Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:47:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: NOiSE :: Robots, scyscrapers, cats, lasers, loads of scratching and biting  (Read 30394 times)
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »

Starting from 3rd of October, NOiSE is officially in the box of "not getting done". We are pulling the plug. It's cancelled. Abandon the fucking ship. Escape! *jumps out* To explain it shortly: not enough time. As usual.

LAST UPDATE : 9th of July, Friday (this is out of date at times  Big Laff)

Wilkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome!
to the devlog of

Team:
Programmer: skyy
Artist: kinnas
Sound/Music: ### <sekretz> ###

About the game:

A dating sim you say!? Maybe not! But It may just be of love and romance
  • high atop skyscrapers,
  • doublejumping from roof to roof and
  • dashing to avoid
  • missiles of tears and explosions by
  • coldhearted soldiers and
  • finding love in most peculiar of places!

And revenge.

NOiSE is a dapper game about a young robot called i and her mishaps and ventures across bright gleaming highrise areas of happy dystopian architecture. Gameplaywise it's a pretty conservative affair with recurring classicist themes of jumping, doublejumping, dashing, slashing and of course gunning. However it does feature a certain shift of focus from the more revered horizontal gameplay to high agility vertical gameplay with a distinct distaste for safe horizontal surfaces. Though some still happen to show up you understand. Gentleman

More info on the story, characters and gameplay as the game developes!

[ Mockup shot, though we can now render the exact scene in game too.. so.. yay Smiley ]

[ Here we go, not a mockup anymore. ]

[ From the actual game. ]

look at her run!  ... SLLLLlllllllooooooooowwwwwllllyyy....

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:33:15 AM by skyy » Logged

robertogracia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:04:57 AM »

What language are you using for the engine?

I can do art, but I need a long time partner if I am to get involved..
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »

EDIT #1

Who, Me? :paranoid:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:42:14 AM by skyy » Logged

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:43:19 AM »

sent you a pm because posting my game idea here makes me feel naked  Embarrassed

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »

sent you a pm because posting my game idea here makes me feel naked  Embarrassed

Replied  Gentleman

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:56:17 AM »

Alright, this was fast... This was actually, wow... Seriously just wow.
Things went from awesome to even more awesome, here I was deving alone and suddenly boof someone came along to help.

So, yes, we decided to team up with kinnas. He had a great idea for a game and we are going to start working on it. So basically... Forget everything you read from my first post, because here comes new thing. I'm putting this engine (project) to sleep and reviving another one to suit the current deving needs a bit better and the stuff we are going to use for our game.

Kinnas does the art and I do the programming. The schedule of the game will be tha same as it was before. But we are starting off with a proof-of-a-concept game, aim to get it done as fast as possible and move on from there.

I'll let you guys know more things move on and we'll talk more about the project later. Also I'm going to rewrite the first post completely later on Smiley

EDIT #1: how many typos can one make when excited..? It's still horrible but ...  Durr...?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:11:45 AM by skyy » Logged

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »

Related in so many ways:

current setup for insane programming sessions, I need to get my 24" back >_< 17" just won't do. Notice the coffee mup on the bottom right hand corner Coffee

Also masters evil helper:

Lol at the mess in the picture around the cat Tongue I got told off by my better half already about it so.. I guess I'll have to clean it  Concerned

Here we go, development continues.

Random fact: I've had 21 mugs of coffee with this project so far.

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »

Update goes HERE! First post completely updated with new development team information, game information and all that whazam. Jump in and enjoy.   Durr...?

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

Oh shit!
Alright, lets get this devlog going with some concept art. I have some vague ideas of who would oppose our dear i on her quest, these include turrets, and pupbots and gunmen and some vaguely 60's modernist eggseat jetpack dude. And more!

Some notes for self: figure out a colour scheme for the unified enemy forces to make them easily readable amidst our blue-n-white skyscraperland. Also different kinds of attack mechanics. Stuff that hurts you, stuff that can protect itself (shields?), stuff that can push you. More interesting mechanics like EMP blasts to fuck up your hud/vision etc or enemies that can summon other enemies.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:21:51 AM by kinnas » Logged

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »

That's fucking great character design, I'm loving the main character the most.

I'll be following this closely.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

SICK artwork Kinnas!!!!  I love this concept work, this is looking really great.  I love the designs of the soldiers.  Im seeing them in maybe a green color but I dont know, can't wait to see what you do with this.

Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »

It's so good, it hurts.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »

Badass! Can't wait to see some animations and stuff! Really digging the style!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

wow everything is amazing.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

Awesome, can't wait to see more.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Spincut
Level 1

Playing the games you make

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »

Wow, looking very nice already! I can believe that this will be an awesome project!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »

Beautiful style you guys got going! Glad to see that running robot is actually going somewhere!  :D
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 12:05:49 AM »

Here we go!
After spending 12h straight banging my head on the wall yesterday I finally got it to work. The problem was way too simple for me to spot it on the first place and since I didn't spot it right away I started doing silly changes and that sent me straight into a programming hell that I wish nobody wants to go to... But in the end, lesson learned, improvements made and now it works.

We can now run the map files made by kinnas with our game and place tiles, entities and such in the world based on the data in the map file.

Don't worry about the black lines on the left and right, it's just that the test map is really small but contains all the data we wanted to do. That's why there's black showing on the sides Smiley Like I said, pretty much WIP since it's just a test map FOR ME, silly old me who got absolutely destroyed yesterday.  Facepalm

Development continues!

Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »

Looks great!  And I hear you re: debugging hell.  I just recently tracked down a bug where one object was inserting a reference to itself in another object, but not removing that reference on being told to delete itself.  The result was that the other object was causing the first object to appear as a ghost label in addition to the newer, correct object.

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »

Looks great!  And I hear you re: debugging hell.  I just recently tracked down a bug where one object was inserting a reference to itself in another object, but not removing that reference on being told to delete itself.  The result was that the other object was causing the first object to appear as a ghost label in addition to the newer, correct object.

Objects, man.  Can live with 'em, can't live without 'em...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic