Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:16:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 422238 times)
Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Mike Lee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »

There's so much to this story it's hard to imagine that this guy managed to stay beneath the surface for so long. Based on the comments on the story from the frontpage and from the Mobigame's guys posting here and in Stephen's blog, it sounds like for better or for worse Mobigame is going to renamed Edge to something else. And as Chris said a lot of the other stuff like Tim's dubious claims are inconsequential to the trademark dispute between Edge Games and Mobigame.

However, it's great that people here are continuing to unearth new details on Tim. Trademark trolls exist because they manage to remain hidden. If nothing else, the negative publicity is forcing responses and information to come out at a far greater rate than ever before. Hopefully once E3 passes a few of the larger gaming sites can pick back up on this story and even investigate further.
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »

It irritates me so much that Langdell is just ignoring the real questions completely; "I don't have to say anything about that, so I'm not going to". If he had any reasonable defense he would have given it a long time ago.

This is just nuts.

I don't know why the word hasn't gotten out about this in earnest, but I want to see this somewhere big, and soon.
Those of you with actual connections: Make it happen!

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »

http://www.the--edge.com/index.swf
I love what happens when you keep the mouse on the "edge" logo at the top.
That's cutting edge.
classy.

Am I the only person that was reminded of this?:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/senormortgage.html

Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »

He does seem to be cutting edges for web design...
Oddbob
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:58 PM »

Slashing wrists, more like...
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:37 PM »

I have photos Alec. I know what you did last summer...
In the lively spirit of extortion, you should demand the rights to the Infinite Ammo logo in return for keeping those photos hidden. Remember, you can't be litigious if it doesn't go to court.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

My balls will go to court...  Cool

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »

Not if I can get to them first. Well, hello there!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
raiten
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

Stephen Jacobs thinks the case for excluding Tim from the board is how he lied to voters, and continues to lie to IGDA members at IGDA's own website. I think we all need to start sending out e-mails to the board members, directing their attention to this!

Their e-mails (as well as Tim's lies) can be found here: http://www.igda.org/board/
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2009, 01:06:27 AM »

Another article: http://www.mygameloft.net/igda-board-member-tim-langdell-igf-mobile-nominee-edge-and-a-sorry-trademark-tale/
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2009, 02:36:38 AM »

That's a really good commentary on the situation. It seems well researched, thought out and very objective.

I think there are two seperate issues being discussed in this thread that should probably be seperated into individual threads. Tim Langdell's legal dispute with Mobigames was the original subject, but maybe the discussion of Langdell's misrepresentation of himself to the IGDA membership should be discussed in a thread of it's own. I've only took a cursory look about, but it seems like nearly all the organisations mentioned in his Statement of Candidacy and in his IGDA profile have either never heard of him, or his involvement has been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.igda.org/board/
http://www.igda.org/board/elections.php

I really think the IGDA board have to act on this as members will start looking at other board directors and thinking how much of their Statement of Candidacy was a complete crock of lies. Not to mention how this looks from the outside. This is probably the better story for the more mainstream press too. Corrupt official are always better than oppressed indies.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »

That's Simon's original article that was pulled.
Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »

Oh, awkward.

A slightly unrelated article:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63125
Producer Rick Nicolet and scribe Carlton Kenneth Holder have joined forces with Tim Langdell owner and CEO of veteran game company EDGE Games, Inc., to jointly produce a TV show and episodic videogame.
“Our intention is to bring on board a network partner for the television series and during production we will be creating digital assets for the series of videogames, which Langdell and his award winning EDGE team will produce, thus amortizing the costs,” stated Nicolet.
Langdell was immediately intrigued from the start, “We are currently producing a prototype of the game which will also be serialized and will feature viewer-player content. This will be the first game to enable players to create content that will then appear in an upcoming episode of a TV show."

Maybe someone should warn those dudes...
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2009, 03:20:14 AM »

Then I am extremely confused as to why Tom Buscaglia is so opposed to it. The article just presents the facts as they appear and only really mentions the IGDA as an 'in closing'. It makes me wonder if Tom, "As someone who has litigated intellectual property cases", is completely impartial in the matter.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:20 AM »

he was opposed to it because it didn't represent his friend tim's "side" of the story, which was that mobigame was bullying him

Subtle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »

Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2009, 04:20:11 AM »

Real subtle.
mirosurabu
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2009, 06:43:20 AM »

I expect no less than 180 games poking fun at Edge and Langdell himself. You won't be able to claim he didn't inspire indies anymore.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2009, 07:30:28 AM »

This whole deal is almost starting to remind me of

, except it's more entertaining than disturbing.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic