Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:03:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoI Love You 2 [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: I Love You 2 [FINISHED]  (Read 40800 times)
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »

Yeah, that game was strangely... erotic.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »

Yeah, that game was strangely... erotic.

And yet at the same time... kinda not.  WTF

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 02:47:47 PM »

I dunno man, bumping that red line back and forth and having it beep faster and faster....

I need to get outside more often.  Shrug

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

I need to get outside more often.  Shrug

Regardless of who's right, this probably applies to all of us.  :D

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
mirosurabu
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »

Flash version is now done.

Play here

What's new?
  • It's in flash now. (no?)
  • #-levels are now easier
  • The "painful" level is now improved and the underlying emotion is more evident (easier to experience)
  • The "back-and-forth" levels are now providing you with a nice reward
  • Some minor tweaks to other levels
  • MochiAds (how many cents I'm going to earn?)

Is it worth playing again?
Why not?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:32 AM »

Nice game; makes an excellent (and a bit more subtle) sequel (though it was quite a bit more strange).  Matching gameplay with the main character's emotions was a great idea, and it was implemented well.

I found the # levels to be a bit frustrating, but a nice blend of timing and bludgeoning-through the levels let me get through.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »

Spoilers follow.

The story is so pathetic, I don't know what to think of it. It's like really bad pulp fiction, but without the titillation. Made me a bit disgusted. The guy gets turned on by his sister (but obviously doesn't care about her otherwise), and by the end, the sister is all 'let's have sex'. Know what I mean? All the emotions are plastic, fake. Carnal desire is tacked on top of some hentai stereotypes without real interest on them as people.

Interesting.

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »

I found the middle level to be too frustrating and the ending isn't really rewarding compare to the amount of energy I've spent on trying to pass that level Mock Anger

Still, the game is interesting or else I'd given up on that level already lol. It's just I expect more from it after that level.  Anyway, this is a clever way to tell a story. Interesting indeed Smiley

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »

This is fantastic!

I even forgive the horrible and unfun back-and-forth levels that I hated. Seriously, those are unnecessary, especially with the inertia.

Otherwise it is great! The story is bad but great at the same time Smiley

twitter: @docky
mirosurabu
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys! Smiley

As for the story I wish it was better. I always tend to rush my experimental efforts which is why I didn't make a coherent story this time. And, there's a reason why I put that disclaimer. Wink
Joku
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »

Great game.

It was frustrating trying to tell her how I felt, but I loved the twist that followed.

I thought the masturbation scenes were really well done. In particular I thought it was ingenious how your "avatar" grew in the second scene to not only indicate your level of arousal, but also to increase the rate of the back and forth motions.

The ending after the twist seemed a bit forced, but even through that, the emotions of the player felt genuine.
increpare
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 12:08:18 AM »

I must admit, on a slightly tangential topic, that I just consciously realized that you and malec2b are different people (i had assumed one had changed their account name at some point and become another).  Untangling your respective histories is not a task I look forward to...

(also, I like this, but you know that)
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »

This is great. It's a shame it probably wont ever reach as much fame (or infamy) as games like Marriage, Passage, I Wish I were the Moon, etc but I feel it has reached if not surpassed that level of depth of metaphorical meaning conveyed through gameplay. It's probably better off that way (more indy cred to you ya know  Gentleman)

I'm going to have to say, the twist at the end was too unexpected and detracted from the sincere personal recount of confession. I don't see the point other than just to shock and slap the player and consequently the message in the rest of the game. If I'm missing something, please explain.

As for the insanely difficult confession part. I want to say it was much too difficult but I played all the way through and probably could have gone on trying much longer so maybe it's at a good level of difficulty. It's certainly making a point by being so difficult. I guess my real reason for complaint about this though is that this game ceases to be something I can casually show my friends or put on display or used in social settings in general since the confession part will inevitably take at least ten minutes leading to awkward moments and I doubt most people will play through to the end if they're with other people. (then again, I was with my roommate and we spent like 20 minutes on it just so we could see the ending)

Anyways, this is really a great game. You have a knack for using gameplay itself to deliver messages in a subtle and humorous way. I went back and played the original and it was great too. But I really like the new visual style you picked up for this awesome sequel Smiley.
mirosurabu
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 03:29:38 AM »

Thanks for the review chippermonky, that certainly made my day! Smiley

The twist at the end was a result of rushing the game more than anything else. I am really sorry it turned out that way as I believe I could make it a lot better. But oh well, better luck next time.

I can also assure you that I will continue expanding on this storytelling idea for I think there's still something valuable to be found on this path.

Cheers Smiley
Alex!
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »

I made an account just to tell you how great I thought this game was.

The story was a bit silly, but the means of telling it was silly. I probably wouldn't have been as satisfied with it if I hadn't played the non-flash version, with the harder # section. I literally tore some hair out, and that made it all the more satisfying when I finally completed it and essentially said what I needed to say. Besides that, the Trying To Tell Me Something room where you can't move was probably my favourite. Though, I agree that probably the cleverest room was the Thinking of Her one, with the increase in size resulting in an increase in frequency. Was that intentional, or just a happy coincidence? Because it works perfectly.

Anyway, unless the remaining entries absolute blow me away, this is getting a vote.
Noah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

Thanks for another great game. Hang on to that grasp of symbolism you have, it's amazing.
Everything of yours I've played has been brilliant, so keep it up! I'm really looking forward to Faceless, and I know it'll be great as well.
Hope you're feeling spectacular!
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »

I really picked up on the awkwardness vibe in the level where it revoked control periodically.  Good show, chap!   Gentleman

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
mirosurabu
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »

Thank you for your comments! (:

For what it's worth, a new game from me is coming out soon that is similar in structure to this one. If you're into this kind of storytelling experiments - watch out.

Cheers
(:
jkd003
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2010, 03:59:08 AM »

Fantastic use of interactive metaphors!
And finding out it was his sister was a interesting twist!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic