Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 06:01:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425061 times)
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 21, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »

Interesting article, can we find out more about Tim's interactive movie project "Mr. Payback."

It links to an article with an amusing synopsis:
Spoof about a man who takes action against some people that are annoying him. Audience determines what brand of justice the hero will mete out to offending villains.

Certainly makes me wish Tim starred in it...

Didn't find anything interesting by quickly googling it, but it might be worth looking into.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: July 23, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »

Just got this in my mailbox:

Quote from: [email protected]
PUBLIC STATEMENT

23rd August 2009

“Edge of Twilight proceeds with title unchanged”

FUZZYEYES™ approached EDGE® Games several months ago, with the intent to resolve any issues arising out of both companies use of the mark "EDGE." Fuzzyeyes, developer of the game titled "Edge of Twilight," sought to address any potential trademark conflicts. Through amicable negotiations, Fuzzyeyes and Edge Games have arrived at a satisfactory arrangement that addresses the concerns of both parties. This arrangement allows the highly anticipated Edge of Twilight to proceed with its title unchanged, and without infringement on any trademarks held by Edge Games.

Lu, Wei-Yao
CEO of FUZZYEYES™

About EDGE OF TWILIGHT

Edge of Twilight is a 3rd person action adventure game in development for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Gameplay is split between combat, puzzle-solving and exploration. These elements will in turn be split between the two parallel planes of reality that only the player may traverse; the spiritually influenced, Lithern night realm, and the industrial, Athern dominated, day realm.

Official Website: www.edge-of-twilight.com

For latest trailer:

Phone – +61 7 3014 9888
Fax – +61 7 3341 6660
Oddbob
« Reply #802 on: July 23, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »

This arrangement allows the highly anticipated Edge of Twilight to proceed with its title unchanged, and without infringement on any trademarks held by Edge Games

Interesting wording there!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: July 23, 2009, 04:52:12 PM »

Sounds to me like Edge Games has just spawned a new commercial venture. Sad.  Sad

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: July 23, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

This arrangement allows the highly anticipated Edge of Twilight to proceed with its title unchanged, and without infringement on any trademarks held by Edge Games

Interesting wording there!

Wouldn't it be funny if Langdell was actually blackmailed into doing nothing about it, because they found evidence of his connection to Firm?

Not likely, though.  Huh?

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: July 23, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »

Facepalm The sad thing is that every time one of these guys knuckles under and gives Langdell a license, he has more grounds to claim commercial use of the mark. It's sort of sad, really. If none of these people had done this, he eventually would have been judged to have abandoned the mark--licensing it out is the only use he makes of it anymore. Oh well.

Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 23, 2009, 05:33:23 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if Langdell was actually blackmailed into doing nothing about it, because they found evidence of his connection to Firm?

Not likely, though.  Huh?

That would be nice. Except if evidence was found they could present it, still keep the name and can Langdell's antics for good. It would be nice but that's probably not the case Sad
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:29:02 AM by Kadoba » Logged
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 24, 2009, 01:57:17 AM »

23rd August 2009? Way to proof read Fuzzy.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: July 24, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »

http://www.develop-online.net/news/32476/The-Chaos-Engine-rallies-against-Langdell

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: July 24, 2009, 11:38:44 AM »

YES.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #810 on: July 24, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/6301-Experienced-Points-EDGE-of-Asshattery
Oddbob
« Reply #811 on: July 24, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »

Fuck me, those comments are crazy shit central. I know by now nothing should surprise me, but jeebus.
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 24, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »

Just got this in my mailbox:

Quote from: [email protected]
PUBLIC STATEMENT

23rd August 2009

“Edge of Twilight proceeds with title unchanged”

FUZZYEYES™ approached EDGE® Games several months ago, with the intent to resolve any issues arising out of both companies use of the mark "EDGE." Fuzzyeyes, developer of the game titled "Edge of Twilight," sought to address any potential trademark conflicts. Through amicable negotiations, Fuzzyeyes and Edge Games have arrived at a satisfactory arrangement that addresses the concerns of both parties. This arrangement allows the highly anticipated Edge of Twilight to proceed with its title unchanged, and without infringement on any trademarks held by Edge Games.

Lu, Wei-Yao
CEO of FUZZYEYES™

About EDGE OF TWILIGHT

Edge of Twilight is a 3rd person action adventure game in development for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Gameplay is split between combat, puzzle-solving and exploration. These elements will in turn be split between the two parallel planes of reality that only the player may traverse; the spiritually influenced, Lithern night realm, and the industrial, Athern dominated, day realm.

Official Website: www.edge-of-twilight.com

For latest trailer:

Phone – +61 7 3014 9888
Fax – +61 7 3341 6660

The guy isn't that stupid, he knew if he screwed these guies the same way he did with mobigame he'd be pretty much burnt alive not only by the indie community, but also by the mainstream gaming community.
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: July 24, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

This is the kind of thing that's so bad for my blood pressure. I find it appalling to find comments in there defending the pusbag's actions. He's a friggin trademark squatter for god's sake, he hasn't worked on a game in 15(maybe more) years, and even then, they were either bad license softwares, or good games he did not pay the developer for. But really, we all have to act civilized, because it's a legal matter, even though this talentless hack might literally be ruining yet another dev. I dare say, Tim Langdell is a putrid piece of garbage juice congealing slowly in the trash bin's lowest groove, and anyone willfully attending any of his 'lectures', 'classes' or any other public venues where he makes his grotesque appearance is taking sides, and it's not the proper one. Unless you go there to heckle. Then you win.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

If I were mobigame I'd rename my game "Langdell the asshat". I'm sure it's legal!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Oddbob
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »

Re-read what Papazian said again. He claims we tried to ask him for money "at first" but he also confirms we tried to get him to take a FREE license to EDGY. We did NOT register EDGY in response to him proposing it as if to stop him using it (that is the lie he has tried to get people to believe), we registered it just after he agreed we would register it as part of a deal we understood we had reached with him and license it back from us at not cost. Again, every proposal we have made to Papazian for well over two months has not involved them paying anything. The only reason we filed for EDGY is because Papazian first said he agreed to us doing it then he changed his mind. Yes, perhaps the terms did not agree with him when he reflected on them. But that is totally different from the allegation that we registered EDGY just to stop him changing the game's name. That isn't true.

Read the Fuzzyeyes statement again and stop saying things like Edge filed Edge of Twilight 'at the most opportune moment.' The confirmation of amicable talks going on for months should have been sufficient for you to appreciate your theories as to what was going on were wrong.

From the Develop comments.

Just fucking amazing. *shakes head*
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 24, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »

If I were mobigame I'd rename my game "Langdell the asshat". I'm sure it's legal!
Then he'd sue you for slander.

Although I doubt he would win the case, as it's not an inaccurate title. See, I'd name it something like "BEAT the SHIT out of TIM LANGDELL"

"BEAT the SHIT out of TIM LANGDELL 2: NOW it's SERIOUS"
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »

Ow man we should make a compo about that edge/langdell shit.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »

Ow man we should make a compo about that edge/langdell shit.
Dude, that idea is SPOT. ON.  Durr...? Hand Point Right Hand Point Right
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »

"BEAT the SHIT out of TIM LANGDELL"

...I've got to get me one of those exorcision bats next time I go to the vatican.

Working on HeliBrawl
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic