Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:31:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2617037 times)
johnnoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »

Post mockups you've made of games that you may, or may not, someday make!

Here are a few i've done for an Another World (or Out of This World in the US) inspired game that i've done a little bit of work on but probably will never be finished

// EDIT:

DAID'S TIGFORUMS ART VIEWER:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:02:21 PM by Derek » Logged
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »

I love you. Kiss

The-Imp
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

Ugh, old ugly piece o' shit.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:56 AM »

I wouldn't say that's ugly. More detailed term could be awesome.

Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 05:46:06 AM »

Here are a few i've done for an Another World (or Out of This World in the US) inspired game that i've done a little bit of work on but probably will never be finished

I think it's a good start, but the player character is practically invisible in the darkest ones. I like his glowing eye, and I think you could use that to your advantage, but now it's just one white dot among many. You could tone down the stars and snow and maybe enlarge his eye a bit so that he's easier to pinpoint. A partial outline (moonlight hitting him, for instance) or areas of brighter color might be a good idea as well.

Good separation of foreground and background there. Smiley

I have a few projects still in the mockup stage, mainly because of lack of ideas. I still work on them a little every now and then, even though they may never get anywhere.

EGA platformer. I want to make a lot of changes to this one. I haven't gotten to really dislike the limited palette yet, so there's still hope.

And a 1-bit platformer. A lot of changes are needed here too, mainly to animations.

Krumbs
Level 1

Huun Huur Tu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 05:52:02 AM »

I was sketching some pictures in school and came up with an idea for a game.

It's an fps set in WW2 where you control a squad leader on either a the axis or allies team. There are also 10 or something other AI squad leaders (or human squad leaders if there was online) each with about five men under their control and all with varying weapons. There would be normal battles and things like in any other game except the whole map (which is rather large) is littered with zombies. The zombies wander around following the last living human it sees, when it sees a human it lets out a moan which calls in any zombies within a 100m radius or something like that, when a zombie kills a human by clawing at him and stuff the human dies and becomes a zombie after about 60 seconds of being dead. The zombies can be killed by body shots but head shots are far more effective.

You would also be able to barricade up windows and doors if you wanted, this is usually used if all your friendly squads and all the enemy has been turned into zombies. Please ignore the other things not to do with barricading on the right, that is part of another game.

When placing barricades your weapons are holstered. Also weapons and barricading material like planks, corrugated metal, poles etc all slow you down due to weight.

I just think it would be cool to be having a battle against the enemy in some trenches and seeing zombies wandering over the battleground being shot by both teams while they still fight each other, it would liven the game up so much I think.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 06:02:28 AM »

EGA platformer. I want to make a lot of changes to this one. I haven't gotten to really dislike the limited palette yet, so there's still hope.

It might be the nostalgia talking (though I don't think I have a giant soft spot for EGA) but this looks so so so so good. I would maim someone to see it as a playable game. Evil
johnnoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:42 PM »

D; that's not ugly, that's very UN-ugly - the only thing that looks off about it is the columns, the ground tiles and background look fantastic.

the player character is practically invisible in the darkest ones

ugh, the laptop screen strikes again! The screen I'm looking at these on has slightly mucked up contrast so they look fine to me, should get a look at them on some other screen and change the colours around
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »

Warning programmer art below Smiley. Mock ups of random games I have started but may or may not finish, or games that I never really planned on starting at all.

A life simulator, creatively called "LifeSim".  It was supposed to be like a mix of Alter Ego and Real Lives, or something.  Actually got kind of far with it.  The code base formed the framework for Shadow Physics so there is that.

LifeSim

Random really low res mockups

Early art (possibly) for this crazy procedural\roguelike hybrid of Star Control, X-Com and Metroid that I want to make (doesn't look as exciting as it sounds, I know.)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:43:00 PM by Impossible » Logged
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »

This is really cute!

Btw, your lifesim2.jpg-link links me to "http://lifesim/"
which makes firefox find yetanother hijacked domain.

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »

Btw, your lifesim2.jpg-link links me to "http://lifesim/"
which makes firefox find yetanother hijacked domain.

Meh, fixed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:12:05 PM by Impossible » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »

I used to make alot of mockups.

oh man they get pretty ancient towards the bottom there.

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »

Nintendo DS mockup for a university course.

The resulting game.

A mockup about farming and catapults...

A mockup of my current project.

Kramlack
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »

Can mock-ups be actual in-game screenies?

It's a little flash game I'm working on right now, it might as well be a mock-up since you can't do much at the moment. Still needs a HUD (or maybe I won't have one).

As you can see, you fight zombies, and everything is naked... I haven't decided if I want to give them clothes, because I feel it's easier to differentiate between the two if they're both naked
im9today
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »

I need hide tags Tiger

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:35 AM »

This thread is absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll post some old stuff later (or make some new stuff). Also:

Those clouds are freakin' awesome.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 05:51:00 AM »

These are very very good!

im9today: Is that a V for Vendetta adventure game? The blue winged best looks very very evil, I'd love to see that boss fight!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:37 AM »

Mockups are awesome, keep it comin  Beer!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »

Please, do continue: this piece is so good it makes you forget it's EGA!
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 09:51:30 AM »

That is awesome. Looks like commander keen mixed with a lemming.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic