Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:22:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSaturated Dreamers
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Saturated Dreamers  (Read 95153 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: May 16, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »

yep, i agree with most of that. i'll put it on the wishlist. i fixed the font problem today though (it has to do with the way gm handles .ttf fonts of a size of 10 or lower, i upped the font size to 11 and it fixed the issue with the width of the "m" character). i also like the idea of making the middle parts more transparent than the edges, i'll try that later on too

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »

a reminder that i'm interseted in beta testing!

play hydlide 2
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »

same, whens beta out?
Tongue

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »

same here, this looks like something I'd play

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

A reminder that I'm also interested.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »

How does it feel? To take that to-do list down to double-digits, after so long?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »

How does it feel? To take that to-do list down to double-digits, after so long?

it's been below 100 for a while! unless you mean below 50? i'm at 44 tasks remaining now.

anyway, beta testing will begin in june. sorry for the delays. there are a few more things i want to do before beta testing. for instance, currently the game has 4 endings. i want to add 3 more (they're planned out already, i just need to write a short dialogue script for each and then place them). i also want to add a few minor touches like how in zelda 1 you can hear the boss roaring from a room away, i want to add a similar feature in SD where the call sound of a boss can be heard from an area or two away (which will add some atmosphere along with adding a clue to the player that they are getting close so they don't pass it by)

ave
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »

first 5 minutes of the game, most who played probably already seen this.

ink.inc
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »

(can i playtest)
ave
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »

u have to finish throwman

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »

it's nice, but the textbox is the worst I have seen in a game

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »

Looks really remarkable all together in motion. The textbox does look pretty unprofessional at first blush, but the writing is cute.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »

Lol, I was just trolling eres with the textbox

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »

Amazing =) Can't wait!
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

Couple notes from watching the gameplay demonstration..

1. The particle effects on text could fade off a lot faster... I found myself reading fast enough to have the particles blocking words I wanted to read.

2. The text box seems like there's a lot of space not being used... Couldn't the text potentially be a lot larger to fill the box appropriately? (or the box a lot smaller) It seems like the text box could store several paragraphs, but it then appears all dialogue is broken into short sentences anyway. I suppose there might be times where you actually show a paragraph or two worth of text... but then couldn't you have the dialog box grow to accomodate that?

Right now it's just weird that you have a huge text box and it's only using the top 20% of the box for text.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »

eva is playing the game in a very high resolution, and not a recommended one. the textbox normally doesn't look like that in the normal game resolution

also keep in mind two other things

1) the text is still in first draft form, and will be re-written / edited for a final draft later

2) the intro itself will be changed in the future; i intend to add a few more puzzles to it and space it out more, introducing more game elements in it, right now the only gameplay element shown in the intro is lilypad conversion

Conker534
« Reply #456 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

That was really cool to watch
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »

this is looking really awesome.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 08, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »

what do you do for the dialogue blips? That's a really nice touch with the pitch-shifting.

play hydlide 2
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: July 08, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »

for the textbox stuff, what i think i did was

a) give each character a different sound effect that is played when each letter appears
b) vary the frequency of the sound effect played in a periodic sine wave
c) make the frequency at the end of a sentence (periods or other punctuation) lower than normal

also, another thing is the font isn't final; i want the player to be able to select the font in the options (i'll have like 5 choices for font face, and a different default). the thing about the size is that the game was designed to run in 800x600 but other resolution options were added later, so in large resolutions the text looks really small; i think i'll either disable the very large resolutions (they are slower anyway) or make the font larger for those resolutions

and yes the trail effect particles as the letters appear will have its lifespan shortened in the future (that was one of the first things pandara-ra suggested; he's the game's sole playtester right now, and after he's done testing it and i've improved the game according to his suggestions i'll open a larger beta test; so far he's already found 160 things that he thinks i should improve/change/fix, although some of them may be impossible due to it being a GM game, such as locking the mouse in the window)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic