Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:46:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoI HAVE CANDY GET IN THE VAN [NSFW] [V1.000]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: I HAVE CANDY GET IN THE VAN [NSFW] [V1.000]  (Read 131677 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

I haven't played much of this game yet, but I must comment that it is hilarious that you start with a different kind of van/bus every week.  :D
deathtotheweird
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

When I start the game, a few screens show up and disappear instantly. I figured it was your logo or something, or a disclaimer. Oh well.

I don't think I ever commented on this game, but I liked it. It was more fun than Edmund in terms of gameplay. I also thought it was more..disturbing? I guess...than Edmund. It's just you don't see any 'action' and you don't hear gross rape sounds. This is definitely my favorite gameplay wise. Glad you at least got 3rd place. Congrats   Beer!

Looking forward to more games from ya, definitely.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words.  As for the bugs mentioned...I will never be free.  I'll fix them right now.

Let me know if any other serious errors pop up.  As for games in the future?  I got a few short arcade toys planned just so I can play around with Pygame, Flixel, and Java.  As for my next serious project... well.  I guess I'll have to figure that out.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
WonderWorm
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »

Good things:
* I like how if you start going down the "evil" paths, eventually you don't get the option of changing. The game stops letting you choose non-sick responses (unless you skip the lessons altogether).
* I love the classroom interface with the moving answers.
* And when the cops run over somebody.
* I'm amused by the 9-Eleven. Nice touch.
* Thanks for adding the option to change the controls.
This is neither her nor there, but what is Suzy's affliction?

Things I hope you fix:
* I encountered a bug twice where I couldn't get a child. She'd approach and stand where they usually go in and then flash. I don't think I could hit her, either. After I lost and started a new game, that kid still couldn't get in, and I had to quit and restart to solve the problem.
* You mentioned adding a save option, but I don't see it. I would really like it for two reasons: the sadistic endings can be hard to get and it's irritating to have to start over every time I get caught by the cops, and I would like to be able to save my settings for options and unlocked endings. There are enough endings to unlock that I don't want to play through the game in one sitting.
* There's no way to keep track of time in the driving around part of the game. Sometimes it ends before I'm done with everything I wanted to do. I get the impression that being pulled over by the cops when you've done nothing wrong wastes some of your time.
* More hints in the html readme, please. To get the teaching ending, am I supposed to pick the wrong answer a lot, but not go either abusive route? How do I get kids who are afraid of me? How do I play the game if I'm ignoring children, and how do I leave town? Also maybe put in a link to the forum so I can check for new versions or send other people to get the game.

Minor bugs:
* The volume is a little off. It's hard to hear the sound effects with the music on.
* There's a disclaimer at the start? I haven't seen it.
* Do the people start each week where they were last week? Because I had a biker get stuck trying to go into a bush once and on the other side of the bridge fence once, and they kept showing up there, jerking back and forth, unable to move.
* At the beginning of each week, it says "Set controls in options," but there doesn't seem to be a way to get there without exiting the game. Is there supposed to be?
* Sometimes in a Yes/No dialog, I can't get to Yes with the arrows; it keeps moving back down, as if the down key is being held. I can fix this by moving over Yes with the mouse.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

* There's a disclaimer at the start? I haven't seen it.

* At the beginning of each week, it says "Set controls in options," but there doesn't seem to be a way to get there without exiting the game. Is there supposed to be?

I had these issues as well. I didn't care as much about the controls though. The disclaimer seems to flash real quick, within a millisecond. Quite odd.

I'd rather you work on your current game than bother with fixing these bugs. The name of the game and the readme are de facto disclaimers, and the controls are commonly used for indie games (and others).
SidM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »

deathtotheweird
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »

haha oh wow, thats hilarious.

however pedobear should be replaced with a creepy balding redneck from the south, missing teeth and all.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »

Suzy's affliction?  Hmm...it's not too difficult to determine.  There's actually stuff going on with all the kids if you pay attention to the descriptions and dialog.

As for the bugs...um, yeah I'm done with the game.  I can't ever reproduce this "can't-grab-child" bug.  The only thing I can suggest is dazing them a bit and picking them up.  Also, are you using the latest version (1.000)?  There was a bug earlier where dead children would appear to be alive but couldn't be picked up, but I fixed it already.

-The game autosaves after every level.
-There is no timelimit on stage 1.  It "ends" when you pick up all the kids and visit the hotspots.
-If you want to teach your kids, you should pick the right answer.  Field trips also help.
-If a kid is scared of you, pick up a kid who ISN'T scared of you.  Then the scared kids will suddenly become curious about you again.
-You leave town by exiting the game.

-The volume is fine on some compies and not fine on others, I did notice that.
-The disclaimer was removed in the latest version.  It was only there for the compo.  I decided I didn't like it.
-Yeah, I know the problem with yes/no, I didn't do mouse input quite correctly.

I'm working on my next project now, so this one isn't getting fixed.  I'm surprised I killed as many bugs as I did for my first real game.  Hopefully my second game is a bit more successful.  It's being developed right now.  It's about an old man.  Details later in some new thread.  Maybe.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »

I'm sorry if it's been stated before, but the download link has gone down. Hand Any Key
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »

Aw man, sorry.  I moved the download when my site got "canceled" by Bluehost (the bastards.)

Try http://www.aquinhasa.com/

It's on there.  I'll update the link in the first post.

Censor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

I absolutely CANNOT get this game to work. I extract it and click the exe but it goes straight to not responding.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:16:58 PM by Censor » Logged
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »

Sorry man, that's my fault.  I uploaded an older buggier version when I moved my site.

The latest version of the game is now back online at that same link.  It'll work now!

Censor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »

Yesss, I look forward to playing. : D

Edit: What an excellent game, why didn't this win first?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:38:45 PM by Censor » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »

I think it got pretty close.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
jkd003
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2010, 05:24:37 AM »

Fantastic game!
I think you have a wonderful sense of humor and this game was a blast to play. I just could not stop laughing!
One Bug:
I was trying to hide from the police and I drove over a fence and oh no I'm not good with vans! I did this two games in a row by crossing over the bottom fence:

But I found it went both ways and I was able to exit by driving past the bottom right corner of the screen.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:24:44 AM by jkd003 » Logged
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »

Well, jkd, the bug is yours.  Sometimes I just gotta let things go.  Wink

gamegame
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

Could someone please reupload this game? The webspace expired...
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »

I updated the first post with the new link.  I'm hosting it at mediafire since I don't have a website anymore.  It's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1aggopve1j91cs8

Man, I haven't posted anything here in months!  What the heck have I been up to lately?  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic