Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:16:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsPixel Art Tutorials
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Art Tutorials  (Read 262841 times)
xMowbrayx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »

Thanks a lot, guys. This tutorials are pretty good.
SkyBox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2009, 08:07:22 AM »

Well the guys who are really good at pixel art would probably make pretty good cel animators, also.  And maybe vice versa.  But there's still a learning curve that you have to get past to make good pixel art, techniques you need to know... it's not as easy as it looks!  Especially when you get to animating.

I mean, Paul Robertson... come on, that guy needs to get some props for what he does.  I don't think you could achieve what he does, Anthony, without a lot of hard work!

That stuff is very NSFW! As I just found out, when I opened it fullscreen at work... Giggle

For making very simple animated pixel art, for use in Game Maker, is GraphicsGale worth buying?
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »

you dont need to buy graphics gale if your just using it for game maker, the only thing that the full version of graphics gale does thats different than the free version is saving files to animated gifs and saving icon/cursor files.  None of which you need for game maker.  I highly recommend graphics gale, just download the free version and your good to go!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »

Well the guys who are really good at pixel art would probably make pretty good cel animators, also.  And maybe vice versa.  But there's still a learning curve that you have to get past to make good pixel art, techniques you need to know... it's not as easy as it looks!  Especially when you get to animating.

I mean, Paul Robertson... come on, that guy needs to get some props for what he does.  I don't think you could achieve what he does, Anthony, without a lot of hard work!

That stuff is very NSFW! As I just found out, when I opened it fullscreen at work... Giggle

Sorry, there wasn't a huge cockmonster on that page when I first linked it... Big Laff
The-Imp
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2009, 06:40:24 AM »

Heh, saw it on Deviantart for a day. The next day. GONE.

Good times, good times.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:01 AM »

Sorry, there wasn't a huge cockmonster on that page when I first linked it... Big Laff
He's pretty good, just not really into that whole gory fetish thing.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
godsavant
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

I'd just like to share this.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2009, 05:05:08 AM »

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 04:00:24 AM »

He's pretty good, just not really into that whole gory fetish thing.

Huh, looks like I haven't checked this thread in a while. And, indeed, have never seen Paul Robertson's site!

What. The fuck? I'm a little bothered that someone accrues that level of talent and then uses it for uh... well, you know. One place I won't be going back to. Especially not ever!
medieval
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 07:00:55 AM »

Shit. That paul robertson dude is crazy. And it's indeed a shame to see so much pixel talent go to waste.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »

Shit. That paul robertson dude is crazy. And it's indeed a shame to see so much pixel talent go to waste.
Big Laff I don't see any problem. He draws what he wants.
PS:

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Renton
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2009, 04:01:30 AM »

Big Laff I don't see any problem. He draws what he wants.
PS:

Quoted for truth and boobs.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2009, 05:25:32 AM »

Erm, you know how windows XP has that built in picture viewer that can view moving .gifs, right? And you know how Vista doesn't? What the hell.

Is there any really simple, quick-to-load program that will just view .gifs in motion by default? Danke.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »

You could just use your browser

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »

I use Photoshop a lot.  Are Pro Motion, Graphics Gale, and Pixen better for pixeling or should I just stick with Photoshop?  Does Pixen do onionskin? 

Man, an automatically updating/real-time tiling feature would be really sexy.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2009, 12:49:55 AM »

Right klick and open with IE. Has that disgusting buffer time that IE has in vista, but then you get to see the gif, moving Hand Shake Left Shocked Hand Shake Right
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2009, 03:18:42 AM »

But I didn't have a buffer time before! And it doesn't zoom easily. AND I'M LAZY. Cry

I mean, I'm already using the browser. Was hoping for a simple alternative.

Come again?
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »

I use Photoshop a lot.  Are Pro Motion, Graphics Gale, and Pixen better for pixeling or should I just stick with Photoshop?  Does Pixen do onionskin? 

Pixen overlays the previous frame for the animation stuff.
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »

But I didn't have a buffer time before! And it doesn't zoom easily. AND I'M LAZY. Cry

I mean, I'm already using the browser. Was hoping for a simple alternative.

Come again?

Is there a pixeling program that will tile the image you are working on around it so you can see if it's seamless and then update that on the fly while you're working on it?

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »

Deluxe Paint does this in version 3 (and possibly earlier versions). That might not help you very much though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic