more nuanced than it's like 1983 again. But I would rather hear constructed rebuttal so I can learn a thing or two lol. And he don't say a complete industry crash, more like some AAA are going a wrong path and may lead some heavy weight to disappear (ea for example), he looks at ea, his stock value and how they correlate to bad tactics who creates massive plunge.

Keeping in mind the rising cost, the inevitable fatigue of given formula, the pressure to monetize at all cost which drive consumer dissatisfaction (drm, dlc, always online, micro transaction), the trend with mid core dev finding new model that respect core gamer, the increase avenue for talent pool to go indie, and the lack of compelling successful new ip (since you they might not recoup cost for the average expected quality you don't take the risk).

But hey no discussion, no critical thought!

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: March 14, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »

I find it hard to believe that EA's main consumer base would ever boycott anything. I'd welcome it though.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14695 on: March 14, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »

I read earlier today that the creator of the video game series, Road Rash, has plans to make a new one. This might be a reason for me to get a next gen console… unless it comes out on pc.

thersus
Level 0

Sometimes I'm grumpy, sometimes I'm not.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14696 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

I'm thinking about droping the "indie game" term and start using things like "post-progressive game" and "nü game".

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14697 on: March 15, 2013, 05:13:17 AM »

I'm thinking about droping the "indie game" term and start using things like "post-progressive game" and "nü game".

That's not nearly pretentious enough.

ClayB
« Reply #14698 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »

That's not nearly pretentious enough.

Game? Psh, please. Interactive media.
unsilentwill
Level 8

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14699 on: March 15, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »

Speak of the devil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1W_fQnKzVgM

SXSW 2013 Telltale's Panel on 'Interactive Drama' featuring Jenova Chen. I still haven't played the game, but its apparently successful in moving people and telling a story.
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1253
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic