Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:38:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425297 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: July 31, 2009, 02:47:37 AM »

This guy is a piece of shit... Huh?
Someone please find the restraining order stuff Well, hello there!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #841 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:39 AM »

found this site, apparently it returned 1 result for langdell in CA: http://www.criminalregistry.org/index.php

not sure how reputable it is though, it costs money to get the search result. Someone want to bite the bullet?

barfmatic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 31, 2009, 02:24:07 PM »

Oh dear… Tim is still at it! He has been doing this for years.

The Tim Langdell Troll Guide

1.Find’s potential trademark infringement using ‘EDGE’ or ‘Masters of the Game’
2. Makes up some IP with similar name to entice the developer/publisher to take proceedings or use as evidence including some made up screen shots/logo’s or mock ups probably done by students
3.Even makes up merchandise as part of the evidence because it’s cheap to make and is hard to prove in court when it was conceived, not sure this has worked for him as yet?
4.Uses hand drawn scribble documents as evidence and hand dates it if it looks like it may go to court
5.Threatens legal action knowing full well most will settle out of court apart from a few bigger publishers which challenged him and won!
6.Makes agreements with them to settle out of court using his ‘EDGE’ license so then he can plagiarism them and adds their product to his website and claims he invented or worked with them to create the IP.
7.Updates his website with his new additional ‘EDGE’ brand
8.Builds his empire from the hard work of others staking claim to it!
9.Why pay when you can get it for free!

Whilst I was working at the Edge they did not create any hardware devices we only developed software.

Whilst the Edge/Softek international was a publisher I don’t think they owned the rights to many of the games Tim Langdell is claiming, it has been mentioned that ‘Edge’ do not own the rights to Bobby Bearing and I bleave this may be the case with many of the titles.

The reason the back catalogue has many titles, these were part of a budget range called ‘The Micro Selection’ again I think these were licensed and he is claiming them as ‘Edge’ owned IP. The only way we will know is if the developers of these titles are still around as the original publishers such as Anco are long gone.

The Edge also claim it used to be a distributor of ‘Sega’ hardware, the only distribution deal I know of was the one Sega had with Ariolasoft, they were in Covent Garden in fact around the corner from the offices in Southampton Street could this be another exaggerated fact concocted by Tim Langdell?

I am also lead to believe when ‘EDGE’ moved to the states, developers were not the only people that lost out on what he owed them…

This is sick. How does this guy get away with this?
barfmatic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 31, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

PUBLIC STATEMENT

23rd August 2009

“Edge of Twilight proceeds with title unchanged”

FUZZYEYES™ approached EDGE® Games several months ago, with the intent to resolve any issues arising out of both companies use of the mark "EDGE." Fuzzyeyes, developer of the game titled "Edge of Twilight," sought to address any potential trademark conflicts. Through amicable negotiations, Fuzzyeyes and Edge Games have arrived at a satisfactory arrangement that addresses the concerns of both parties. This arrangement allows the highly anticipated Edge of Twilight to proceed with its title unchanged, and without infringement on any trademarks held by Edge Games.

Lu, Wei-Yao
CEO of FUZZYEYES™

About EDGE OF TWILIGHT

Edge of Twilight is a 3rd person action adventure game in development for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Gameplay is split between combat, puzzle-solving and exploration. These elements will in turn be split between the two parallel planes of reality that only the player may traverse; the spiritually influenced, Lithern night realm, and the industrial, Athern dominated, day realm.

Official Website: www.edge-of-twilight.com

For latest trailer:

Phone – +61 7 3014 9888
Fax – +61 7 3341 6660

Anyone else notice this says August 23? Is this even real or more bullshit?
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 31, 2009, 03:02:25 PM »

Man, I come back to this thread every few days to find some fresh fucked up news about good ol' Tim. It never disappoints. You guys are doing a great job.  Gentleman

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: July 31, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »

No, it's real. Just look at what Langdel did to the logo.  Cry

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 31, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »

That site is kind of useless, btw. I was drunk and I ordered a report on Tim Langdell and it doesn't actually have any criminal records of him

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 31, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »

Shocked

Well, that sucks. On the other hand, I hadn't heard of the game before the whole Langdell thing. So, uh, that's... positive.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: July 31, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »

Okay, so maybe I'm remembering things differently, since the logo seems to be mostly unchanged since 2007.

With "Edge of" in a different style than "Twilight" while looking very similar to the Edge Games logo, I can see how Tim Langdel would have the advantage here.

So the document might actually still be fake, since Edge of Twilight's website doesn't mention Edge Games in their disclaimer at the bottom or anywhere else on the site.

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: July 31, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »

That site is kind of useless, btw. I was drunk and I ordered a report on Tim Langdell and it doesn't actually have any criminal records of him

ah damnit, sorry about that. i'll buy you a beer sometime, but for now:  Beer!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: August 01, 2009, 12:37:36 AM »

So the document might actually still be fake, since Edge of Twilight's website doesn't mention Edge Games in their disclaimer at the bottom or anywhere else on the site.

No, the document's real - I got a copy sent directly to my inbox from Fuzzyeyes.  The date thing is just a typo.  Also, I think the logo's always looked like that and it's pretty common to extrude the middle bar of the "E".
bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 01, 2009, 04:53:45 AM »

The information made available through the Chilling Effects group should be invaluable to people who have received a Cease and Desist letter. Hell, they helped Google with their C&D letters from Scientologists.
A comprehensive article on C&D letters can be found here.
I'll sum it up for the loosely interested:

C&Ds are meant to scare people into submission. Through a C&D, I request, in a formal and intimidating manner, that you stop doing something. This request can be reasonable, or laughable, depending on the facts and up-holdable laws. If you don't ask for legal advice, the above distinction won't matter : you'll probably cave in even if you don't have to.

Concerning the Velocity Micro C&D letter, EDGE's request is legally laughable. Velocity Micro is a computer hardware company, and operates on the computer hardware market. EDGE Games is a computer game developer and publisher. To enforce the trademark, a court would have to find that these markets are the same. Similar examples from the article make it clear that these are just scare tactics.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:31:19 AM by bigbossSNK » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »

From the comments on the Develop article about The Chaos Engine and Tim Langdell:

Quote from: Friend
If memory serves me correct isn't it Mr Langdell who has a restricting order against him in Santa Monica for stalking a beautiful actress (very weird story) and he was thrown out of BAFTA LA because of it I believe? (I read the papers in Santa Monica). Most people in video games will not have anything to do with him. He was an intensley disliked figure in the 80's. I think in the UK you call these people Vexatious Litigants. Something usually tips them over The Edge eventually!

So it turns out this is actually true - there was a restraining order taken out against Tim Langdell by an actress.  (The person who found this information and brought it to me would like to remain anonymous.)

https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/CivilCaseSummary/index.asp

Scroll to the bottom of this page, enter SS014653 as the case number, and then hit "Search".

Case Number: SS014653
ALEXANDRA JAGO VS TIMOTHY R. LANGDELL

Filing Date: 08/15/2006
Case Type: Civil Harassment (General Jurisdiction)

09/14/2006 at 08:30 am in Department WEA, Linda K. Lefkowitz, Presiding
Order to Show Cause - Pet Granted/Order Signed & Filed

The actress is Alexandra "Alexa" Jago (IMDB).  She is affiliated with BAFTA/LA in some way (here's a photo of her on the BAFTA/LA website).  Not only that, but Tim designed her website!  Here's the website: http://alexajago.com/

Note that Tim tried to have the court records expunged, which was DENIED.  Good call on that, judge!

Also, in the BAFTA/LA bylaws:

Quote from: Section 4. Termination or Suspension of Membership, And Other Disciplinary Measures.
(c) Disciplinary Termination or Suspension of Regular Voting Member. The membership
of any regular voting member may be terminated or suspended for any period (or some lesser disciplinary measures imposed) if the Board determines that the member

(i) has breached the Code of Conduct, or

(ii) has engaged in conduct materially and seriously prejudicial to the purpose of the
Corporation, or

(iii) has been convicted of a crime (other than a violation of the Vehicle Code of
California or other state); or

(iv) has had a restraining order or injunction issued against him/her for unlawful
harassment; or

(v) has had his/her membership of any BAFTA entity terminated or suspended; or

(vi) has conducted himself/herself in a manner which may be prejudicial to the security
or wellbeing of the members of the Corporation

The Board amended the bylaws to include this on September 5, 2007.  The restraining order was filed on August 18, 2006.  So yeah, it's not hard to imagine who the amendment was added for.

I wasn't planning on frontpaging this, because it's not directly related to Edge Games (I might add it as a small note on the Edge Games page).  But HOLY CRAP.  Just when you thought this man couldn't be more horrendous.

Maybe if Tom Buscaglia gets stalked he'll finally get the fucking picture.  IGDA... Facepalm
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:44:45 PM by Derek » Logged
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

I'd like to second this:  Facepalm

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #854 on: August 02, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

Epileptic

I feel weird after reading that.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: August 02, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »

Working on HeliBrawl
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: August 02, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »

Daaaaaa....
Looks like Tims secret weakness is TEH WIMENS.

Or something like that.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 02, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »

Beauty sued the beast.
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #858 on: August 02, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »

Looks like Tims secret weakness is TEH WIMENS.

Big Laff Big Laff Big Laff

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »

I wonder what his wife says to that...  Well, hello there!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic