Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026758 Posts in 41166 Topics- by 32773 Members - Latest Member: robert.briscoe

July 25, 2014, 03:03:26 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTutorialsPixel Art Tutorials
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Art Tutorials  (Read 127861 times)
MrGando
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

The Art Director of Gando Games, just finished a tutorial about Pixel Art, Sprite Design, this surged as some experience he gained while working in the iPhone Platform, but the tutorial is 100% generic.

It may be worthy to check out:

http://www.gandogames.com/2010/05/148/

Coffee

Lead Programmer
Gando Games
Twitter
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2010, 03:37:31 AM »

I have few simple tutorials (for beginers) on my pixel art workshop web page.

http://workshop.blodyavenger.com

Regards!

Kaian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »

Thanks for the links!  Anyone here using Pixen and liking it?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:48 AM »

No. I tried Pixen for a while, but dumped it because it kept changing the colour values of the pixels. I'd start of with a 16 colour palette and end up with 30 colours because Pixen kept altering the colours on me.

theweirdn8
Level 2

theweirdn8@live.com legendarynate nateisoraw
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2010, 05:38:19 AM »

so many cool sprites, thanks guys

-Check out my nice little Farming Game that is more than just raising farm animals and crops..
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »

Can anyone reccommend a good tutorial on how to draw a sprite with more than 8 directions. I'm trying to draw a 16x16 sprite that faces 16 different directions, and while I've been moderately successful with simple shapes, I need to move on to something a little more complicated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Malignanttoe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2011, 10:44:01 AM »

Are there any tutorials for making isometric character sprites?
mwheelhouse
Level 0

I like Juice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »

Awesome links! Every time I look for stuff, I find those darn pokémon!!!

Look! Another random encounter!!!
*dun dun nenennununu doooo dooo dooo nenenen*
*Exotic roaring sounds*

Thanks guys!

roguelikemonkey
Level 0

god gave us thumbs for a reason.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »

hey all i was wondering if anyone knew what the original 4 color monochromatic green palate for the gameboy was? i am really interested in makeing some sprites the bring back the nostalgic feeling of old. thx -rlm My Word!
kamac
Level 10

Notorious posts editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »

Nice tuts out there  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Thanks for sharing!

kadajett
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »

As my official first post to this forum(Love it btw), I would like to say that Paul Robertson is a mad genius.  Waaagh!
Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

As my official first post to this forum(Love it btw), I would like to say that Paul Robertson is a mad genius.  Waaagh!
As my official 2175th post to this forum(Love it btw), I would like to say that this is the wrong thread to put this in.
cplhasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »

I don't have much talent when it comes to drawing, but I want to learn how to do pixel art. Would I be better off spending some time learning how to draw decently or are they separate skillsets?
Sniperrr
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »

I don't have much talent when it comes to drawing, but I want to learn how to do pixel art. Would I be better off spending some time learning how to draw decently or are they separate skillsets?

I don't know anyone that can sprite but can't draw. When you can draw well you can typically figure out how things are going to look when you're not even an eighth of the way to being finished, and that's important in spriting (or at least, i've found it is)

Also, anatomy. That's pretty important. Best way to learn that is drawing, not spriting.

J-Snake
Level 10

a fool with a tool is still a fool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

Can anyone reccommend a good tutorial on how to draw a sprite with more than 8 directions. I'm trying to draw a 16x16 sprite that faces 16 different directions, and while I've been moderately successful with simple shapes, I need to move on to something a little more complicated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Why not just using a 3D-model program, letting it do correct perspective and lighting and then just simply taking any snap-shots you want? Potentially it can apply to pixel-art aswell, you just dictate what brightness-levels to choose(just like with cel-shading). My guess, may be with some innovative tools a pixel-artist could save a ton of time and the main work will reduce to just sculping out the outlines and defining the set of colors for the sprite, because all of the rest can be computed based on the depth-information of the outlines and the position of the lightsource/s. So I wonder whether some special pixel-art tools do exist which allow you to do it.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Super Metroid Tournament: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38039.0

TrapThem: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222597670
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic