Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:59:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsSORTOF TIGJAM : Bivouac Urbain (Quebec city, Canada)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SORTOF TIGJAM : Bivouac Urbain (Quebec city, Canada)  (Read 6773 times)
plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

Hi everybody!,

I present myself, Philippe Lehoux, I'm organizing an Arts & games festival call Bivouac Urbain in downtown Quebec city this summer.

A game prototyping competition will be held during the course of the week-end (7 to 9 august) in a outside Big Top.  For the moment all the documentation on the web site is in french, but if some of you guys are interested in coming I can easily translate it english.

Inscription are 60$CAN but the foods is include for the week-end and there is more than 10 000$ in prize. (including three adobe creative suite).  The competition is held in action script and open source frame work are allowed.  It's 80% creativity, 20% technicality.

If you are broke and you still want to come, there's surely a way to make a deal! ;-)  I can find really cheap accommodation alternative!

I invest a lot in this event!!  I would really love to see some you make the trip to Quebec.  If you want to plan some tourist activity around your trip there's lot  things to do in Quebec during august:

A new and free Outdoor Crique Du Soleil show called : Le rêve.

The biggest architectural projection in the world : http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2008/07/10/qc-lepage-cp-0710.html

Nightlife is great!

Have any question... i'm there!!

p.s. here is the french poster...

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:51:18 PM by plehoux » Logged
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »

This sounds cool. I sometimes wish I were Canadian. You guys got some sweet things. :O

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »

Héhé but you get the BIG Smiley!  I've cross Germany on my bicycle in 2007, I really enjoyed your country!
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 07:04:05 AM »

This sounds cool. I sometimes wish I were Canadian. You guys got some sweet things. :O

that's seconded and thirded.
(I was actually working on a song called I Want To Be From Canada.)

and I've got 3 days to get to Quebec from Berlin.
hmmm.  Hand Fork LeftHuh?Hand Knife Right

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »

Nobody from the Est coast interested? 

Imagine 48 hours in a big top with fellow game developpers!!! it will be a blast!   Beer!

There's also a big party plane with a lot of 8bits love!!!
messhof
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »

I am going to this. Should be awesome, I hope more people decide to come!

moboid
Level 0

I know it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »

I am going to this. Should be awesome, I hope more people decide to come!

Me too!  Renaud and I are gonna reprise the Kokoromi/Polytron (Polyromi?) team mashup.

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »

Polyromi represent. Cool

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »

Polyromi represent. Cool

Nice Heather!  Was great to meet you at the Toy Company 4 last saturday!
moboid
Level 0

I know it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 06:24:12 AM »

Hey Philippe -  some questions!

Your first message says the jam is in actionscript, but at toy company you said it's not like that anymore, right?   Is there any restrictions now on software to use?

For hardware, does everyone have to bring their own machine or is it possible some could be provided if people need them?

Is there an English poster yet?  Well, hello there!

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 11:30:59 AM »

We opened up the competition to any frameworks or language who can compile a .exe  (+ .swf)!  It's really more about creativity then the technology Cave Story!

You bring your own soft and hardware...  but if you really can't bring it (something I doubt) ... we will find you some old 486 or something!  :D 
Michael Todd
Level 0

Wandering Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 01:59:09 AM »

I'll be back from NoMoreSweden by then, we need to have a Toronto Indie Roadtrip!

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »

@thegamedesigner  that would be nice!   If some of you guys want to come I can help you with lodging! Durr...?
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »

Well, it's over, and it's been awesome. Smiley

Blog coverage of the event (in french) : http://ginadesjardins.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/les-gagnants-du-bivouac-urbain/

I don't think the event was very popular for tigsource dwellers, but here are the entries of members that I know : me and moboid, anna and messhof.

And the whole game list : http://www.bivouacurbain.com/competition/jeux-2009/

My personal favourites are Bobsicle, Jetpack Basketball (in multiplayer with NES controllers), Blossom and Match Nul.

Looking forward to next year's Bivouac!

plehoux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »

Some pictures :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41395095@N04/
Anna
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

Yeah, it was quite awesome! I'm so glad that I got to participate, even though my entry was not very good.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »

Looks like fun times! Hopefully by this time next year I'll be living in Canada as well and be able to participate.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic