Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:30:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425178 times)
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 03, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »

You guys do realize that HeWhoMustNotBeNamed is reading this thread, right?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 03, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »

Oh god, get the Aurors! Voldemort's meddling in our forum!
Oddbob
« Reply #882 on: August 03, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »

You guys do realize that HeWhoMustNotBeNamed is reading this thread, right?

Like I give a shit! Smiley
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #883 on: August 03, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »

What's this I hear about TimLangdelmort?
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 03, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »

Honestly, if he hadn't actually won some of these cases, this would just seem to be a pitiful case of a man plunging into a self-deluded madness, but since he has, it's hard to feel pity for him.
To this day, Tim Langdell's company has won absolutely no trademark related cases in any court of law.

Wait... really? So how did the whole EDGE magazine and Velocity Micro thing happen? I think that I grossly misunderstood some of these happenings...

* goes back to re-read things *

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 03, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »

I dunno, even if there's no legal basis behind his extortion, the fact that he's able to so effectively exploit peoples' ignorance of the law for so many years is... a certain KIND of savvy.
The key to that point is effective use of people's ignorance. To this day, Langdell's buffoonery has added nothing to his company's assets, therefore we can't speak of effectiveness. When any of his threats reach the court, they're either dismissed by the judge or withdrawn in a weak settlement. FAIL.
And with Cybernet's trial coming up, it's not a bright future for Edge Games.
The only reason Langdell "accomplished" to get EDGE off the Apple Store, is because of Apple's sensitivity to trademark issues. If the situation was communicated to Apple's legal section correctly, even this issue might have been avoided.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: August 03, 2009, 01:47:54 PM »

Yeah, his entire scheme is based on the idea that they never DO get to court. His 'business savvy' is that he gets people either scared of the legal system or unwilling to put up with the hassle and gets them to make concessions to him without the courts ever getting involved (because he knows that if they do he'll lose).

bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 03, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »

His 'business savvy' is that he gets people either scared of the legal system or unwilling to put up with the hassle and gets them to make concessions to him without the courts ever getting involved
That kind of strategy only works until someone stands up to your bullying and sues you. Which is what Cybernet Systems is doing. It's the kind of business savvy so close to bankruptcy and foreclosure only a buffoon exhibits.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #888 on: August 03, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »

Yeah it's basically the same kind of business savvy as taking out a huge loan and bringing it to Vegas  :D

MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 03, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »

rofl guies Voldemort was supposed to be feared by everyone, Langdell is the exact opposite, he's everyone's laugh of the day, at least for me.  Big Laff
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:06 PM »

Yeah it's funny until you remember all the talented developers he's driven out of the game business.
Well, okay, the actress stalking thing is still pretty hilarious, but it's tempered by holy-shit-how-is-this-guy-not-in-prison.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »

Let's not forget how someone (probably him or his friend the mob lawyer) came to this forum and started sending graphic pictures of dead/tortured people to some members' PMs

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: August 03, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »

Uh, I don't think we can blame every troll on Tim Langdell unless we see IP evidence or something.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 03, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »

Tim Langdell turned me into a newt!

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 03, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »

But you look fine to me!  Corny Laugh Hand Point Right Hand Point Right
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: August 03, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »

Tim Langdell did not turn me into a rabbit.

...oh! But uh... this hangnail! I was getting angry so I chewed my nails and got a hang-nail! That blimey slastard!

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #896 on: August 03, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

Tim Langdell did not turn me into a rabbit.

...oh! But uh... this hangnail! I was getting angry so I chewed my nails and got a hang-nail! That blimey slastard!

A lang-dail?
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: August 03, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 03, 2009, 09:06:25 PM »

?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: August 04, 2009, 04:09:28 AM »

I think this will still end badly for Mobigames. Edge Games is incorporated and I suspect has no real assets of it's own. Tim will not be liable for legal fees or judgements as a share holder. Even if Mobigames wins and counter claims I don't think they will recoup any losses or fees incurred. Edge Games will simply close doors, and Tim will slink off to pastures new, leaving Mobigames with little more than a moral victory.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic