Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:59:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Developer Tools (WIP)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Developer Tools (WIP)  (Read 282573 times)
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »

The Game Space is the oldest 3D model editor which supports Windows 9.x,2000,NT,XP these all platforms.The gameSpace user interface is designed to be intuitive and powerful.

But who needs support for Windows 9.x,2000,NT for 3D modelling tools nowadays?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:46:34 PM by kamac » Logged

beakɍ
Level 0

(っ ºДº)っ ︵ ⌨ GAMEDEV IS LIFE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »

MilkyTracker should be in the sound/music section, it's brilliant.  Grin
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2014, 12:48:19 AM »

Sunvox should be too, especially considering how cross-platform it is (which is something nice that you don't see with music creation programs so much).

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2014, 04:54:35 AM »

Where is Sublime Text on that list? That program is pure awesome, I am using it now to do most of my coding, and if I was its main dev there would be few things that I think that could be done to improve it, it is so near perfect that I fear that trying to improve more might wrap around and end making it suck.

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Jwosty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »

Don't forget about git, which is awesome. Also, GitHub is good for social coding and is probably the most popular Git host, but BitBucket is awesome for small indie teams since private repositories are free for up to five contributors.
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »

There is a nice pack of brushes, palettes, plugins and more for GIMP called Gimp Paint Studio  Hand Point Left
It is free: http://code.google.com/p/gps-gimp-paint-studio/

BapeNAsians
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2014, 07:19:57 PM »

Notepadd++ lol
VIM???
retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »

I am not sure if it is just me, but some of the links are not working  WTF

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:42 PM »

Well the OP was 7 years ago. Some links expire Sad

soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »

The link for musagi is dead.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2014, 06:29:10 AM »

Musagi's here now.

loudo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »

Spriter to make animations (very cheap) or Spine.

HabitRpg to manage tasks like Trello but with some RPG elements to keep you motivated  Tongue

And Stencyl to make cross-platform games for non-developer for non-developer.

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:46 AM »

Don't forget about git, which is awesome. Also, GitHub is good for social coding and is probably the most popular Git host, but BitBucket is awesome for small indie teams since private repositories are free for up to five contributors.

Kidoteca uses Bitbucket Smiley

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Deathassassin05
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »

A few programs that I've came across over time:

Magica Voxel(A 3D modelling program that specializes in voxel modelling.) [http://voxel.codeplex.com/ ]

Sublime Text Editor(can have syntax's programmed into with plugin packages)[http://sublimetext.com ]

Cheat Engine(It's useful for de-bugging at a faster speed, for time-based actions)
[ www.cheatengine.org/ ]

Open Office(Useful for documenting ideas, free clone of MS Office.)
[ https://www.openoffice.org/ ]

And a few others that have already been posted here. A few up there might've, but as far as I could see they hadn't.

felipeprov
Level 0

Let's do it!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »

Sorry if someone already posted it,
But sometimes when you are hours searching why your beautiful code runs at 1fps, one of the most useful and easy to use tools that i know is VerySleepy

http://www.codersnotes.com/sleepy

Works like a charm in windows, and it was the difference between a good or bad night of sleep more times than i am proud to admit.
gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2014, 03:50:04 AM »

Not sure if any use to anyone but me, but I put my texture exporter script for Photoshop up on GitHub.

https://github.com/gimblll/GBL-Texture-Exporter

Trash_Empire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »

This is a Beautiful List.
Most of the tools I use are on this list.
Bravo.
I noticed that the list had very little(if any) DAW's.
I use a DAW on most days.
There are a lot of good ones that come to mind.
Cubase is not free but very useful.
Linux Multimedia Studio (LMMS) is one of my favorites.
It is Open Source and if you just take a couple of hours to get used to the interface,
it can be rather powerful.
Also, FL Studio is pretty good. Smiley Smiley Smiley
MorleyDev
Level 0

"It is not enough for it to just work"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »

Git has more or less won the Source Control war. SVN is dead, long live Git.

And for hosting, don't forget GitLab offer hosting for free unlimited public and private repositories. Which is cool. Also GitLab has an open source community edition you can host yourself if you want (not particularly useful for small game developers, I admit, but free + open source is always a nice thing to be).

Speaking of hosting yourself, I always run my own Jenkins server for build automation. Because having a well-defined build pipeline that compiles all code, runs tests, packages together all the resources with the compiled binaries into an distributable archive, and then uploads that archive for QA...well, there's time spent setting it up and maintaining it, but that workflow is so nice and saves so much time in the long-run. Plus having a defined process is just cleaner.

For issue tracking, GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket all provide a basic issue tracker that's passable. GitHub's can be combined with Huboard to create a Kanban board for actually tracking workflow effectively (yay iterations and stories).

I've had an okay experience hosting my own Bug Genie. But the lack of a Kanban board is a little disappointing, and it has a somewhat confused handling of "milestones" vs "sprints" (can't associate a story with a milestone AND a sprint). But if you already have a PHP-based MySQL-backed website it's an easy-set-up-and-use thing.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »

Git has more or less won the Source Control war. SVN is dead, long live Git.

I'm seeing plenty of people lately get fed up with git and swing back around to svn. I'm of the opinion that git is a fad that's not going to stick around long term.

MorleyDev
Level 0

"It is not enough for it to just work"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2014, 04:45:52 AM »

Really? I've not seen that, but I've mostly been in the business software side of things. Git may be worse for game development. It's definitely not suited for storing your binary artefacts in, which isn't of particular importance for most business software. For teams that use CI, TDD, Kanban etc, it's generally argued that git is much better suited (which are more common in business).

Speaking of binaries, are there any good binary versioning systems out there (so good for executables, images, videos, sound files etc.)? Like I said, SVN is well suited for this, so storing source code in git and artefacts in SVN would be a good solution.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:35:06 PM by MorleyDev » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic