Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:21:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingObsessive Nuclear Testing Disorder
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Obsessive Nuclear Testing Disorder  (Read 2382 times)
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »

Hello there! This is my first post here and I'm posting my first shmup. It's a 3-day Stargate themed shmup.

Download

killer.rar (6.4 mb)
Check my blog for news and updates: www.awkwardgames.wordpress.com

Instructions

Earth scientists have developed a new kind of nuclear bomb. Your goal is to test it. Get the multiplier as high as you can, then use a nuke to get the highest score you can. If you get hit, the multiplier will reset. The only score that matters is the one gained by using the nukes. You will receive a nuke every 7000 points. You’ve got 7 waves to get the score as high as you can. Good luck!

Arrow keys – movement
Space – shoot
S – Nuke

Make sure you have the latest DirectX version and Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package installed.

Credits

Game Design & Code: Alin Baciu
Gfx: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27438

Music: DJ Bootsie – Vuluke Khall (Instrumental Version)

Sfx: 73537__Snipperbes__ClassicLaser.wav, 51467__smcameron__missile_explosion.wav.

Obsessive Nuclear Testing Disorder uses Chorus Engine (home-brew).

Hope you like it Smiley
Comments and cryticism are welcome.
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »

You shouldn't need to install the redistributable if you have built it in release configuration (assuming if course thAt you are using Microsoft visual c++)
Tayron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:49:56 AM »

You shouldn't need to install the redistributable if you have built it in release configuration (assuming if course thAt you are using Microsoft visual c++)
yes, you do need to install the redistributable. the only case when a redist isn't necessary is when you do static linking. Then the needed dlls will be embedded in the exe file, producing a larger exe. otherwise, the program will require dlls that you may or may not have, so you need the redist.
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »

My mistake, sorry. I assumed that that was the problem (or a similar one) that I had encountered that when sending an early buld of somthing I made to a freind, and it was fixed   by building in release mode

my mistake
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic