Yes. Very much so. Indeed. Yes. Definitely. Yup.
Where Kenta Cho hit the motherload of twitch wonderment. Incredible piece of design and bogglingly beautiful to look at too. Do I push forward and greedily hoover up points or do I live to see another 2 inches of screenspace? Fuck it, chaaarge!Space Giraffe
- because sometimes you need to encapsulate 30 years of gaming in one fell swoop, see also the upcoming Gridrunner:Revolution to a lesser degree (with regards to the design, not to the game which is quite majestic and forward thinking in its own little way)Chocolate Castle
- overwhelmingly cute but beautifully forgiving puzzler.Braid
- see also Space Giraffe above for reasoning.World Of Goo
- my heart sank at the end of World 3. I'm a crotchety old bugger, I'm not supposed to care what happens to some goo balls dammit.Burn The Trash
- Punk.As.Fuck.Spheres Of Chaos
- my pretty eyes, they burn so good. Never bettered in the Asteroids stakes.Brainpipe
- turn the lights off. Grab some headphones or turn the volume up. Run for your mummy, it's going to get scary in here.Fren-Ze
- because I never do a list without it. The precision, the clarity, the perfection. The swearing.Jumpman
- Slightly slippy slidey controls but shows ...And Yet It Moves how to do this shit properly. A love letter to platform gaming in digital form.
- because I love it so much I felt the need to start writing my own version.
I'll shut up now, I could be here a month or two