Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:59:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 422240 times)
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »

guize.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6545.0
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »

This whole deal is almost starting to remind me of

, except it's more entertaining than disturbing.

that type of stuff always seems hypocritical / self-righteous to me, most of the people commenting in videos like that probably eat cows and pigs and chickens and such, which tend to be tortured far worse than that cat was during their lives. i'm not a vegetarian or anything, but cruelty is cruelty.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »

I think we all need to start sending out e-mails to the board members, directing their attention to this!
Would it be worth it?
would it make the IGDA better? I personally don't care about this association , and maybe it's better if they have Langdell at the helm, since it seems to be full of people of the same genre anyway.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

i think most of the board don't care. the best you could do is attend local igda meetings and inform local chapters and such about it, in hopes of voting him out eventually. what's funny is that even though there are 11000 members, the people who actually vote for the board are few -- langdell apparently got 700 votes, which was enough to win a seat and the second-highest of any board member

JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:34 AM »

Would it be worth it?
would it make the IGDA better? I personally don't care about this association , and maybe it's better if they have Langdell at the helm, since it seems to be full of people of the same genre anyway.
People have genres now?
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

Would it be worth it?
People have genres now?

Not everybody has quite so masterful a grasp of the English language as you, JoeHonkie

cup full of magic charisma
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »

Would it be worth it?
People have genres now?

kind? can't it be used as a synonym?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

Sorry Eclipse, I own the trademark for KIND (TM). You must use "genre" or some other word. I'd tread carefully if I were you...

JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »

Sorry Eclipse, I own the trademark for KIND (TM). You must use "genre" or some other word. I'd tread carefully if I were you...
Nice.

EDIT: And I ain't judging anyone's English.  It's just an amusing choice of word.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »

I've seen Alec defending his trademarks.

Gruesome stuff.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
raiten
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »

I think we all need to start sending out e-mails to the board members, directing their attention to this!
Would it be worth it?

I'm not in this to save the IGDA, it's mostly about making Langdell's life miserable.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »

I'm not in this to save the IGDA, it's mostly about making Langdell's life miserable.
Because two wrongs make a right.  Big Laff
raiten
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

Because two wrongs make a right.  Big Laff

Maybe I'm morally handicapped but I can't see how making his life's miserable would fall under "wrong".
raiten
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »

Seriously though, in the end it's about making him realize he should just give Mobigames the right to use the name Edge. I think making him miserable might be a step on the way.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

Hate is a positive feedback mechanism, in the mathematical sense of the word. It makes a bad situation worse.

If everything we've found out about Tim Langdell is true, then he absolutely should be stripped of his authority, and perhaps publicly humiliated to discourage people from acting the way he did. But there's a big difference between that, and making his life miserable just because you can. We need to demonstrate that we have more maturity than Tim Langdell.
JoeHonkie
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »

No reason to run the guy into the ground.  If there's a way to stop him from doing these things, it's probably not getting up in his grill.  And if you do get him to stop, no reason to be in his grill anymore.

I meet shitty people all the time, if I got into it with every one of them I wouldn't have any time for myself.
Corpus
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »

Seriously though, in the end it's about making him realize he should just give Mobigames the right to use the name Edge. I think making him miserable might be a step on the way.

No it wouldn't. Is it a sunny day where you are? Go outside. Walk to the park. Hug somebody.
raiten
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »

I'm not actually a sadist! Throughout all this crazy obsessive internet sleuthing my goal has always been clear, to get Edge back on the Apple store.

Also, I took your advice Corpus, and now I'm being charged with sexual assault.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »

That won't happen.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

as david said, they removed edge voluntarily, tim didn't force them into it. they just removed it till the tm issue got cleared up, and can put it back at any time afaik

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic