Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:48:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoul: Human stratum. Devlog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soul: Human stratum. Devlog  (Read 4575 times)
Yttrekollo
Level 0

Fastest man on earth, except that i'm in space!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:20:04 AM »

Gentleman Hi, i have not been on this forum much but tigsource have been on my "open these webpages when i am bored" list, so i have been checking the front page almost as much as my mail.

Now where to begin the story.

Sadly I'm very sensitive to the seasons so i get depressed and tired in winter and overflow with energy the rest of the year.
I began on this game when winter started. some days later i got sick and after that depressed enough to get medsin and counseling. I have not touched the game since that. Now that my energy is pouring back i want to try to continue. But as i left it for so long i feel that i need something extra to push me forward. So i will try posting it here to see if some community pressure will help.

Download the alpha 0.1 HERE

Music is made specially for this game by Christoffer Almersson aka Zaghurim.
The man on the start menu is also him(only a few years younger).

Almost all graphics in the game is wip

Controls:
left/right: move
up: fall slower (for debug purposes)
down: use items such as doors/teleporters/signs
z: jump
x: attack

So... what do you think? Undecided

SCREENSHOTS:
main menu

character creation

ingame
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:32:12 AM by Yttrekollo » Logged

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." -Johann Wolfgang von Göthe
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »

Get one of these.

Frog
Level 1

Eternal Being

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 02:17:31 AM »

A bit off topic but this band I listen (Glasvegas) to has a song called S.A.D. Light, I've always wondered what that meant up until now.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

Man, I got so pumped up by the music and the awesome character select screen (great choice of playable races). But when I get into the game, there's no enemies to fight or anything. It really is an alpha, I guess. Keep working on this because I think it could be really fun.

Also this thread should probably be in DevLogs, I'm sure a moderator will be happy to move it for you.

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »

Agreed, the music is just awesome!!
Can't wait to see more

Yttrekollo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:30:09 AM »

So, i have been a bit busy these last weeks. And my whole family is moving around. My sister is moving to my brothers house while my brother is moving to my foster brothers house and he is moving to an apartment and foster mother is also moving. And all of them want me to help. I will probably also move soon.

What i have done on the game is mostly stuff on paper. How the stats will work and battles and such. I have made some improvements to the graphics and done some storyboards.

I still don't really know what to begin with so i am doing this and that.

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." -Johann Wolfgang von Göthe
Yttrekollo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »

Added screenshots and as you can see in the last screen the next alpha will have enemies that you can kill

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic