Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:20:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2321329 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11780 on: November 07, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »

True that, I'll try to improve it a bit, thanks for the image

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11781 on: November 08, 2014, 04:47:43 AM »

ANty I really like the art direction! The animation is very smooth!
But you'll have to do vertical animations eventually, otherwise the character is going to look like a zombie/drunken brawler.
And the current animation looks more like he's stabbing someone with a knife rather than swinging a blunt weapon.

The wrist and lower arm twists and turns, even for a horizontal swing, so you can't just keep all limbs facing the camera at the same angle at all times.
And if you always keep the arms up like that, it's gonna seem like he's stumbling in the dark with his arms stretched out.

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11782 on: November 08, 2014, 12:32:23 PM »

Build scripts for Feuer Frei...building Love2D games for OS X is a pain in the ass.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11783 on: November 08, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »

While I'm sure you've read and are referencing it, just in case there's a reasonably comprehensive guide here. Once you've got your modified plist it's literally a matter of copying a renamed zip (your .love file) into your resources folder of a pre-prepared app, which isn't so hellish Smiley

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11784 on: November 08, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »

While I'm sure you've read and are referencing it, just in case there's a reasonably comprehensive guide here. Once you've got your modified plist it's literally a matter of copying a renamed zip (your .love file) into your resources folder of a pre-prepared app, which isn't so hellish Smiley
Yeah, I'm using that as a reference but basically the thing I was having a problem automating was editing the Info.plist file; I figured it out though.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11785 on: November 08, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »

Glad to hear it Smiley Have fun with love, I miss it from time to time and it's nice to see how well it's grown. Can't stomach the thought of writing a big game in Lua these days though, haha.

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11786 on: November 08, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »

Glad to hear it Smiley Have fun with love, I miss it from time to time and it's nice to see how well it's grown. Can't stomach the thought of writing a big game in Lua these days though, haha.
Yeah, I think my experience with Lua has been the most fun I've ever had coding...whenever I try to do games in C++ or (god forbid) Java I just get mad when things inevitably break and that's how projects get cancelled.
He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11787 on: November 09, 2014, 11:17:32 AM »

Not sure what the rule is on double-posting in this thread but I'm just gonna go ahead with this because it's some massively different stuff than what I was talking about...

So, I'm beginning to throw some polish on Feuer Frei. The game isn't really that close to being finished yet but I get sick of looking at placeholder shit.

Here's the current title screen:

..Aaaaaaand here's the new studio logo.

Apologies for the huge images, the game is in 1280x720 and I can't be bothered to resize these.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11788 on: November 10, 2014, 04:08:05 AM »

use the width tags, like so

the "click to view" thing works the wrong way imo, doesn't give an overview as the default, which is unfortunate.

Either way, interesting effect. Don't be afraid to get a bit of colour in there.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11789 on: November 10, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »

To be honest, I would prefer that way too, but it's impossible to click to "full size" an image and scroll to view the entire thing, so I think it has to be this way. An alternative could be to click to open a new tab / window with the full sized image.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, cool effect. I agree with Geti about the color.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11790 on: November 10, 2014, 09:46:18 PM »

It's totally not impossible though Smiley Polycount forums have a very good example of click-to-maximise images, which keeps unruly 1080p images in line.

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11791 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »

use the width tags, like so

the "click to view" thing works the wrong way imo, doesn't give an overview as the default, which is unfortunate.

Either way, interesting effect. Don't be afraid to get a bit of colour in there.
To be honest, I would prefer that way too, but it's impossible to click to "full size" an image and scroll to view the entire thing, so I think it has to be this way. An alternative could be to click to open a new tab / window with the full sized image.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, cool effect. I agree with Geti about the color.
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I appreciate it.

As far as colour goes, there will almost surely be more colour in the game proper, I'm probably going to get an artist for the rest of the game so I can focus on other shit (namely, getting powerups to work properly).

Also, thanks for calling the effect cool..there's just something that looks incredibly rad about VCR font, HSV noise, and shitloads of random filters.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11792 on: November 12, 2014, 12:58:43 PM »

Working on the information system for Bandits and Bounties.  Each character has a store of information (both partial and complete).  I made a menu which you can use to ask NPCs questions.  You can either ask about specific people, places or things, or you can ask about incomplete information you have to get the missing piece

efge
Level 0

No Zombies, no stars, no careers, no bananas.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11793 on: November 14, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

I am working on importing high-res digital elevation data from airborne laser scanning to build racetracks.
The image shows how three different terrain resolutions will be mixed: 1m grid, 25m grid, Google Earth snapshot

More on my TIGDevlog

Cheers,
FF

He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #11794 on: November 14, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »

Figuring out a way to spawn weaponry and powerups in Feuer Frei in a way that's fair and still mostly random.
Tadeon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11795 on: November 15, 2014, 12:41:09 AM »

My current project MonoDi is almost ready. Just a little bit polishing here and there. You can follow the game in twitter. @Tadeon3

Dr.Electro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11796 on: November 16, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »

BOSSFIGHTS!

Check out my Devlog

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11797 on: November 17, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »

ktch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11798 on: November 18, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »

Working on a little homage to Commander Keen.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: November 18, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »

Testing out / debugging / implementing gamepad support for my engine / game. And not cleaning.

Working well on PS3 and 360 controllers now (including vibration on the 360; it seems there is no PS3 driver with rumble support on the Mac anyway). Ouya controller is proving difficult, but it seems to be the driver rather than the program.

Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic