Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:51:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIn 60 Seconds (now with music!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: In 60 Seconds (now with music!)  (Read 44585 times)
GoTeamSparkle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 08:08:54 AM »

Great game!  In fact, I liked it so much that I got an account on this site just to say so.

Is there anything above rank A?
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »

Great game!  In fact, I liked it so much that I got an account on this site just to say so.

Is there anything above rank A?

No. I got 100% and got an A rank.

genericuser
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »

21 seconds left, Rank C  Corny Laugh
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »

A-ranked! This was awesome. Great idea, and I liked the graphics.

Wizard Hand Metal Right
RAWK ON
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »

Cool idea, a mini metroidvana that you speed run over and over. Got a bit repetetive though... Well, it was fun Hand Thumbs Up Left
mirosurabu
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »

Minimal metroidvania. Nice work there.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »

I was feeling inspired so I threw together a little 30-second chiptune (so it loops twice Wink) for your game. Smiley Feel free to use it, or not, as you like!

.IT file download

~Josiah

EDIT: Rank C by the way, 1:32 left.
OSHI- Sorry, somebody else already contacted me about music. Thanks anyway, though. And, uh... how do you play .it files?

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »

As far as I know .it's are like .mod's and .xm's
BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

I particularly didn't mind the memorizing because it was such a short game. Making the punch essential and the end of the boss was pretty cool (as I assumed it was useless when I got the shot powerup). Were the game a little longer, I'd suggest multiple ways to collect the same powerups to make it more about strategy in managing your time.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 07:12:31 AM »

I really enjoyed this, William.  Thanks for sixty seconds of great fun (five times.)  I'd actually love to see you do a larger version, maybe lost of different 60 seconds scenarios as this is exactly the kind of game I like to play briefly while at work. Hand Thumbs Up Left

Kevin
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 03:42:07 PM »

I also really enjoyed it and, as such, played for many more seconds than 60. I'm terrible though. What's a guy gotta do to get an A!?
DYRE
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:29 AM »

Ahah!

Rank A, 10:28 remaining!
I wasted a little bit of time on the boss, but I don't think I could improve my time by more than a second or so.

I greatly enjoyed the game.  The sound effects and graphics were both excellent.
It took me somewhere between 7 and 10 tries to complete the game initially, with a C rank.  After that, it took maybe 2 more to get an A.

I really enjoyed this, William.  Thanks for sixty seconds of great fun (five times.)  I'd actually love to see you do a larger version, maybe lost of different 60 seconds scenarios as this is exactly the kind of game I like to play briefly while at work. Hand Thumbs Up Left
I fully agree with this post, as well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:31:54 AM by DYRE » Logged
dolong8888
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

- Is the premise of the game clear enough?
- How is the difficulty? Is it easy or hard? Did you have to try many times, and if so, did this bother you?
- Are the sound effects ok? Grating, perhaps?
- What about the graphics? I know they're not great but are they acceptable? Can you look at them without wanting to claw your eyes out?
- Putting this in spoiler tags, not because it's a huge surprise when you see it but because I want people to play the game without this in mind
Well, I registered here only to give my opinion, I liked a lot your game.
- It is clear enough, at least I got it the 2nd or 3rd time I played.
- Difficulty was ok, I have to try maybe 8 times to beat the boss, and maybe 17 to get a rank A. Didnt bother me trying so many times, I was excited to get an A.
- Sounds ok, nothing special.
- As the graphics, dindt like at first the main character, I dont know why. The other things were ok in game, but I didnt liked the drawings of the endings, didnt add much to the game and werent pretty or charming.
- The spoiler tags, didnt find annoying this, I felt excited when I found them, but then when I understood what they where for ( Wink ) I forgot them.

Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 12:08:46 PM »

Cool game, I had a little difficulty the first 5 tries but once I realized that a power up was the lava suit it was easy, before I was trying to survive en the lava just with the energy power up Tongue overall a very fun game. It could use prettier ending and game over screens.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »

...featured on bytejacker.
http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/034

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »

Awesome!

Anyway, I've got some music for this now so I'm going to add that and a few more tweaks pretty soon and then the game will be *properly* finished.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »

Pretty awesome game!
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »

Sequel: In sixty two seconds?
 Big Laff

I'll be sure to try out the final version.

Zero_Saber
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »

I as most of the others who have posted here really enjoyed this game. I found the sound effects fitting and the game play enjoyable. The graphics were nothing to write home about, but they fit the simplistic game very well. I am looking forward to the music addition!
Cimpresovec
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »

Yea beat it Tongue
Rank C
13 second left :D

Addicting game Tongue

Programming is the closest thing I have to magic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic