Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:04:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallClassics Week at TIGSource?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Classics Week at TIGSource?  (Read 36543 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

I have to post Egoboo, too. Tongue
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

I still think Mordor needs to be featured (i is rewriting mes article) along with rouge aaannnnnddddd......

(Oh, and not the shitty new version  Angry )

Duckmeister
Level 0

Crescent Fresh

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2009, 06:19:28 PM »

I have to post Egoboo, too. Tongue

Come on!

Also, you didn't add Ore No Ryomi 2 to the database like you did all the other classic games.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:30:33 PM by Duckmeister » Logged

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line.
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »

I'll mention Glace, if I may. I can't believe how underated that game seemed to be.

I'd argue that it was perhaps underplayed, but the reviews I remember (on acid-play) horribly overrated it. The movement had a nice feel to it and the graphics were great, but the majority of the gameplay was horribly dull.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2009, 02:03:30 AM »

Thanks for posting Mantra.  The old Mac days were good to me (Kiss Load Runner and it's level editorrrr Addicted)

TabbyCat was right about Glider Pro.  Great game, memorable music, and it had a house editor you could spend days with.  The original author, John Calhoun, has made it free for download

Note: in the original you didn't see the entire house, so try to adjust your resolution so you only see one room.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2009, 05:49:02 AM »

Thanks for posting Mantra.  The old Mac days were good to me (Kiss Load Runner and it's level editorrrr Addicted)

TabbyCat was right about Glider Pro.  Great game, memorable music, and it had a house editor you could spend days with.  The original author, John Calhoun, has made it free for download

Note: in the original you didn't see the entire house, so try to adjust your resolution so you only see one room.

Hand Shake Left Crazy Hand Metal Right
Duckmeister
Level 0

Crescent Fresh

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »

What's going on here?  [insert rant caused by being too impatient here]

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »

Please stop it or I won't post any more of your articles.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2009, 02:16:50 PM »

:D

yes, he isn't paid for this. demanding something happen over and over can have the reverse effect.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:47 PM »

Derek is like a girl, be patient, don't rush her, make her long for you.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »

Nice, Micro Man!  I remember playing that on one of those 2345252349857 Windows Games CDs.

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »

Nice, Micro Man!  I remember playing that on one of those 2345252349857 Windows Games CDs.
That's where I got it!  :D

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2009, 12:41:23 AM »

maybe we should extend it for a week since we haven't gotten around to looking at / reviewing 90% of the games mentioned in this thread... or perhaps just repeat it in a few months with a new batch, keeping this thread around for reference

laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »

I've always thought this game deserved a spot in the database. Here's a review of "Life of D. Duck."

"OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS AMAZING YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS." was the phrase that first introduced me to Life of D. Duck, an epic AGS game manufactured by the mysterious auteur Bjornar B. You see, young Bjorny had always dreamed of one day becoming a Disney artist, especially for Donald Duck. However, this game has nothing to do with Donald Duck. This is the life of one D. Duck, upstanding resident of Andecity (Duckburg) and a role model for Olympic athletes and grain farmers everywhere.

A word of warning: Do not play this game if you are faint of humor. You will find none of your precious 'sense' here, D. Duck is a man-child on a mission and he has no time for such frivolities. As the game opens, Uncle Scrooch and Grandmother Duck happen upon an egg in the tranquil forest. When the egg hatches, D. Duck pops out and proclaims his intention of winning the Andecity (Duckburg) Marathon. Grandmother tells him he needs nutritious oat porridge for a strong body and D.'s life has begun!

The game's dialogue is well-written, the graphics represent the true cutting edge, the music is catchy like a crab fisherman on crack, and the puzzles will leave you scratching your head with delight. The download includes a full walkthrough in case you get stuck, because let's be honest - mystery solving is for nerds. Play this game, experience it, live it, love it, become one with it. The Life of D. Duck is the life of YOU.
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2009, 06:29:35 PM »

That game is amazing (and I mean that seriously).  As is

(get it at Bjørnar B's page)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 04:05:02 AM »

posted the exile games

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

I realize that the week is now at an end.

I have a few DOS games I'd like to mention that I think we can all agree are quite deserving of the 'classics' list.

http://www.dreamofwinds.com/lonely/?p=850

The link includes write-up + downloads on:

Cyberbox 1 + 2
Cyberdogs 1 + 2
Skyroads 0 + 1 + 2
Scorched Earth
Mortal Pong

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Duckmeister
Level 0

Crescent Fresh

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2009, 05:48:59 AM »

Sorry about being so impatient, I was just excited since I got my first review posted.  I didn't mean to badger you like that, Derek.  So thanks for posting it anyways.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »

Nice Aquins, I remember playing a lot of Skyroads in my programming class in high school.  Mortal Pong was funny too but I think I only played the locked shareware version.  And gorillas.bas was my Scorched Earth.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »

Gorillas!  Hehe, I didn't want to go back *too* far.  Actually, thinking of it, isn't there a retro gaming site with brand new QB creations?  I recall playing a penguin puzzle game that was made not too long ago (say a few years.)

Maybe I should look into it for next Sunday....

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic