Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:19:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2305262 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #11880 on: February 10, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

Just a small suggestion because i'm taking interest in it, try to find a way to make all your diffuse or specular shader code energy conserving, even though you are NOT trying realism. Diffuse + specular + fresnel (even faked) should add to or be less than light energy (simple to implement).

The idea is that you can not reflect back more light than the light emit which is like common sense, however most shader are not energy conserving and it makes light composition hasardous and less predictable on a scene, adding energy conservation simplify the art process.

Here is a energy conserving wrap: http://blog.stevemcauley.com/2013/01/30/extension-to-energy-conserving-wrapped-diffuse/

I'm investigating energy conserving toon shader (ramp based is simple, you just ramp over an energy conserving shader with value of the ramp always equal or below the value it reference)

Feel free to ignore entirely this geeky rambling Who, Me?

Dr.Electro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11881 on: February 12, 2015, 12:31:59 AM »

Working on getting my Beta ready!
Still looking for some more game enthusiasts, who want to test the crap out of my game!  Beer!

Registration for beta closes on Friday the 13th (of February)
Subscribe now at http://runicrampage.com/beta

Raphael
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11882 on: February 13, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »

Just a small suggestion because i'm taking interest in it, try to find a way to make all your diffuse or specular shader code energy conserving, even though you are NOT trying realism. Diffuse + specular + fresnel (even faked) should add to or be less than light energy (simple to implement).

The idea is that you can not reflect back more light than the light emit which is like common sense, however most shader are not energy conserving and it makes light composition hasardous and less predictable on a scene, adding energy conservation simplify the art process.

Here is a energy conserving wrap: http://blog.stevemcauley.com/2013/01/30/extension-to-energy-conserving-wrapped-diffuse/

I'm investigating energy conserving toon shader (ramp based is simple, you just ramp over an energy conserving shader with value of the ramp always equal or below the value it reference)

Feel free to ignore entirely this geeky rambling Who, Me?

Well i thought, why not implement a complete physically based shading model: Oren-Nayar diffuse + Cook Torrance brdf

Here the result, combined with irradiance mapping for global illumination (currently static) (soft blue from top, yellow from bottom and sides / cubemap)

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: February 14, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

Doin' some grass for Ethios:

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: February 14, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »

@raphael
Wow oren nayar? that would not be too expensive?

Raphael
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11885 on: February 15, 2015, 02:04:32 AM »

@raphael
Wow oren nayar? that would not be too expensive?

Well there is also a "simple" version of the equation, which works fine. You discard the c3 calculation and the interreflections.
I also implemented the energy conserving wrapped diffuse now. i have to say i like the result more than oren nayar. Thanks for the hint.

Here a gif showcasing pbs(roughness = 0.3, f0 = 0.6), csm (cascaded shadow mapping) and irradiance mapping (global illumination)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:13:48 AM by Raphael » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: February 15, 2015, 11:51:55 PM »

that looks good

DwarvenArtisan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11887 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »

Some interesting stuff you guys got going in here!

Currently implementing multiple controlable freighters..

won't loop for some reason  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:12:20 AM by DwarvenArtisan » Logged

MAVW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11888 on: February 19, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »

@DwarvenArtisan - I have no idea what it is but I really like the grainy look  Tongue

I'm trying out some outfits,
going out to space & beyond,
gotta look good.

Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11889 on: February 23, 2015, 04:26:12 AM »

Sweet spacesuits MAVW, reminds me of the dead cosmonaut figure from this vid...

...I'm kinda assuming they're going to be spacesuits. Anyway, I've been working on some high school physics equations, just about got it...

Oh god make it stop.
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: February 25, 2015, 06:03:56 AM »

Progress on my mangagame! Panel content is generated on the fly with animations ( uv-shifting, object movement, text fading, ... ).

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11891 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »

Putting together some pointy nosed pistol throwers for Deathlection. Can't wait to see this in colour.

EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11892 on: February 26, 2015, 11:05:04 PM »

Working on a concept for a RPG with this as part of the reference for the visual style.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:21 AM »

Looks like it was printed out on the cheapest of printers and scanned back in. Neat.

EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11894 on: February 28, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »

Looks like it was printed out on the cheapest of printers and scanned back in. Neat.

It was actually printed and then scanned back onto my computer after I made a vector image and forgot to save it haha. The image is a visual place holder in my game idea binder for the game's notes. My printer also has a self cleaning feature I ignored to use, though I feel like it adds an aesthetic quality to the image's presentation. The image is based off a short lived character from the Gag Manga Biyori series, which is the basis for the comedic theme of the RPGs story and battle system. I'm also drawing inspiration from series like Earthbound for it. Again, just an idea for now because the scale of the game is too big to actually start working on given my current financial situation. 

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
GG-Works
Level 0

It's going to be a long ride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11895 on: March 01, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »

Well, I have a new better quality trailer of a game I'm trying to get on Steam.

Here is a .gif of one of the levels.

I'm combining the easy to approach appeal of Kirby's Dreamland, with the "endless lives" and movements of Super Meat Boy, and some puzzle elements of Portal, Smash, and other basics.

Yes the game is pretty cartoony, I thought the asthetic fit for what I was going for, since originally I've decided against pixel art from the beginning after hearing people complain too much about it.  Though I do wonder if I went back on it and see what it would look like.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »

Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/theadventuresofsquare

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: March 02, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

doom engine is best engine B)
Dr.Electro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11898 on: March 04, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »

A settings menu for Runic Rampage (Get your beta invitation here: http://runicrampage.com/beta)

Raphael
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11899 on: March 07, 2015, 04:14:58 AM »

Some updates to the engine. 32bit or 16bit floating point framebuffer for hdr rendering in linear space. final pass for post processing (hdr bloom) + gamma correction. octree to handle the scene data.

Cubemaps now have mipmaps (texture lod) and based on roughness, different lods are loaded. the lesser the roughness, the clearer the reflection is.

Im currently thinking about releasing the engine in some kind of way. is there a need for an engine written in plain old c?
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic