Swift is the name of the game i am currently working on. Development has started 3 or 4 months ago, and since then we came a long way. We are not releasing a demo yet, but an alpha test will take place at the end of June(registration is opened
About the game: Swift is a 2.5D puzzler platformer in which the player takes control of a ball-like AI bot, a bot that gathers experience and knowledge by learning from it's actions.
Current puzzles that have successfully been implemented are:
- Color shifting in order to stand on different platforms
- Gravity Switching in order to reach objects and buttons that are on the ceiling
- Using different objects(like boxes) in order to keep a door/button opened/activated.
Puzzles I'm working on implementing:
- Swtiching on and off electric platforms
- Deflecting lasers beems using objects
- Dodging bullets shot by turrets after seeing the player
According to the Guidelines
it is ok if I don't post a demo, as long as I have something to prove that this thread is not a "dreamy" post. Last week I traveled to Bucharest to meet up with my team mate and co-creator of Swift, Xelu, in order to discuss some important aspects regarding the game's mechanics and also on how to implement the level editor. While we where there, we meet up with Virgil, a friend of Xelu's who is currently helping us out with some background music for the game, and we also recorded some footage where we talked about Swift. Currently we have 3 videos released for Swift:
- A teaser.
- In-game footage (kinda short, and kinda old since I redesigned jumping, and the way the ball moves, but it still is useful as a showcase until I will release another clip - possibly a trailer).
- And a Dev Diary aka the footage from our meeting. (I'm not handsome, nor do i have a great accent, but i hope you guys won't mind)
Since the game is our first game as a team
we plan on releasing it for Free, but the reason we are not giving away a demo right now, and planning a small alpha test with a small number of people, is because we want to release something good and polished. I know that not to much can be said based on what we have given right now, but please if you have any criticism, ideas or suggestions then please, do post them.
P.s: We also have a Dev Blog
where we post trailers, screenshots, dev related things or ask for feedback based on ideas. Ogh and Xelu just uploaded the registration form
for the alpha test. We wouldn't mind if you'd drop by and register