Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 11:18:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoSuper Cock Blockers [FINISHED] [NSFW]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Super Cock Blockers [FINISHED] [NSFW]  (Read 120864 times)
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:01:21 PM »

Download
Controls, Instructions, and Combos are all explained in-game, don't forget to read them!

Overview
In a utopian world where everyone is naked and unashamed of their sexuality, women surround themselves
with subservient armies of happy, willing, virile men and control all wealth. Despite this feminist dreamworld,
they are not above bickering and jealousy. Our story involves two such ladies who have built a friendly rivalry
over the years. After a particularly bitter attack on each other's sexual prowess over the phone, they declare
war and vow to make the other, literally, eat her words.

Screenshots

Credits
Concept designed and created by:

Matt "Fishy" Scott
Sam "mrfredman" Goldberg
Shawn "Chris P. Bacon" Fraser

Built off the Gang Garrison 2 engine by:

Simeon "MedO" Maxein
Andrew "cspotcode" Bradley

Art by:

Matt "Fishy" Scott
Sam "mrfredman" Goldberg
Eric "MindsEyeAnime" Pauline

Sound by:

Cory Fraser
Sandra Boulet

Music by:

David "Synnah" Thatcher

© FAUCeT 2009 All rights reserved

First Post
The Faucet Team (responsible for Gang Garrison) has begun work on an entry for this competition.

The game will be made using the Gang Garrison engine (or at least its netcode) and will be a multiplayer, team based, sex-filled action game.

We've been brainstorming for a couple of days, and we have a somewhat solid idea for how gameplay will work. There will be two teams, each with one female and a bunch of males. The point of the game is to capture the opposing team's female and return her to your team's base to make sweet sweet love, while at the same time protecting your team's female from capture.

We haven't quite worked out a lot of the finer details yet, we know that males will likely have three levels of attack; punching, cock-thrusts, and super cock-thrusts (or possibly ejaculatory attacks), all of the attacks will push enemy players back in hopes of keeping them away from your precious female.

We've got a ton more ideas, and I don't want to give them all away quite yet, but if we actually manage to pull this off, I imagine it will be quite epic.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:10:44 AM by mrfredman » Logged
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:24 PM »

Wow... that game  is going to be hilarious!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »

Watch out for the feminists.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »

Watch out for the feminists.
Huh?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »

I just assume they wouldn't be happy about a game in which a woman is a prize to be coveted by a bunch of naked strong men. Shrug

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »

I just assume they wouldn't be happy about a game in which a woman is a prize to be coveted by a bunch of naked strong men. Shrug

They?
Feminism. The belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »

I was worried about this myself, and I assure you we intend this game to be very light-hearted and not at all disrespectful. I'm working with the idea of the women being not only willing participants in the melee, but being the commanders and instigators of the two squads' conflict. The game will probably be more ridiculous than sexy, but in a fun madcap way, while looking good and playing excellent, like other FAUCeT offerings.

More art, and the other half of the cast:
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:07:53 PM »

I was worried about this myself, and I assure you we intend this game to be very light-hearted and not at all disrespectful. I'm working with the idea of the women being not only willing participants in the melee, but being the commanders and instigators of the two squads' conflict.

I think that's a great idea Smiley
If possible, perhaps they can be playable? You could let them be a super unit, played by one member of each team. A bit like the queen in chess: the most powerful unit on the field but too valuable to lose.

fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »

If possible, perhaps they can be playable? You could let them be a super unit, played by one member of each team. A bit like the queen in chess: the most powerful unit on the field but too valuable to lose.

That's the idea, it's more of a VIP game than a capture the x game. What techniques they have and how they interact with the footsoldiers (team and enemy alike) is still being planned.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »

Quick question on the sprites: Is that a party hat or his hair?
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 03:27:37 AM »

Just like communism, there's a very distinct difference between feminism in theory and in practice.  The feminism of which you speak is theoretical.

This was something I was very afraid of when this theme was first discussed. I don't really want to muck up the thread for this game, but I have to say a few words. (Perhaps a discussion of this topic (in a separate thread) is needed in parallel to the competition?)

I don't mind games about murder if it's done by people who don't encourage you to murder in real life. The same goes for Muslim massacres, child molestation and (jokingly) sexist games. But I'm afraid that tigs (with it's predominantly male population) will show itself to be truly sexist and not manage to keep a distance to the adult theme. This game seems absolutely fine by my standards. But the tone of the discussion surrounding it (and the entire compo) seems to indicate that many people hold some (unspoken) sexist attitudes.

Because: No, feminism isn't "just" something abstract or theoretical. The existence of discrimination based on sex is a fact. So is the existence of negative, derogatory and patronizing attitudes against women, feminists and "feminine" things. Being against (and working against) this is called being a feminist. There are a huge number of movements that call themselves feminists and you may not agree with all of them. But that doesn't change the basic meaning of the word and doesn't take anything away from what feminists have managed to achieve.

I truly hope I'm wrong about the attitudes here. From my experience, tigs has always been something of a high-ground on matters like these, compared to other male-dominated-internet-things. But I think there is a need to be on the lookout for bad attitudes. Because this compo probably has the power to both bring out the worst in people and at the same time attract people with bad attitudes (when it comes to sexism).

This is (obviously) speaking in general, because I (obviously) can’t read all this in to Melly’s nor your (bluej774’s) posts. But from my experience comments like these can work like warning flags. Like when someone uses “gay” as a derogatory term and it can be an indicator of homophobia. Or how the telling of racist jokes, that are "just jokes", often goes deeper than just being jokes. But again: I hope I’m super-duper-wrong Shrug

@mrfredman: Sorry for derailing. Your game sounds fantastic and the art is lovely. Smiley

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »

To briefly address your post Dacke, I fully understand your concerns and see similar warning signs in the attitudes towards women in some of these games, but one of the things I really value about TIGSource is the unabashed artistic expression without fear of censorship or repercussions. If it turns out that we are all closet misogynists, than so be it, I don't think we should censor our creations for the sake of preserving some sort of (possibly false) gentlemanly image. That being said, we are working hard to portray women in a positive and empowered light in our game, not for the sake of preserving TIGs moral high-ground, but because we feel it is the right thing to do and would make for a more compelling game.

Again, it'd be nice to have this conversation in a different thread though, because I think there is probably a lot to be said on the matter.

Back to the topic of Super Cock Blockers. Just to clarify, this game is a massive collaboration, and none of the art we have posted so far has been done by me. The two examples you've seen are both fishmatt's work, as is the overall character design. I've been helping out with animation (me and fishy had a mad spriting party last night, and there is tons more hilarious art on the way) and design, but the one manning the artistic helm for this game is fishmatt, so he's the one who should get the props.

And just cause I couldn't post without sharing at least a little artwork, have a cockblock sprite:

fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »

Our heroines:

Preliminary title (needs more cock):

We seem to be aiming for a River-City-Ransom-esque fighting style, with lots of knockdowns, pushback attacks, and enemy-stun-time management, with a little Simpsons Arcade teamup for good measure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:43:28 PM by fishmatt » Logged
Spincut
Level 1

Playing the games you make

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »

Reminds me of Fat Princess (coming?) for the PS3. The extra layer of making the women able to fight adds a bit more depth to the idea, though, and I'm really interested in seeing the end result.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

Thanks for you honest answer mrfredman Smiley
Just to clarify:
* I have no problem with your game at all. It sounds fantastic. Grin
* I would never favour censorship. That would only cover up an existing problem, at best.
* Being made aware of problematic attitudes is generally a good thing. If the compo was to be accompanied with a proper discussion, it would probably only work to make things better.

@fishmat: I have some trouble reading the (large) faces on the heroine-picture. The very strong colour of the eyes and lips pops out as very pixely. In combination with the (dual?) beauty-spots, perhaps it gets a bit messy?

fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 03:04:36 PM »

Well, as of right now it is just 5 colors. I'll see what I can do to smooth out the face area, but I might be getting another artist to do some of the splash art farther down the line so the point will be moot
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »

Sweet can't wait.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »

The game looks dongtacular.

Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »

If it's anything like GG2, I'm probably going to keep playing this game on a regular basis.

So far, the art is great and the idea is fun!
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 06:04:14 PM »

The game looks dongtacular.
Kiss yeehaw cracked

Looks super awesome, guys. Seems like this will be one of the most surreal and silly multiplayer experiences ever!  Beer!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic