Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1057315 Posts in 42950 Topics- by 34889 Members - Latest Member: Vergil

October 25, 2014, 12:37:44 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 666604 times)
Inanimate
Global Moderator
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »

I miss holding space and repeatedly jumping.
Nalok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »

Holy crap new tiles!
Evil-Ville
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

Nalok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »

Lol, nice one Evil
Amadeous
Level 0

PK4446
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2009, 05:49:16 PM »

Ah crap.

After the latest update, I can't open up my level anymore. Others seem to work, but when I load mine I get this:

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive"

Any idea?
Snuggletummy
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »

Hello. I'm having a serious problem with the game, and honestly, I can't think of what might be causing it. If this error was discussed a few pages back, erm, sorry if I missed it. Anyway, down to the issue. When I play the game, it runs fine, I can select blocks, but I can't go into edit mode. When I right click, it does nothing. I have the latest version of Java, and I've tried it on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, and nothing has worked yet. So yeah, help would be greatly appreciated.
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

Ah crap.

After the latest update, I can't open up my level anymore. Others seem to work, but when I load mine I get this:

Any idea?

I had some problems loading maps with the first couple of versions of 0.0.14 (caused by a bad combination of proguard and serialization) that I seemed to fix for the _03 update.

If you're still getting this problem now, please don't save over that level and post a play link to it here, and I'll try to fix.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »

Hello. I'm having a serious problem with the game, and honestly, I can't think of what might be causing it. If this error was discussed a few pages back, erm, sorry if I missed it. Anyway, down to the issue. When I play the game, it runs fine, I can select blocks, but I can't go into edit mode. When I right click, it does nothing. I have the latest version of Java, and I've tried it on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, and nothing has worked yet. So yeah, help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you left click to destroy blocks? What operating system? (Some version of windows, I assume)
Amadeous
Level 0

PK4446
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2009, 05:42:30 AM »

Ah crap.

Any idea?

I had some problems loading maps with the first couple of versions of 0.0.14 (caused by a bad combination of proguard and serialization) that I seemed to fix for the _03 update.

If you're still getting this problem now, please don't save over that level and post a play link to it here, and I'll try to fix.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?user=Amadeous&id=0

It crashes Firefox any time I try to run this level as well, and I started making it when level saving was introduced.
Snuggletummy
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

Can you left click to destroy blocks? What operating system? (Some version of windows, I assume)

Nope, can't left click either, and I'm using Windows XP.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2009, 09:56:51 AM »

Does clicking work now?
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

IProgramFish
View Profile Email
« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

I'd just like to say that I generated a "huge" map, and O.o awesome job!

Strange how the clouds look when you build a tower to the highest build level...

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Snuggletummy
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »

Does clicking work now?

Sadly, no, clicking doesn't work at all, and that's real bummer, I was hoping to build things. I do still like to explore though, and have found some awesome stuff.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile Email
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2009, 02:44:29 PM »

New version = awesome.

Only thing I'd ask for now is a way to add a grass tile. I've made an area of dirt rather far off from any actual grass, and it sucks having to wait for it to spread.
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »

My Castle!
Has what I think is the first airlock:

Inanimate
Global Moderator
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2009, 08:42:20 PM »

Clever.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »

Sadly, no, clicking doesn't work at all, and that's real bummer, I was hoping to build things. I do still like to explore though, and have found some awesome stuff.

Are you also getting strange purple artifacts in the graphics?
I heard some rumor that setting the graphics card driver to force things like anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering can cause the clicking to stop working.
Baltirow
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:33 AM »

Two things I'd like to mention:

- In the latest build, sand seems to have gravity (unlike all other blocks). I really like this as it allows to fill cave bits real easy if you accidentally bump on one while digging. Is this supposed to be like that?

- The cloud tile might be a bit too low. If you build a maxed-out tower, the clouds are extremely flat and you can actually jump through them, which shortly shows that they are indeed nothing more than a tile. Perhaps a bit higher is better. Also, It might be nice to make them move, but I guess that would require a completely new cloud system...

Anyway, happy to see the trees will be less saturated in the new build. Still hope to see that random offset coming back Wink

Deciton_Reven
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2009, 09:41:36 AM »

Sad.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »

Please, if someone knows how to run a java applet in windows vista, please tell me Tired It just won't let me, no matter what!! Changing security settings just doesn't seem to work! The frustration is friggin' killing me!

Hand Knife Right Angry Hand Knife Right

Vista!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic