Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:01:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat do people reccomend for video capture?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What do people reccomend for video capture?  (Read 9996 times)
grapefrukt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:14 AM »

I did the my

using fraps. Since I'm running windows 7 the entire desktop runs of the 3d-graphics drivers so fraps i able to capture it. You just need to tick the box that says Monitor Aero desktop (DWM) and you should be good to go. Also, it's probably a good idea to run the game in the standalone flash projector just to get the best possible performance.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 01:17:16 AM »

I was also wondering if any of you were able to get fraps to work with flash...

it is possible:
go to "general" and activate "Monitor Aero Desktop (DWM)".
note that with this option the whole desktop will be recorded, though.

moreover
http://www.pixelprospector.com/2010/08/how-to-record-and-edit-gameplay-videos/#fraps

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Ron Starc
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 05:52:45 AM »

My Screen Recorder Pro is a better screencast software tool. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to AVI, WMV, MP4, or FLV. Just perfect for creating tutorials, demos, and presentations. Plus, java is not required and there are no limits on recording length. Also, the recordings play back on any device.
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 08:48:40 AM »

Fraps 100 billion percent. Everything else is shit and lags your game. With YouTube new 60FPS option it is not smart to do anything lower than that when advertising your game.

The one fault people think Fraps has it that you can't record your screen with it (since it only locks into application windows), but you can easily do it, and in that regard it kicks the shit out of Camtasia/Hypbercam and nearly all other screen recording software.

Best quality with least frame drops.

GG-Works
Level 0

It's going to be a long ride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »

I've found Bandicam to be very useful, I used to use fraps, but if you're running on a shoestring budget like me right now.  Bandicam and Movie Maker (or any video editor) works well.

I tried taking my FRAPS videos to make trailers but the file sizes are way too large and had to find the right codec that didn't look like the internets first youtube video.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2015, 04:22:41 AM »

Fraps all live footage then re-encode in Adobe Premiere/Media encoder into a reasonable size Tongue

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
jb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »

I've had really positive experiences with OBS (and it's free!)
https://obsproject.com/

pixelbarons.com
DOGO - competitive local multiplayer platformer
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »

Yea I'll second OBS. Not many export options, but that's what I use other software for anyway.

Oh god make it stop.
RaccoonV
Level 0

Business & Marketing

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »

You can also download ''GifCam'' on the Internet for free to create .GIF's of your game. It is a really flexible tool with simple settings that is easy to understand for everyone. You can then use those .GIF's to promote your product on social media channels. Twitter accepts the GIF format.

Here is a link: http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic