Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:56:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2323296 times)
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11900 on: March 07, 2015, 06:04:42 AM »

Why not, but you should probably consider making something with it, a small game or tech demo. Not just for people to see the awesome features and have an example project to release along with it, but to ensure it offers everything you need (or want to offer) and to smooth it out.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: March 07, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »

Those shots look pretty nice GG-WOrks, JMickle.

I got Unity 5 so, of course, I'm messing around with the now-available Pro stuff.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11902 on: March 07, 2015, 01:21:05 PM »

public domain riddle //puzzle game thingy.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: March 08, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »

NEON ZELDA Cool Tiger

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11904 on: March 08, 2015, 06:28:22 PM »

Made a dungeon editor in Borland C++ Builder under Windows NT 4

This is actually OpenGL, i used nearest filtering and made the mipmaps manually to "fade out" per mip level, which (in GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST) gives this "crunchy dirty noisy" look of old software rendering engines :-P.

~bs~
mr_gant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: March 10, 2015, 04:54:51 AM »

Stress testing:

Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11906 on: March 10, 2015, 06:35:52 AM »

Yes, that induces a lot of stress to the player  Ninja

~bs~
GameRoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: March 10, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

So much brain-bending potential here.
stefoid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11908 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

Hi. This is the last major functional addition to Dungeon Bash - Stealth Play!  Been working on this solidly for 18 months, and functionally at least, it is almost complete.

Im looking for a few good people who are of a mind to play something for a while and criticise the hell out of it - from a gameplay/UI interactivity perspective (placeholder graphics are average (my own work) or borrowed from Scribblenauts whilst I source my own).

If you would like to exercise gameplay criticism chops, please go to www.dungeonbash.com to get it for your mobile (join the test team)

Dungeon Bash is a tactical squad-based roguelike game where you control 3 characters in a team.
Until now, it was best to keep that team clustered together for mutual support - particularly for a team member to act as the focus point for a monster attack while other team members flanked that monster.

But with stealth tactics added, it is better if the stealthy character keeps away from non-stealthy team members, as they attract monster attention that will make it much harder to hide.

Heres a summary of what was added for this release. Go to www.dungeonbash.com to download the game for your mobile.

IN THIS RELEASE (A13-I11)
STEALTH:
* light levels in the dungeon now reflect detectability of that tile for stealth purposes - the light level is an indication of:

a) torches - actual light that makes it easier to be detected.
    b) monster detection skill - shows how well each monster can detect enemies in its vicinity.
    c) monster attention.- characters attract monster attention, indicated by lighter tiles around noticed characters, and those closest to monsters attract more attention.

* rocks provide good stealth bonus for medium creatures and great stealth bonus for small creatures.

* hidden characters get an ambush bonus in the form of 3x attack skill for one melee attack.

* characters automatically hide when they descend to the next level, although they may be discovered instantly. Their first action still gets an ambush bonus, however.

* the ‘stealth’ button will be deactivated if the character is unable to hide. Hiding takes one turn and gives a slow bonus.

* any action other than normal movement reveals a hidden character - the character must ‘unhide’ to charge, but the charge still gets the ambush bonus.

* melee damage is a little more dependent on skill and less dependent on hit-points.

* creatures without hands can only carry one amulet.

* inventory tab shows capacity when selected.

ARMPIT GAMES game design blog http://armpitgames.com
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11909 on: March 10, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »

working on cooler loading/transition screens for selecting a level:

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #11910 on: March 13, 2015, 05:37:14 AM »

Made an animation to see if it would look good in game. What do you guys think?

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: March 13, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »

Made an animation to see if it would look good in game. What do you guys think?

Make him lean into the strike with his whole body, like have him kneel/bend the knees slightly as he comes forward. It doesn't have to be much, but his lower torso probably shouldn't be that inert.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »

I made her lean back and forth a bit, and it looks way better already, thanks!

Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11913 on: March 13, 2015, 11:58:43 AM »

still looks really stiff, you're not really going too far away from the base standing pose. Go grab a big branch and swing it around with all your might! Get someone to record you too, and pay attention to all the poses you make - every single one of your body parts moves, not just your arms and a little of your torso.

Alternatively, since all energy swords are based on Zero anyway, go look right at the source instead of going by what's in your head. It's on gfycat so you can pause and slowmo!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: March 14, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »

Those shots look pretty nice GG-WOrks, JMickle.

I got Unity 5 so, of course, I'm messing around with the now-available Pro stuff.

I applied the image to itself (add or screen under photoshop) and it looks more natural, Does anyone else think the image is imbalance in the gamma? How well your screen is calibrated?

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11915 on: March 14, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »

dis:

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: March 14, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »

This is looking good Smiley ready yourself Tongue

iDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11917 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:24 AM »

Focusing on crafting for natural survivor (http://naturalsurvivor.co.uk).

Still a way to go but general design's there :D

So much brain-bending potential here.

oh and that... that i like!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:46:16 AM by iDev » Logged

X-Tender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11918 on: March 17, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Still working on our C:G Reloaded Version.
First Ingame Footage.

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11919 on: March 18, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »

Made a pretty neat level for my game. Everyone who played my demo complained about the mechanics being difficult to understand so I need to teach the player with levels like these. It's very short and very linear, but I force the player to reuse the same curved region over and over again.

Oh, and, uh... ignore my retarded babbling in the background. I didn't know the microphone was being recorded and only noticed after uploading to youtube  Facepalm

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic