Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:16:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoThe Zombie Apocalypse Training Simulator
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Zombie Apocalypse Training Simulator  (Read 30127 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 05:14:01 PM »

Thanks. Still working on it, getting a player moving around needs me to actually have most of the basic internal logic working, or else I'd just have to rewrite it.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »

I just read the Zombie Survival Guide. It's pretty interesting, though obviously it only focuses on one kind of zombie. Still, a valuable source of material.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »

Update:

It doesn't LOOK like much, but there's a good bit of stuff going on here behind the scenes. Still a lot of work ahead of me.

Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

This is basically one of the games I've always wanted to make just so I could play in. On that note, FINISH THIS EVEN IF YOU RUN OUT OF TIME FOR THE COMPETITION, YOU WILL BE A HERO AMONG MEN
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 09:59:14 AM »

I'm going to keep working on it, but the chances of it making the deadline are nil. It's too complex for it, even if I was working on it non-stop I'd probably only have a barely playable alpha with very little of what I want in it, and making it simpler is out of the question for what I want it to be.

These days I had gotten a big inspiration on another project so I had been focusing on that a bit, but I'll get back to this one eventually.

I'm going to use it to build a good structure for Flash-based roguelikes, which I plan on using for other games (and overall to test the feasability of that concept. I mean, imagine playing your favorite rogue on any browser?). I'm probably going to create a devlog for it after the deadline, since I've been needing some help getting this to work properly. Rogues are even more complicated in  an environment made for real-time games, it seems.

For those curious, the other games I plan on making with this engine are a pokemon-based rogue and one about surviving in the wild (as usual after a plane crash. You can't have disaster without planes!) which should be similar to this one in many aspects, but focusing on dealing with wild animals and other issues instead of z's.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

Awww dude, but youll finish it right?  Ill love you long time if you finish it.  Grin

Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »

I love the sound of your future game concepts. I've always liked the idea of using rogues as really sandbox-y games, especially survival simulations. The amount of complexity one can fit inside a roguelike is perfect the genre. I had some big, fantastic ideas for a post-apocalyptic roguelike centered around rebuilding the world from the ashes of civilization and all that, but I get the feeling that such a project would be somewhere in the area of Dwarf Fortress in complexity (not that I won't try anyway at some point).

In any case, I am hell of looking forward to anything you to manage to finish or at least put out for the public to play.
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »

I've always like zombie games so even if you don't make a deadline, please finish this! Smiley

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »

Does anyone here know of other rogues that work in browsers?

Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 11:47:29 AM »

Does anyone here know of other rogues that work in browsers?
Wayfarer is a pretty recent and decent one.
http://benhem.com/games/wayfarer/

And RogueBasin has a whole list of browser-based roguelikes.
http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Browser
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »

Thanks. Smiley

And is it me or is your post-count not increasing since the last 2 posts? Shocked

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »

Also, cool, none about zombies. Beer!

Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »

No problem, always happy to help out a fellow roguelike fan/developer with interesting ideas. Aaand that's a possibility, the internet works in all kinds of mysterious ways.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:02 PM »

Zomband might help in your studies.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:58 PM »

so how's the progress coming along? been waiting for this game from the start of the compo.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »

Slow, but going. I've been working a lot on my projects, but there are priorities to it. I'm thinking of focusing on some projects that would give me some financial return. Still, it's very far from dead, though I've hit a bit of a stump as far as engine implementation goes.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic